Games by Konami's Parodius Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games by Konami's Parodius Team

I've just been playing the utterly wonderful Twinbee Yahho on the Saturn (part of Konami's Twinbee Deluxe Pack) and couldn't help but notice it had exactly the same graphic and audio style as the Parodius series.

Leaving the atract mode (with great J-Pop song) to get started and up pops 'Parodius Team Presents...'.

So my question is, which games have Parodius Team made?

Obviously there's Parodius, Gaikokujou Parodius, Oshaberi Parodius, Sexy Parodius, and Twinbee Yahho... but what else? Is there anything else? And I guess they don't exist anymore?

Were they involved in any of the Gradius games?

I would imagine they were also responsible for the original Parodius game (MSX), before the series appeared in Arcades.

Parodius - Tako wa Chikyū o Sukū (1988)
    Parodius Da! - Shinwa kara Owarai e (1990)
    Gokujō Parodius! - Kako no Eikō o Motomete (1994)
    Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius (1995)
    Sexy Parodius (1996)

And it seems there's also a turn-based strategy game for the PlayStation - Paro Wars

Comment

Did they also make the Twin Bee puzzle game? I guess probably not but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
        Were they involved in any of the Gradius games?
        You'd have thought so, but after looking at some of the arcade credits, I can't find evidence to support the idea. Doesn't help that the Konami teams seem to love using pseudonyms.

No idea about the Twinbee Puzzle game, never played it, sorry.

Comment

I wonder if the team also worked on the Goemon games? They have a similar graphical/audio style, and are of course, full of silly humour and characters.

Comment

didnt a few of them pop off to form treasure?

Comment

I managed to dig out the Twin Bee Puzzle game earlier and it had no mention of it being made by the Parodius team. There was also an RPG although i don't have that.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                No known links between the Paro Da! arcade staff and Treasure, haven't compiled staff lists for the Super Fami games yet, but I'm working on it.

The later games all came out after Treasure had been formed.

One of the design team for the later games worked on Detana!! Twinbee too, but thats the only link to that game I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                  I wonder if the team also worked on the Goemon games? They have a similar graphical/audio style, and are of course, full of silly humour and characters.
                  Yeah.. I can see the connection. Both series of games share the wacky humour, graphic style and funny music and effects.

Maybe they called themselves Parodius Team when making the series, but also worked with other teams at Konami too. Who knows? It's hard getting information about Japanese devcos from the past.

I love the series. Playing the original on my SFC for the first time was a magical moment full of laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                    I thought it was parts of Konami's Contra and Castlevaia teams that went off to create Treasure?

Comment

Working...
                    X