Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Neo games exist unofficially on the NGCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Neo games exist unofficially on the NGCD?

So I just picked these ever so slightly unofficial cds up for the neo. Gururin, Neo Mr Do, Puzzle de Pon and Andro Dunos.

The keen eyed among you will realise they are games that were never actually released on the ngcd. They were on MVS (and 1 on AES) but not on cd.

Are there any others like this?

Also it is easy to convert an existing Neo game to ngcd? (I've heard not)

Edit: made post clearer, sorry
    Last edited by wheelaa; 04-04-2006, 22:51.

Not sure about other games but where did you pick those up from?

Comment

Unreleased NGCD games? I'm intrigued. Stop leaving us hanging on like this wheelaa, it's just cruel.

Elaborate! Illuminate! Enlighten us with your words!

Comment

Sorry, slightly misleading post etc.

There's a piccie there of 4 ngcd games, that weren't officially released for the ngcd. They were on MVS, and 1 on AES, but none on cd. Clearly the unofficial end of the market but I'd still not seen them before. Just wondering what other neo games have been ported unofficially to the ngcd.

Comment

I only recognise two of the games, give us some descriptions of them!

Also, how's the loading considering they're not official ports?
          Last edited by Sketcz; 05-04-2006, 09:25.

Comment

They aren't unnoficial ports they are simply hacked rom files that have been adapted into a standard NGCD format.

Anyone who has been around the DC Emulation scene will have seen alot of the MVS games converted to CD for one of the emulators.

Comment

Charles Doty has converted a few games to CD, more info here. I really want Andro Dunos. You have me interested now though, what other fully 100% working (on actual Neo CD hardware) CD conversions exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                They aren't unnoficial ports they are simply hacked rom files that have been adapted into a standard NGCD format.

Anyone who has been around the DC Emulation scene will have seen alot of the MVS games converted to CD for one of the emulators.
                Yeah do these work on the ngcd hardware? I'm guessing not.

I suppose we could widen the debate to ngcd homebrew as well. Whats out there? I know of Frog Feast.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Neo-Geo-C...QQcmdZViewItem

i dunno how this helps but maybe you could contact these guys for help!

Comment

What can I say..he only has 97 games left in that auction!

Been reading up on it today over at another forum.

Comment

Beats of Rage. Strange that a game that was born from ripped King of Fighters sprites has never ended up being converted to NeoGeo. I'm sure it would be possible to rewrite the game engine, but would a CD unit be able to handle the game? Hell, I'd pay for BoR on an MVS cart; it's certainly beter than most of the official scrolling beat 'em ups on the Neo.

Last Hope is also getting a Neo CD release as well as a DC release. I'll probably get both, but I'd rather have an MVS version. As long as it's as good as it looks, of course.
                      Last edited by Neo Si; 05-04-2006, 23:02.

Comment

I don't know they're doing mvs. They should! I hope they sort it soonish, and that q2 doesn't become q3.

Comment

Working...
                        X