Home conversions better than arcade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home conversions better than arcade.

I know this may come down to opinion, but i thought of this whilst retro gaming today. I loved trojan on the arcade (never completed it though) and when the nes game came out i bought it right away, i always thought the trojan on the nes was better than the arcade version, slightly different, but the graphics of the last stage will stay for me forever (been well over 10 years since i've played it, time to dust off i think)

Managed to beat it on one man too with a mamouth score.

Do you have any games you loved on the arcade but found a home conversion better? Post away

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...S/Trojan/1.png

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...creenShot4.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...eos/trojan.png

Nearly forgot to mention that the music was pretty impressive too. Good memories. (i'm pretty sure going by graphic build this is capcom)
    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 22-06-2006, 22:42.

Mega Drive Golden Axe had more levels, although it obviosuly didn't look as good.

Strider on the Mega Drive had loads of extra tunes

Ummm, there's bound to be loads more...

Comment

Chelnov MD (much improved gfx), Contra Famicom (imo), Pang Amiga (mainly for its tunes, in fact), Layer Section Saturn (no slowdowns at all), RSG (extra cutscenes and bosses), to some extent Area 88 SFC (for its non-linear, strategy-based system of levels), Shadow Dancer MD (has the outstanding levels, especially 2-1 and 3-2), Hellfire & Zero Wing MD (but the arcade versions had issues)... can't think of any other at the moment.

Comment

Soul Calibur. Not the extras you expect with console versions, but just graphically, DC > Arcade.

Comment

Crazy taxi - home version was brilliant, plus you had the crazy pyramid challenges!

Comment

lethal enforcers on the mega drive, absolutely loved the arcade version of this when it came out but once i got it on the mega drive i was hooked, the gfx didnt seem as good but the gameplay was top notch and it was the first gun game i played

Fond memories

Oh and it saved my folks a fortune in 10p's

Comment

time crisis for the psone added a whole extra game to it

Comment

Double Dragon II on the NES has the 2nd best videogame soundtrack of all time.

Comment

Area 88 (SFC)
                  Bionic Commando (NES)
                  Spy Hunter (C64)
                  Buggy Boy (C64)
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

chase hq on the speccy was a good un

Comment

the home conversions of most sega arcade games on the Dreamcast thanks to the extra modes available. Didn't the home conversions of street fighter zero 3 have extra characters not available in the arcade? so should i mention the saturn version?

Comment

Some off the top of my Head

Get Bass- Tons of extra's

Last Bronx Saturn

Final Fight (Mega CD) I loved the voiced intro and the new soundtrack is one of the best.

Sega Rally Saturn - Just the replay mode and new music , along with the best handling made all the diff

VF II - The new modes

18 wheeler - Loved the new parking modes

F355 - More tracks to that of the Arcade original

Virtual Tennis - Tons of extra in single player mode

Ghost N Ghouls Mega Drive I love the new music

Winter Heat/Decathlete - New events

In fact most ST-V or Dreamcast ports

Comment

Space Invaders on the Atari VCS, had lots of extra modes not present in the arcade game.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                            Final Fight (Mega CD) I loved the voiced intro and the new soundtrack is one of the best.
                            Personally, I felt that the voice-overs and the "soft-rawk" renditions of the soundtrack were god-awful. Aside from that, Final Fight Mega CD was a quality conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                              Sega Rally Saturn - Just the replay mode and new music , along with the best handling made all the diff
                              Indeed, was gonna mention this. When you play the supposedly 'closer' PS2 port you realise how much time was spent making the Saturn game play so perfect. I'd play the Saturn game over the PS2 one any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X