Xbox Chipping & Software!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Chipping & Software!

With the current "Why should YOU chip your XBox?" i thought i would start a post off that would help the noobs! Me being one of them.

Just for questions like what chips the best so on and so on.......

If you can post up links for FAQS or out like that i would be very greatfull....

Also any screen shots or links on all the software you can get for it and how to use it??? E.g Streaming media player from my pc ehh? lol

Cheers

It's very simple

Xbox modchips are available from sites like www.baldbouncer.co.uk - I suggest the Xecutor 2 as the installation is so easy it's funny
    DO NOT attempt an installation if you are a n00b - it's FAR better to pay someone who knows what they are doing to install a modchip then **** it up yourself.

A standard installation will enable you to play all import games and run apps on your machine. If you want to play Xbox Live you need to install/have installed an ON/OFF switch so that you can switch your modchip off for Live.

Apps can be downloaded from sites like http://xtreme-xbox.net - you set them up the same way as you would PC software on ya PC putting all media/files in the correct folders before creating the disk image using a program called XISO (it creates a disk image which the XBOX can read)

For example you can download a DIVX player, set it up on your PC, put media in the correct folder, make an ISO and then burn it to a disk so it can be read by the Xbrick - using the Xhouse as a DIVX player is heavy ^^

Xboxes will read CDRWs and DVDRs - you usually need to fully erase CDRWs before you burn them so that they read better (Nero, Clone and Diskjuggle are all fine for copying). The Xcentre's EEPROM settings can also be changed once the machine is modded so even if you get banned from Live - press start to continue

Comment

Just a quick question - can you still go on live if you've upgraded your hdd?

ta
      Pete

Comment

You can if you 'lock' it. Almost all info you'll ever need can be found athttp://www.xbox-scene.com/

Comment

I was just reading over there. So it looks like "configmagic final" easily locks and unlocks the drive?

Mind you, I can't even get broadband so it's pointless at the moment

Cheers
          Pete

Comment

Working...
          X