Greatest snes platformers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest snes platformers?

My snes fetish kicked in about a week ago and i fondly remember some great 2d platformers on this beauty.

Has anyone got any recommendations for great games that arent nintendo first party such as mario world and donkey kong.

Aladdin, Joe and Mac, Super Ghouls and Ghosts i remember being great and plan to revisit. Any other gems?

The ganbare goemon series of games are amazing platformers with a bit of action rpg fun thrown in.

It's as crazy as you can get (^_^) Unique & imaginative levels mixed with weird & fun mini games.

Take your pick, personally id start with number 2.

Comment

The SNES version of Pitfall is excellent.

Comment

Back in the day I loved Mickey's Magical Quest by Capcom, a beautiful game though not overly challenging.

Other favourites were Megaman X and the Earthworm Jim games

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
          Take your pick, personally id start with number 2.
          Indeed Goeman 2 is an ace game.

parkinho, don't forget Magical Quest 2 & 3 they were also released on the SNES.

Other good platformers include, Actraiser 2, Skyblazer, Hook, B.O.B, Cybernator, Plok, Lost Vikings, Castlevania IV and V.

Special mention to Kirby's Fun pak.

Comment

James Pond 3!

Comment

Tiny Toons from Konami.

Comment

Prince of Persia
                Umihara Kawase

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                  Indeed Goeman 2 is an ace game.

parkinho, don't forget Magical Quest 2 & 3 they were also released on the SNES.

Other good platformers include, Actraiser 2, Skyblazer, Hook, B.O.B, Cybernator, Plok, Lost Vikings, Castlevania IV and V.

Special mention to Kirby's Fun pak.
                  Yeah i recently had a blast on super castlevania but was throroughly unimpressed.

Comment

Megaman games and although not really platformers as such the Kai Kai Ninja games.

Comment

Nangoku Syonen Papuwa Kun
                      Hammerin' Harry
                      The Great Battle IV

Comment

Nightstalker: Stick with Castlevania 4-it does get a LOT better. Slow start but it builds up nicely. The music is still amazing and the gameplay intense.

I can still hear the end theme-STILL the best game music for me...ever.

Comment

I'd just like to back up the words of Street Turk - Super Castlevania IV starts in fairly unspectacular fashion but gets better the further you go on.

Comment

I do remember playing a game that was a bit like flash back i quite enjoyed it

think it was called black hawke or night hawke or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                              I do remember playing a game that was a bit like flash back i quite enjoyed it

think it was called black hawke or night hawke or something like that
                              Black Thorne.

Awesome game that has also had a GBA release.

Comment

Working...
                              X