Random Thunderforce V music question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Thunderforce V music question.

So someone posted the endgame level to Segagaga on here a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yz_Oi_6w0Q for anyone that didn't see it already.

Comments say that music was from Thunderforce V.

Where abouts in Thunderforce V?! I've not heard it before. As far as i'm aware the final boss music was The Justice Ray Pt. 2.

Pt. 3 was...?

That music isn't from Thunder Force as far as I know. It's certainly in the same style of Thunder Force and probably by the same composers. I've just checked the Thinder Force 6 (the cancelled Dreamcast game) sound track and it's ot on that either.

Yakumo

Comment

Hmm. Ok, thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        That music isn't from Thunder Force as far as I know. It's certainly in the same style of Thunder Force and probably by the same composers. I've just checked the Thinder Force 6 (the cancelled Dreamcast game) sound track and it's ot on that either.

Yakumo
        There was a thunderforce game planned for the DC??? Why oh why was it canned?

Comment

You can tell you don't watch my Retro Core show I featured the original CG opening for it. What happened was that Technosoft were planning a new Thunder Force for the Dreamcast before they were bought out by a F*cking Pachinko company. (as you can tell I hate Pachinko companies) They got as far as completing the soundtrack, opening CG intro and some level and ship designs.

Yakumo

Comment

Wasn't there some rumours that suggested they might appear again and make a Thunderforce VI? They really ought to, its on of the greatest horizontal scroller series.

Comment

I would buy whatever console a TFVI appeared on. simple as.

imagine it on the DS or PSP? lush.

Comment

I wouldn't want it on the DS or PSP or any other portable system What's the point having a shooter on a tinny farting screen? Big screen gaming is what we need. To me a portable is something to play on the side. I'd be seriously pissed if one of my favourite games was only released on a hand held.

yakumo

PS: Yeah, I know, I'm just ranting along.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                  I wouldn't want it on the DS or PSP or any other portable system What's the point having a shooter on a tinny farting screen? Big screen gaming is what we need. To me a portable is something to play on the side. I'd be seriously pissed if one of my favourite games was only released on a hand held.

yakumo

PS: Yeah, I know, I'm just ranting along.
                  your opinion is allowed, it's a democratic society!

I'm heavily into portable gaming, always have been, and in many respects prefer it. Being old (relatively!) and having a wife and kid I don't have my 'game space' anymore and play more and more wherever I can... hence PSP and DS.

that's my opinion... and F*CK YOU IF YOU DISAGREE!</rant> (only jokin!)

Comment

"I'd be seriously pissed if one of my favourite games was only released on a hand held.

yakumo"

Someone who understands my 2D Metroid woes.

Comment

I agree it should be on a non handheld console, maybe the PS2 or another 'very last DC release ever' would be cool. I can't see it ever appearing for the 360 or PS3 and i wouldn't fancy it with Wii remote control or anything. Still a Thunderforce collection on PSP would be nice.

Comment

Actually, It might be from Thunderforce V. I should start by saying i've not actually completed it (i do own it for saturn, just lazy ), so i can't say if it's definately 'the justice ray part 2', that plays at the end, but I've got a TFV OST with a track on it called 'The Justice Ray Part 2', which bares a pretty close resemblance to the track at the end of sega gaga in that clip.

The Sega Gaga version sounds like a rearrangement, of the TFV Track, in a different key with a bit of elaboration around the same basic motif. I'll mp3 up a short clip if you need to hear it .

It did take me quite a few listens to establish it was the same, i thought i was going crazy, as it does sound quite different, but i think thats mainly the key.
                        Last edited by Rebelli0n; 16-08-2006, 12:45.

Comment

i love that music. is there an ost out for segagaga, ive got to pick up this game sometime.

Comment

It's definately not Justice Ray Pt. 2.

Comment

listening to these has driven me crazy, I'm hearing as many differences as similarities, but the Segagaga track does seem to be closely related to the TFV track.

the only way to settle this is to listen to both side by side a few times.

I've put a short clip of both online, both starting from about the same point(about 20secs of the main chorus, from both the youtube vid, and my TFV OST)

SegaGaga

Thunderforce V OST track (labelled as justice ray 2)

and for clarification it's this OST i have:
                              http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundt...talog=TCS-0010

(and the above is a sample from track 18 )

Right, now, there are clearly some differences, but the main chorus is basically very similar. It's played with a fuller sounding lead synth at a lower key in the segagaga version. The TFV track is generally higher.

Also, where the TFV version goes straight into the first note of the chorus, the SegaGaga version has a few lead up notes, 'buh ba ba' then it goes into it.

fundementally, it's in a different key, the initial note is so different sounding it immediately makes you think they're not the same track, but in terms of note order, they're very closely related. there are some notes that do differ too, but if you listen to both of those a few times, they do seem to be built around the same basic structure. I don't think you can deny that. however As they both get further in, they do seem to go their own seperate ways.

so i'd say that the segagaga is a loose sort of tribute to the TFV track, which considering the rest of that footage has a distinct TFV feel, isn't too great an assumption.

if you want to think of it as a totally new track that just sounds a bit like the justice ray,, or that i'm totally insane and theres no similarities at all, don't let me stop you
                              Last edited by Rebelli0n; 16-08-2006, 16:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X