Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two mystery PC Engine games -- anyone know what they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two mystery PC Engine games -- anyone know what they are?

And are they any good?

The second one is the first game I got with my PC Engine back in '89. It was called 'Tales from The Monster Path' but I'm not sure what the accurate translation is. It's a not-bad platformer with lots of sections that are in Japanese. When I was a kid, I managed to soldier through the Jap text and quite enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't have the patience now. I remember it had music that made me feel sad for some reason (!)

Don't know what the first game is but it looks interesting.

Comment

First one is necromancer.

2nd one looks familiar but i cant remember the name.

No idea if there any good.

Comment

Cheers, guys. According to the PC Engine Software Bible, neither of them is particularly stunning.

Comment

I was always scuppered in Monster Path by the question and answers session you get after riding on the turtle's(?) back.

Comment

Did that have top down sections as well as side scrolling action sections Sabreman?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabreman
              I was always scuppered in Monster Path by the question and answers session you get after riding on the turtle's(?) back.
              Same place i was stuck on, enjoyed the game up till then. Watching the stripper removing her clothes was a turn on...erm, i mean funny.

Comment

Jaseiken Necromancer - Piss poor RPG

Youkai Dotchuuki - Piss poor platformer

Comment

I got Monster Path and Galaga 88 with my first PC-Engine back in the early 90's. MP didn't impress me in any way, though I know it has it's fans. Galaga was enjoyable though!

Comment

Galaga still is. That and Gunhed were my first two for the PCE, and two of the best games I've ever bought on any system.

Comment

Working...
                    X