Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Corpse - Ever released and any good????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Corpse - Ever released and any good????

In an old Saturn magazine back in the day, I remember seeing a couple of preview shots of a Resident Evil-style game called "Wet Corpse". I don't know if it ever came out but I always remembered the name as it's just one one hell of a cool title for a game.

Did this game ever come out and, if so, was it any good?

Unreleased I think.

Comment

A pity - I always wondered what the gameplay would've turned out like on this.

Comment

Any chance of a scan of the pictures? Never heard of that one.

Yakumo

Comment

Are you perhaps talking about Deep Fear?

It did come out if so (possibly the last Saturn PAL release, certainly first party anyway). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: it wasn't meant to be very good, according to most people anyway. There used to be dozens of cheap Japanese copies lying around in CEX Rathbone Place some time back.
          Last edited by Ratso; 28-07-2006, 14:21.

Comment

I think WC was touted for the N64 too but unreleased for that too.

(I'm still not totally sure of the name either..W.E.T. or Wet??)

Comment

A quick Google search seems to show many pages listing WET Corpse as unreleased, so I'd imagine it's a different game to Deep Fear.

Deep Fear is a decent stab at the Survival Horror genre, bearing in mind it was mostly devved before RE2 came out.

Comment

Its not Deep fear. I've got WC in a mag somewhere, when I find it I'll post here.

Comment

I think Wet Corpse was an Asmik or Atlus* game, whereas Deep Fear was Sega (and I'm sure the screenshots I saw were in a relatively early Saturn mag, whereas Deep Fear came out a lot later.) If I remember rightly, one of the screens showed what looked like a white, marbly-looking mansion (?) interior, somewhat similar in style to Resi 1 but brighter.

EDIT: *Or possibly Naxat...I could be wrong on all three, mind
                  Last edited by JazzFunk; 28-07-2006, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
                    I think Wet Corpse was an Asmik or Atlus* game, whereas Deep Fear was Sega (and I'm sure the screenshots I saw were in a relatively early Saturn mag, whereas Deep Fear came out a lot later.) If I remember rightly, one of the screens showed what looked like a white, marbly-looking mansion (?) interior, somewhat similar in style to Resi 1 but brighter.

EDIT: *Or possibly Naxat...I could be wrong on all three, mind
                    marbly-looking mansion that sounds more like HOTD? Do you remember what issue of SSM it was in?

Comment

I can't remember what issue it was, and I chucked out all my game magazines back in 2001 (and it's times like these when I wish I hadn't!) It definitely wasn't House Of The Dead - that came out quite late on Saturn, and was handled by some Aussie(?) coders - Tantalus, I think they were called. This was definitely Japanese in origin, and not a lightgun shooter. If I could date the issue, it's probably one from 1996, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

You guys aren't talking about that Bandai game set in a space station that got canned are you? I have a video of that and even featured it on Retro Core. It's called Millennium Fire. That game used the light gun to shoot as well as walk ! Very interesting idea taht got quite far in to production before being canned.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                          You guys aren't talking about that Bandai game set in a space station that got canned are you? I have a video of that and even featured it on Retro Core. It's called Millennium Fire. That game used the light gun to shoot as well as walk ! Very interesting idea taht got quite far in to production before being canned.

Yakumo
                          That's odd I was just thinking about Millennium Fire!!

Always wondered what it would have been like.

Comment

Working...
                          X