Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Arcade Sticks you've tried and your comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Arcade Sticks you've tried and your comments.

This just arrived today and thought I'd give it a go with Gynoug (also a new addition to my ever-evolving collection ) Anyway although it was a pleasant break from the norm I just didnt feel it as responsive as my 6-button sega pad. It was a bit of a dissapointment and not as comfortable as I first thought it would be..

The old Hori sticks for the PCE, Neo, Saturn and PS1 (i.e. the ones similar to this) are pretty sweet, nice short stick, pretty acurate and solid enough buttons. Certainly much better than 90% of the sticks out there. The DC stick is so-so but the stick tends to stick and/or just feel a bit heavy, really needs modding to do it justice.

Comment

Hmm, well I have a "Score Master" arcade stick for the Super Nintendo. I'm pretty sure it's official Nintendo product, I still have the original box.

It's got slow motion and auto-fire buttons (they were so popular back in the day, weren't they? I wonder why not now..?) and it's designed to look like a mini Super Nintendo.

It's pretty responsive and fairly comfortable. It's feels fairly cheap however, and there is no "clickyness" on the stick, which is kind of offputting, but it does the job very nicely, and is great for Street Fighter and good host of other games like Syndicate and all the SNES shooters. I'm gonna dig this out again soon actually .

Comment

My ASCIIWARE Super Advantage Stick for the SNES is shockingly bad. You have to hit the buttons from the top or they stick. The button layout also means that you can't have easy access to all 6 at the same time. Furhermore, the stick itself is really short, but it's useable.

Compared to my 6-Button Sega Arcade Power Stick II, the super advantage is kack. Of course, my Namco PS1 stick poops on them both.

Comment

Best one I have used is the Sega Virtua Stick for PS1/2. Eight buttons, arcade quality, built like a brick outhouse, and just spanking gorgeous. Also my Hori Fighting Stick NEO is a beauty, just feels so....right.

Obviously the Namco stick is the dog's as well, as are the Jap MD and Saturn sticks.

Comment

Anyone tried the capcom fighting stick for the snes/sfc? Like to know as ive just bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
              Anyone tried the capcom fighting stick for the snes/sfc? Like to know as ive just bought one.
              Personally I don't rate it. It feels too light and flimsy.

Comment

Have a go at making your own I gave it a go a couple of years back and it's really rewarding to play games on something you made. I actually wrote up the process on a site my mate was running, it's still there if you want to have a read >> Build a stick. Plus you get to use actual arcade buttons and sticks.

Just replace the cheap ps1 pad I used with a cheap snes/genesis one. Oh, and make sure you make a better effort than mine

Comment

I'm quite partial to the Astro City double badboy on the saturn!

Example being

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Sega-Astro-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa

Example being

now that I like!..

Comment

Indeed. Although rofl at his story! They're very common in japan, and on ebay quite a bit too. Competition..I'm dubious myself!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa

Example being

*drools*

Comment

I've had side-by-side sticks like that before (although not anywhere near as nice), most obviously the X-arcade double, and they always really irritated me, as I need LOTS OF ELBOW ROOM!

Comment

I like the Namco one I got for ?6 in Scarborough - nice, heavy and very clicky. God Bless Cash Convertors!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
                              I like the Namco one I got for ?6 in Scarborough - nice, heavy and very clicky. God Bless Cash Convertors!
                              My Cash Converter's Namco Stick was ?10 inc postage

On another note...is there a converter that would allow me to use a PAL 6-button Megadrive stick on a US SNES? I've had a look at the schematics for both and they look pretty incompatible (Megadrive 6-button sticks appear decidedly complex!). Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X