Official Gameboy Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Gameboy Upgrades

Someone working in Game told my sister that nintendo are doing an official upgrade scheme, where they will fit a backlight to GBA's for a nominal cost, at some point.
    Does anybody know anything about this? or is it complete twaddle?

Twaddle.

Comment

I suspect it is twaddle too.
      Who ever herd of Nintendo doing anything nice for the uk market?

Comment

Even if its true they will probably scrap it and get every one to buy the game boy advanced SP.... rightly so

Comment

Originally posted by Banana_render
          Even if its true they will probably scrap it and get every one to buy the game boy advanced SP.... rightly so
          Yes, let's all us current GBA owners pay again for what is essentially the same machine, eh? Good show!

Comment

well i would do it for a game boy SP, and i found that it does exist, its called afterburner and you can get it fitted into your GBA, its like a front light but inside, well needed upgrade, but lets admit it..... the GBA SP does look alot nicer....

Comment

Whenever I travel, it's on long-ass journeys of more than 10 hours, with no access to a power point. I always change the batteries on my GBA (afterburnered). I don't want the Gameboy SP for this reason, although I admit I like the design. Removing the headphones and replacable batteries from the GBA was a bad move, IMHO, especially as optional rechargable battery packs exist for the GBA.

The afterburner seems like a prohibatively expensive option now though, at least in the UK where they charge ?25 (or ?40 including fitting, ?50 including dimmer chip).

IMHO, I think the GBA situation is split now with all units having pros and cons. Annoyingly.

Comment

Working...
              X