Clear All

Retro collections eg Midway Capcom

Am after the retro collections, currently have the following

Namco 50th Aniversery GC
    Midway Arcade Classics 1,2,3 XBOX
    Capcom Classics XBOX
    Taitio Legends 1,2 XBOX
    Tecmo Classic Arcade XBOX

What other collections are out there please, Would like some advise as i am having a big retro chillout week soon. I have the following consoles GC(Moded),PS2(Moded),XBOX(Moded),PSP(1.5),Dreamcas t,Saturn(JAP),PS1

Thanks

Mark

Well, there's the Namco Museum vols 1-5 on PS1 (+ Namco Encore which is Jap-only). These contain loads of great games, most of which have been stupidly left off the anniversary collection.

If you want some old console collections, there's Activision Anthology, Atari Anthology and Intellivision Lives.

There was a Konami PS1 arcade compilation released but it was pretty small and didn't have Gradius on it.

I'll try and remember some more.

Comment

Don't forget Namco Anthology 1 & 2 on PS1.

NA1:
      Star Luster
      Babel
      WrestleBall
      Conquerors Continent

NA2:
      Pac Attack
      Valkyrie No Densetsu
      Namcot Open 2
      King of Kings

Comment

Can't remember the ****ing name of the ****ing thing but there is one on the Saturn to do with the MSX, or something Konami-related. MSX Museum? Christ knows. Never bought it when I had a Saturn, someone like our piratical chum Buster Broon will know what it is called. Meant to be reeeet good as well, normally pricey-ish though. Capcom Generations on the PS1 is alright, many games re-appeared on the Classics collection but a few odds and sods on there and the pal version has some amusing, shoddy Capcom history timelines in the instruction books that don't mention half of their best games.

Other than those you could get Hyper SFII on PS2, the Anniversary SF thing on the Xbox, the superb Street Fighter Collection for Japanese Saturn, the two Sonic collections (Jp GC is best), the recent Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box, and if you want to be horrified by what they did to Golden Axe you can get the Sega thing that just came out.

And son - don't forget to snap up the masses of Neo Geo games out there on yer PS2. Start by getting the King Of Fighters 00/01 pack (less than ten squid), and then KOF 2002 (seen it for ?9.99 in GAME, second or third best KOF, too), and of course you will need the Metal Slugs.

ppppps!! Just remembered that MSX thing. Konami MSX Antiques? Is that right?

Jesus, better shut up and have another can of Red Stripe. Yeah mon.

Comment

Sonic Gems and Mega Collection for the Cube?

(and Sean, is that you in your avatar~? Been annoying me for ages >_<)

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
            Sonic Gems and Mega Collection for the Cube?

(and Sean, is that you in your avatar~? Been annoying me for ages >_<)
            Yes, yes it is. There are a few other pics of me on here to "prove" it is me as well. Plus some of you hoi-polloi on here have been privileged enough to meet me in person.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
              Can't remember the ****ing name of the ****ing thing but there is one on the Saturn to do with the MSX, or something Konami-related. MSX Museum?
              Konami MSX Collection. I used to have it on the PS1.

Comment

I have made a mini "Retro Special" on my website (see my profile) and that has a review of a few retro compilations. There's so many out there right now, I need to get writing about some more I guess.

Well, Taito Legends 2 is fantastic, so my immediate reccomentation would be for that. Fantasic value for money and some great shooters on there too.

Comment

Looks like bankruptcy becons, i forgot i have Atari Anthology already. time for activision and intelivison next. Thanks for the info

Comment

I think the full name is Konami Antiques MSX Collection Ultra Pack, what a ridiculous mouthfull.

It's got 30 games on it, all ancient but alot are decent. I'm pretty sure it was released in 2 separate volumes on PS1 whereas they're all in one on the Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubeboy
                      Tecmo Classic Arcade XBOX
                      Mark
                      as collections goes thats the biggest turd of them all

also there is Irem Arcade Classics (Jp Saturn)
                      10 Yard fight
                      Zippy Race
                      Kung Fu Master

and for Dr Seany (i want to see credentials) the collection he is on about is called

Konami Antiques MSX collection ultra pack

Over 30 Konami MSX classics

Sega classics collection is pretty decent and try Gunstar heroes treasure box

there is also a Namco arcade hits pack as well

Comment

Sega smash pack on the Dreamcast. No pal realease though. Lots, iirc, 15-20 megadrive games inc sonic, sor 2, shinobi,etc and virtua cop.

Comment

Sonic Gems,Sega classics,Intellivision lives,Activision Anthology and Koonami MSX Collection (Yikes!!!!! expensive) all ordered.Also Irem as well
                          Last edited by Cubeboy; 12-04-2006, 10:49.

Comment

Working...
                          X