Whats going on........The Neo Geo????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on........The Neo Geo????

just been looking through some completed eBay auctions and i've recently bought something from this gentleman - nice guy btw and here is his sales list: ebay sales

now he doesnt accept paypal and that can harm international interest but whats going on with some of those prices:

Ninja Masters for ?171
    US English KOF98 for ?45

I did have a pretty huge collection of Neo stuff a while ago but all of it was sold on about 2 years ago and i did not that bad out of it, some stuff lost money but generally i got what i paid and other games made alot of money since i bought them

but i am honestly shocked at some of those prices

Looks like Wheelaa's pal Dyer bought that Ninja Masters, will be nice to see what he asks for it when its relisted shortly

thoughts please from potential Neo owners and from members who have the Neo goodies

Is it worth selling now? or would it be best to sell before it gets worse?
    Last edited by buster_broon; 31-05-2006, 11:08.

As far as i knew AES was always expensive thats why i went down the MVS route.

Would imagine the price will increase for AES stuff though

Dont know why the varying prices though wonder if its because ninja masters is more sought after

Comment

see i told you guys before the bottom is fallling out of the neo market, great news as many more will enjoy the neo as previously when things were too expensive neo games were out of most people's price range. Let the real gamers enjoy the neo, not the rich trend followers who were partly responsible for the stupid prices neo games was previously going for.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
        As far as i knew AES was always expensive thats why i went down the MVS route.

Would imagine the price will increase for AES stuff though
        when i was quite active in the Neo scene the 2 games i mentioned would have sold for around:

Ninja Masters - not much change from ?350
        US kof98 - not much change from ?150, maybe alot higher

seems to be crashing big time unless nowadays paypal means that much to a buyer

Comment

The international AES market has been in decline for quite a while now - I think people have wised up to the fact that it's essentially the buying and selling of large slabs of plastic for inflated prices. The core traders are still wafting around, it seems, but ?171 for Ninja Masters is certainly much less than you'd pay a while back. The whole AES market is like the housing one - there are booms and depressions and though the buzz you get from having a mint specimen of X title is lovely, I've never really felt it was worth it. Playing MVS titles on a cab proper is what SNK is all about to me. Just my opinion though.

Comment

I wonder if console conversions have any affect on the price of the original neo geo games

Comment

Partly, yes; sensible folks realise that adequate-to-excellent ports can be had for next to nothing now, but 'prestige buyers' and Neo cognoscenti still blandly insist on AES originals, either for status or being 'hardcore', a stupid term that should have been debunked long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by nietzschedancing
                Playing MVS titles on a cab proper is what SNK is all about to me. Just my opinion though.
                i originally started with MVS stuff in a cheeky electrocoin 2000 cabinet from vektorlogic

but the amount of boots just started to annoy me and i eventually went the AES route

the guy who bought the US kof98 must have done a wee dance (jig) when that auction finished

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                  i originally started with MVS stuff in a cheeky elecrocoin 2000 cabinet from vektologic

but the amount of boots just started to annoy me and i eventually went the AES route
                  Aye, it is annoying, but the 'cab feeling' is ingrained in my simpletons blood now.

Comment

Well i only got the mvs system for games that did not look like getting console conversions.

I bought garou mark of the wolves for the ps2 and it ranks as a close enough conversion for what i wanted.Think some people are a bit to picky finding faults in the console versions.But then again i have not played all ports so there might be some bad ones out there.

If the price does continue to go down for neo geo stuff it can only be good news for the buyers

Comment

Same as above last 1.5 years been dropping out, some people having hard time shifting some games at all, I can remember Kernow just not being able to sell his KOF98.

Probably a good time to buy AES, tho you can still expect to pay the same price for the classic combo jap aes w/ FFS & 2020 for ?100 or abouts hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                        thoughts please from potential Neo owners and from members who have the Neo goodies
                        Lots of JP resellers about now, so the prices have definitely taken a hit, but I don't think the situation is as dramatic as that dude's auctions suggest - not accepting Paypal for Neo carts is suicide.

I've been selling my NeoGeo collection off in bits and pieces since the turn of the year. Here's some of the prices I can remember:

JPN AES:
                        Blazing Star - ?425
                        Pulstar - ?350
                        Viewpoint - ?130
                        RB2 - ?90
                        RB Special - ?65
                        Last Blade - ?75
                        Last Blade 2 - ?130ish (sold in a bundle)
                        KOF '97 - ?55
                        KOF '98 - ?70
                        KOF 2000 - ?70
                        Sam Spirits III - ?45
                        Sam Spirits IV - ?100
                        Top Hunter - ?57
                        Flying Power Disc - ?75
                        Last Resort - ?70ish (traded)
                        Sengoku 2 - ?87
                        Double Dragon - ?50
                        NeoGeo Cup '98 - ?60
                        MOTW - ?250

Plus ?1000 for a set of Metal Slugs (MS1 being a conversion)

JPN Conversions:
                        BTG - ?100
                        Ninja Masters - ?112
                        Shock Troopers - ?100
                        Kizuna - ?85
                        Breakers Revenge - ?87

Pretty happy with most of those prices. Only a few were sold at a significant loss and I actually made a tidy profit on some of them. About 80% of them went to International buyers.
                        Last edited by Kubrick; 31-05-2006, 16:54.

Comment

I remember an import shop in London selling Neo boxed cartridge games for ?20-30 back in 98. They were selling them off!

I think it's good if prices drop, because for me it would mean I start buying Neo games!

Comment

It's crashing big style.

The prices of the AES carts are ridiculous. There are the odd carts that get good prices.

I just re-checked my Shocktroopers 2nd Squad went for ?175 I still miss that game

I think the games being released on the PS2 and other consoles are to blame.

Art of Fighting 1-3 (complilation is being released)
                            Last Blade (1&2) is out
                            Metal Slug 1-5 compilation is coming.
                            Kof games are there. I am sure I read packs will be coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by qupe
                              Kof games are there. I am sure I read packs will be coming soon
                              yeah Orochi is now available and Nests is released shortly

even got a Fatal fury collection coming out

Comment

Working...
                              X