Retro Classics on the GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Classics on the GBA

I figured I'd make this thread as there are a lot of updated or sequels to classic MD and SNES games on the GBA at the moment and some in the pipeline.

I'm out of the loop most of the time so I'd hate to miss out on a conversion that I'd like to play. So far the best I've played have been Metal Slug and Contra but apparently there's a sequel to Gunstar Heroes out as well, and Final Fantasy 6 is planned for this year.

Any other updates or conversions to awesome games coming to this machine?

Theres also anthor metal slug due (a conversion of ms1), capcom classics mini,or somthing like that is also due,containing mighty final fight,bionic commando a strider(yah!) there are too many retro convertions for me to list here almost all of them great

Comment

I enjoyed Ghouls and ghosts on the GBA

Comment

Thats great, it also has a 'remixed' mode which throws in levels from ghosts and goblins, very nice conversion imo.

Comment

Another Metal Slug due? Awesome.

Comment

Here's a few I've enjoyed recently...

Rock N Roll Racing
            Final Fight
            Gradius
            River City Ransom

Comment

I just bought Metal Slug Advance from my local Chips for ?9 new.
              I was going to skip it and wait for the PSP compilation but I couldn't resist.

I enjoyed the NGPC version, and this looks way better than that.

Comment

I think it's also crying out for a Lemmings conversion. Lemmings 2 even, that still hasn't seen the light of day for years.

Streets of Rage anyone? Granted it's Sega but we're seeing examples of Sega bringing out classics on these platforms... TJ and Earl/Sonic games/gunstar etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rankles
                  Streets of Rage anyone? Granted it's Sega but we're seeing examples of Sega bringing out classics on these platforms... TJ and Earl/Sonic games/gunstar etc.

Hold the phone - Toe Jam and Earl!!!!! Is there a planned release of the original?????

I want it, I want it, I want it.

Comment

I'd bet a pound Rankles is referring to the Xbox's 'Toejam and Earl III', which is fantastic fun, and just as superficial as you'd hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
                      I'd bet a pound Rankles is referring to the Xbox's 'Toejam and Earl III', which is fantastic fun, and just as superficial as you'd hope.
                      Yeah I should've explained that better, hate to get peoples hopes up like that lol...

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, I just found this on eBay and wondered if anyone knew anything about it: Contra Force GBA

Contra Force was originally a NES game released only in the USA. Internet searches for info on a GBA version come up with zilch. I can't even find any copies for sale with retailers or other auction sites like ebay.com. I'm half inclined to think this is just a pirate version of Contra Advance, or possibly a pirate cart with an emulated version of the NES original. It has the same sticker art as the original NES cart and it's also a bit skew-iff on the cart, so it looks pretty YARRR either way.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                          Any ideas?
                          It's pirate.

Comment

Anyone had any difficulties getting hold of the European version of Final Fantasy V Advance? It seems that supplies in uk shops are very low, which is a shame for such a fantastic conversion of a great game.

Comment

I got Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the GBA. It was one of my favourite MD games and I loved playing it again. Go. Buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X