Help needed with modding a UK SNES.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with modding a UK SNES.

Okay, so I want to play some Japanese SNES games, what's the easiest way of sorting out my PAL machine to play them?

Buy a US one and cut the tabs out

Seriously though, you'll need a convertor without resorting to internal modification of the machine.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

If you decide against an import adapter and want to mod your snes, I'd recommend mmmonkey's guide. I managed to lift the chip legs quite easily with a sewing needle.

Hope this helps
      Dan

Comment

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, I do the mod for 15 inc return postage. I've sold a couple of systems to members on this forum and have had no complaints about the job I do.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Superfamifreak, I've sent you a PM.

Comment

I'll do it for 14, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
              Buy a US one and cut the tabs out
              whats the best (or should i say cleanest) way of cutting out the tabs on ones us snes? i don't really fancy ****ing up my machine in the process (i'm not very diy friendly) i've got a super famicom aswell but theres not much point in having both if i can run both us and jp games on my snes

Comment

Originally posted by deded
                whats the best (or should i say cleanest) way of cutting out the tabs on ones us snes? i don't really fancy ****ing up my machine in the process (i'm not very diy friendly) i've got a super famicom aswell but theres not much point in having both if i can run both us and jp games on my snes
                I took the top off mine, and used a junior hacksaw, then from the under side I cut either side of each tab sawing up to the top of each one, then pulled it off, then used a piece of fine sand paper to smooth it all off, a super neat job if I dont say so myself
                Last edited by chojin; 06-05-2006, 05:51.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                  I took the top off mine, and used a junior hacksaw, then from the under side I cut either side of each tab sawing up to the top of each one, then pulled it off, then used a piece of fine sand paper to smooth it all off, a super neat job if I dont say so myself
                  oh right, where can i get one of those nintendo screwdrivers from?

Comment

Working...
                  X