Speaker setup on the cheap, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker setup on the cheap, please help

I want the best sound for around ?70, dosent have to be too loud. Want it to work for films, consoles, DVD and PC....

I have optical output from the Xbox so that would be good

I know creative labs have 6.1 setup but it dosent have optical input ..
    Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 - PC multimedia home theatre speaker system

Is it worth getting DTS...

How much am i gonna pay...

If u have somthing that is good or has won all the awards let me know

Mo, no offense, but for that money I don't think you'll get anything that will sound like what you'll want. Maybe PC speakers, but for decent movie sound you'll have to spend a few hundred more.

Comment

I don't think ?70 will get you anything at all. Those creative ones are just speakers, there's no amp with them. You would need a 5.1 (or better) soundcard for a PC, or an Amp for videogames and DVDs.

Comment

Curry's do an Acoustic Solutions 5.1 system with amplifier and sub-woofer for ?99. I got one and it sounds the business for what it is.

Comment

Thanks m8 just the kind of thing i was after...

Morgan.co.uk have a videologic 5.1 system anybody has one of these or is this a PC only thing again ?

Any more ?

Comment

i hooked my stereo up to the pc on unreal tournament 1 and thats awsome dolby digital QUALITY ))) with 6 speakers it sound awsome )

Comment

Out of interest, what would people recommend for someone on a ~?200 budget (stretching up a little bit higher if its really good)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                Curry's do an Acoustic Solutions 5.1 system with amplifier and sub-woofer for ?99. I got one and it sounds the business for what it is.

http://www.acousticsolutions.net/product.asp?ID=97
                Argos are doing the same one, but with speaker stands and better speakers for the same price. Thats the one i went for, and it does sound great for what you pay.

Comment

I was talking about these two babies, Acoustic heads is it worth buying these...

the ?117 and ?199 pound Videologic sets.
                  These are returns ...
                  or are their better alternatives?[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X