PC Arcade Stick For MAME?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Arcade Stick For MAME?.

Hey all, finally got the little PC i put to one side up and running with mame. Apart from having trouble with the Metal Slug roms not working (help?) i was wondering what arcade stick people would recommend to use?.

Is it possible to get a usb adaptor and use a Saturn stick maybe or would i be better off with something else?.
    Cheers!.

Wow, it's like deja vu

I posted this exact thing on the Wanted forums a few days ago. Then I was pointed towards Play-Asia, who are selling Sega's excellent PC Virtua Stick. This is nothing other than the very nice Saturn stick, except it plugs into a PC or Mac via USB Same stick and buttons as the original Saturn stick (ie. not quite as nice as good Sanwa or Seimitsu parts, but still very nice). Having fond memories of that Saturn stick I bought one like a shot for ?35 including delivery

There's also a bloke on eBay selling modified Logic 3 GameCube joysticks for ?40 including postage, but I wouldn't bother -- all he's done, from what I can make out, is replace the leaf switches with microswitches and stuck encoders from a USB keyboard inside. There are some interesting multi-platform compatible sticks being sold from Germany that look customisable, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jon bda
      trouble with the Metal Slug roms not working (help?)
      ClrMamePro.

Comment

Was looking at the Virtua Stick Psi but they're showing out of stock...have to see if i can get one secondhand.

Vertigo, got them going mate...its much better when you ain't got to fill the machine with cash . Playing it on a PC keyboard is killing the fun at the moment though!.

Comment

I use a Saturn stick with the 3-in-1 Joy Box. Works a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by jon bda
            Was looking at the Virtua Stick Psi but they're showing out of stock...have to see if i can get one secondhand.
            Oops.. reckon I might have bought the last one in stock, then, as immediately after I bought mine, they were showing as SOLD OUT -- but I thought it was just a glitch. Sorry

Comment

RE: Virtua Stick

Like Sabreman says if you can't get hold of the PC version, just get hold of a USB adapter.

I used the xbox virtua stick (with an adapter) and it's been pretty damn good so far.

Comment

a friend of mine purchased this recently:
                X-Arcade Dual Arcade Joystick Built Like A Friggin' Tank, Relive Thousands of Arcade Classics on Any Game System or Computer

i have yet to use it but he loves it. he just plays old school and schmup though, so i have no idea what the buttons would be like for fighting games...

Comment

Just a warning: the opinion of many in the shoot-'em-up community is that the X-Arcade is a mediocre stick. That is to say that it's not a bad stick, but it's ridiculously overpriced. Having tried one myself I would have to agree, to be honest. I found the stick too long and not very comfortable, and the quality of the stick and buttons to be no better than those found on far cheaper products. But it's big, and black, and 'x-treme', so people will fall for it...

Edit: Just been to the site -- HOW MUCH do they want for one of their faux-arcade cabinets?!! Even without the '190 classic games' (for which they want to charge FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS as part of the package, by the way), it's still about US$2,600!!
                  Last edited by Eps; 15-04-2006, 23:06.

Comment

Looks like i've just picked up an ASCII Dreamcast stick on another forum. I'll see if i can pick up a Joybox or similar now and give it a try...

Comment

Slightly off topic, I've just bought of these Saturn USB pads from Play-Asia which hopefully is as good as I've heard about them.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Been using an Xbox controller S + XBCD drivers and whilst it's probably the best joypad on the PC I've used the button's area bit to small/not flat enough (if that makes sense).

EDIT - is this any good? EDIT2, just read previous post in full, looks like this pup will work with existing drivers.

X-Fighting Stick
                      X-Fighting Stick for XboxArcade style fighting stickSupports all Arcade stick buttonsAuto fire buttons switch selectableOfficial Sega Saturn™ stick reworked for using with the Xbox™ consoleIdeal for all fighting and shooting gamesExtra large action buttons just as in the arcadeDoes not support a memory unit portThe X-Fighting Stick from Cosmo is a reworked Arcade Stick which was manufactured out of an original Sega Saturn™ Arcade Stick. It features extra large arcade style action buttons as well as an auto fire function. The X-Fighting Stick is ideal for all fighting and shooting game fans.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 16-04-2006, 14:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X