My supergun is playing me up. Noooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My supergun is playing me up. Noooo!

Hello there. Cananyone solve this problem for me? My supergun is not working properly - when I connect stuff to it and plug the scart into the telly, the picture rolls (like when the vertical hold goes on the telly) and is coloured pink and purple.

I have tried it out with my gamebox and also a Capcom CPS2 board. It cannot be the gamebox or the board, as I can clearly make out their respective pictures.

Any solution to this? I am not technically minded unfortunately so hope it is simple!!!

Have you tried connecting the scart lead before turning on the tv?

Is the scart going through a splitter / switch box?

Has it had a picture on the tv through the supergun previously?

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken
      Have you tried connecting the scart lead before turning on the tv?

Is the scart going through a splitter / switch box?

Has it had a picture on the tv through the supergun previously?
      1) Yes - this is always the case
      2/3) Yes - and this has never affected it before. The picture was fine and dandy, superb in fact. Can't figure it out!!

Comment

Does the scart switching box have a rgb button?

Comment

Yes. Tried fiddling with that to no avail.

Comment

The only time i had a picture problem with my super gun was when i first tried my neo geo system

i just gave the cart connectors a bit of a clean oh and the jamma connectors to and it seemed to work then
            Last edited by eastyy; 10-05-2006, 09:50.

Comment

Try not going via the switching box? As my old one had a dodgy connection related to the RGB button which caused a very similar sounding problem?

Occasionally when I use my supergun (not all that often since cab life) I found that if the crt tv had not been changed to the scart input channel upon connection, it would not recognise the supergun?

Other than that i'd guess it to be a fault with the connection to the superguns video out, or the cable potentially?

Comment

i will try again tonight straight into the TV and see if that works. Is a right old pain the arse!

Will feedback tomorrow with news. thanks for the replies!!

Comment

The screen roll sounds like the Compostie Sync isn't connected and the pinkiness sounds like the green channel isn't getting through. 2 crap connections suggests that the cable has been yanked by someone or something. Has anyone kicked the supergun...perhaps a pet? I'd have a look inside the SCART plug first and see if any of the wires are disconnected.

I'm pretty sure that the Green signal is fed into pin11 and the Composite Sync goes to pin20.

Hope this helps
                  Dan

Comment

Yeh I'm with halfacandan on this one. Sounds like within the SCART plug the sync wire has come loose probably due to it getting yanked. Open the SCART plug first and check the wires.
                    The purple effect may just be how your TV displays this particular signal when it's not synced properly, so deal with the sync first and check the colours later.
                    The next step is to open the Super Gun and check for a loose wire in there.

Comment

yep, sounds like a wire in the cable, the colour could be due to no green, r+b=p

Comment

Had a look inside the scart lead - looks a bit of a mess. I can't fix it myself as I suck, basically.

Anyone on here prepared to take a look at it for me if I cover postage? Am pretty sure it must be the scart, having seen what is inside!

Comment

If it looks messy then it may just be a short circuit. If you can un-jumble the cables and make sure that none of the connections are touching eachother (a few bits of sellotape should do it) then that may be all that is needed. If you are brave you may want to give them all a yank and see if any have come loose, particularly pins 11 and 20.

This pdf has a decent pic of a SCART socket's pin arrangement/numbering.

If its just a couple loose pins you've got, there are loads of chaps on here who could fix it but it could be something a little more profound so best find an expert.

Dan

Originally posted by seany1979
                          Had a look inside the scart lead - looks a bit of a mess. I can't fix it myself as I suck, basically.

Anyone on here prepared to take a look at it for me if I cover postage? Am pretty sure it must be the scart, having seen what is inside!

Comment

Hi Seany, I'll take a look at it for you if you want?

Just pay the postage both ways, I'll PM you my address

Comment

Working...
                            X