Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken differences

Where the little Anime character faces that appear when a character talks cut from the US & Pal versions of this game? Was just reading an old super play that had the original review of valken in it and this just sprang to mind.

Yup, I think you are correct.

Comment

I'm not so sure actually, i thought the US version had them. I have it somewhere, i'll check it out at some point.

Comment

The main difference between ASV and Cybernator is the plot. It's generally much more powerful in ASV, even if you're playing a clunkily translated ROM. Also, in Cybernator, don't get to see the president... ah, wait, I won't spoil that. :P

Comment

Nothing to add really other than a real class act of a game

Comment

There's definately no anime drawings for the characters in the PAL version, but I'm not actually sure about the US version, so Vince, you could be right.

Comment

The ending is also cut short in the western version ! There is however a western beta which includes a sound test and the anime charaters. None of the final released games (well, JPN and PAL) had a sound test.

Yakumo

Comment

The Pal version was just a port of the US version, they cut Cybernator to ribbons for the English release. So no the faces aren't in the US version.

I can confirm this 100% as I own both the USA and UK versions.

Konami mucked around with quite a few of their English releases.
                Last edited by S3M; 10-05-2006, 18:31.

Comment

One thing I really hate about Konami releasing Assault Suit in the west is that they got all the credit when it should be NCS Misaya since they are the ones who made it and released it in Japan. There version of Prince of Persia for the SFC was great as well.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                  X