Ridge racer series ps1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridge racer series ps1

Recently picked up the japanese version of Ridge racer 4 and ive been amazed at just how good it still is i played the pal version when it was originally released and this has aged so well for a 3d ps1 game! It still looks sublime and moves at a heck of a pace considering its age. Dosent support the analouge sticks though? Im sure i used them on the pal version? Gonna try and pick up a negcon
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 29-05-2006, 21:31.

And a jogcon too and see how they play,they look like intresting devices. Rage racer is also on my list but after playing the 'hi rez' update of the orginal ridge racer i wont bother with that as it dosent seem to have aged so well.
    Sorry about the double post my browser on my phone ran out of characters!:-/
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 29-05-2006, 21:44.

Comment

my favorite series, ridge is still worth a play today it sold so many ps1 consoles (and yet rr6 didnt do the same for the 360).
      rage and rev share so much of the D.N.A. that they are worth owning as a set the jogcon is worth getting for a bit of fun also.

Comment

The Jogcon is a pretty good laugh once I got the hang of it, wasnt quite sure what to do with my fingers hehe, can be a bvit painfull but soon were zipping around......cool for RRV too. Shame my Rage Racer crashes........Revolution prolly my fave, its the bright fat poly's and music fun time!

Comment

Type 4 still is one of my all time favourite games ever

Comment

Just a shame that 'that' outburst at E3 has forever ruined the 'RIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRR!' speech thing..

Comment

ot but what outburst ? have i forgotten or missed something ?

Comment

A video I made of Sony's press conference condensed down to 1 minute.

RE: the post above.

I think this may have something to do with it ;p

Comment

lol i want that on a loop forever wish i could have watched that instead of the real show live lol

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                    Dosent support the analouge sticks though? Im sure i used them on the pal version?
                    I was pretty sure the game forces you to use the analogue stick. You can definately use them in the PAL version, anyway.

Comment

Nah, not in the NTSC-J version of RR4 - only d-pad
                      However the NegCon/ JogCon works, as mentioned previously.

Only the USA & PAL RR4's are analog stick compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoise
                        Type 4 still is one of my all time favourite games ever
                        Same here. It still looks stunning & is the best racer on PSone

I recomened any die hard Ridge fans to pick up the PSP compliation. Rave city?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
                          I was pretty sure the game forces you to use the analogue stick. You can definately use them in the PAL version, anyway.
                          DPad on the PAL version is the only way to fly!

Comment

Ride Racer type 4 is my favourite of the series too, super game, played it to death

Comment

My favourite RR experience has to be with the original conversion. When I got my first machine home, and put this game on, I just sat there with a big smile, and realised how special the game is.

Sure, it's a simple game, with one track, but what a great track it is. The way the tunnel looks, the bridge, the cityscape... it all looks perfect, and defined that unqiue RR aesthetic.

Revolution didn't live upto the name, but it did offer more of the same thrills, and even more colour. I really like it, but still prefer the original.

Then you have Rage Racer, which has it's unique grim grey tone to it. The actual experience is pretty good, and I like some of the tracks and cars. It never found a place in my heart though!

RR4 turned out to be just a good looking and fast as the magazines went crazy about. The game is extra slick, with it's speed and fluid control. The visuals have quite a sombre tone to them, which I think is pretty cool, but a bit too colourless for me. The tracks, cars etc... make it a really fun game though, and probably my 2nd favourite in the PS1 series.

RR1, despite lacking in depth and features, is still the ultimate edition. The visuals, sound, cars and gameplay shine bright with atmosphere and fun. Everything works together to define one of the best racers ever, and has fans still hoping for a true spiritual follow-up.

Still my favourite!
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-05-2006, 05:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X