GC pso BB setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC pso BB setup

hi all, just got BBA (thx Tokuda) but can,t seem to log on to the network. i have left all network options on defaults.i have a speedtouch 510 router and my isp is Freeserve.no probs connecting to Xbox live,so i think it might be the game settings.can anyone help? thx much.

which version of PSO is it?

I've hooked up the JPN version with bba just fine, using a Speedtouch 510.

Comment

oops knew i would forget something.usa version on switched moddded cube.maybe u could let me know what your settings r? or r they defaults? thx

Comment

I didn't have to do anything special, I just used the defaults (let dhcp handle everything). That is:

UDP Option: Auto
        Provider Option: User Provider

and then under User Provider all settings as default.

I didn't need any special config needed for the SpeedTouch either.

Have you tried connecting to the Homepages and reading the news section? That should tell you whether the network settings are ok or not.

Comment

ok my settings match yours (Papercut) BUT as u have speedtouch u might know what the hell this means. on the LED indicators on ethernet port that GC is plugged into LED A turns from green to off as soon as i try to connect to the network,or website for that matter.having read the documentation if i understand it correctly this means there is no connection from GC BBA to speedtouch.plz correct if i am wrong.does this mean BBA could be faulty.btw i swapped cable with the one i use for xbox just to rule that out

Comment

There are a couple of different versions of the 510.

It sounds like you have the newer v4 510 with dark blue curvy case:
            Reviews of broadband modems and routers to help you choose the best hardware for you.

I have the earlier dark grey wedge shaped one:

Reviews of broadband modems and routers to help you choose the best hardware for you.

The v4 has newer software, supports uPNP in Windows XP, and has a 10/100 MBit hub instead of just a 10Mbit one.

I have different ethernet port leds on mine to the v4, just one led that indicates a link or not.

For the v4 510 Led A (the left one) is on for 100Mbit and off for 10Mbit. Led B indicates activity. So what you should do when trying to connect is see if Led B blinks at all (it should).

Led A being off might just mean that the connection is 10 Mbit.

Also check the LAN Led on top of the 510 (one of four in a row). If the LAN Led is off, that means there is no ethernet link and something is definately wrong.

If Led A and the LAN Led are lit before you try to connect to a game, look at the SpeedTouch web interface and see if DHCP has assigned the GameCube an IP address. If it has try and ping it from a PC connected to the 510 (assuming you have the 4 port version). If you can ping the GameCube, then the bba is probably working fine.

I have a hunch the problem could be ethernet speed negotiation. The 510 and bba between them should decide to use 100 Mbit. For some hardware combinations this doesn't work properly.

See if you can force the ethernet port on the 510 to 10 Mbit only. I'm not sure if this is possible though. You might also get the option to set the bba speed to 10 Mbit only in PSO. 10 or 100 Mbit isn't going to make any real difference to the game.

Another possibilty is that DHCP is failing, so the GameCube decides to disable the bba, which would cause the link to go down. Try setting the TCP/IP configuration manually to see if it makes a difference.

A more remote possibility is that strict firewall settings on the 510 mean PSO can't connect to the game servers, so the bba is disabled. Even less likely, your ISP might be blocking some of the tcp ports the game needs to connect on.

Its going to take some trial and error to figure it out, I'm afraid...

Comment

sussed it.was speedtouch settings.thx Papercut, would have been stuffed without your help.if u ever fancy a game......thx again

Comment

glad you got it working, was beginning to sound as if you were really stuck

out of interest, what was the setting you needed to change?

Comment

Working...
                X