Jamma Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamma Excitement

Hi just grabbed a supergun of ebay to play jamma pcbs.The edge connector is solid on the side of the board.Is there anyway of making an extension to this as i want to put into a cabinet.?
    If so any chance can some nice person show me!!!!111
    cheers peeps
    mayor squimby

unlikely, you could make a harness yourself but in my experience the power has to be boosted to compensate. whats wrong with it being attached to the gun? mines like that. many are.

Comment

Originally posted by squimby
      Hi just grabbed a supergun of ebay to play jamma pcbs.The edge connector is solid on the side of the board.Is there anyway of making an extension to this as i want to put into a cabinet.?
      If so any chance can some nice person show me!!!!111
      cheers peeps
      mayor squimby
      We're going to need some more details. If it's one of the Vogatek (sp?) units then I have one of those sitting at home.

Also what sort of cab do you have and what bits are missing from it? It should in theory be possible to wire the supergun up as a harness, but my question to you would be why bother? All you need is a jamma connector and plenty of wire to make your own loom.

Is your cab a home built one using a TV or an arcade monitor?

The Vogatek supergun I have uses a couple of ICs so that Megadrive pads can be used for control. These ICs are necessary because the MD pads use some multiplexing. A normal JAMMA setup will not use any multiplexing so it's far simpler and you don't need the ICs.

Comment

Working...
      X