Grandia 2 or Skies Of Arcadia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandia 2 or Skies Of Arcadia

Ok so ive just got into getting DC games, anyway i just got both these games and am enjoying both immensely. Id just like all of your opinions on them really what you like and dislike about each and which you prefer, or if you dont like either and think there are better DC RPG's.

Ive not made my mind up yet, i like the characters more in SoA but the Grandia battle system is much more fun really.

i really dont like grandia 2, fun battle system sure. but the story and characters are terrible imo, give me the original grandia anyday. skies of arcadia is by far the better game, fantastic characters, unique setting and charming story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986
      i like the characters more in SoA but the Grandia battle system is much more fun really.
      Agree totally. The battle system of SoA, coupled with the frequency of random battles, bored me to tears. A real shame as I loved the sense of exploration and adventure that it portayed so magnificently.

Grandia 2 is far the better game in my eyes.

Comment

Will Grandia 3 stay PS2 only? I sold my PS2 a year ago

Comment

Did Grandia 2 even have a story? The entire game felt like a grind to me.

SoA ftw. Especially for the locations and ending. Too bad they had to copy so many story elements from both Ocarina of time and FFVII.

Comment

I'd say Grandia 2, because you can always try to get the improved GC version of SoA. Grandia 2 has better characters (Millenia) and battle system, but it's totally linear without any sidequest and if you played the first Grandia, the whole exp system will seem a bit too semplified; unfortunately the story isn't that great and the whole game is basically a dungeon with cities for resting. SoA has ship battles, a whole world with ruins to discover, a good amount of sidequests and feels more "complete", though the DC version has too many battles which make dungeon exploration a pain, and it's technically inferior to Grandia 2.

Will Grandia 3 stay PS2 only? I sold my PS2 a year ago
            Grandia 3 doesn't live up to the second game...in fact, it turns out to be slightly better than eXtreme after the first half of the first disk.

Comment

Towards the end SOA just felt a bit of chore to me, not matter how good the game was (ace ending though) and the endless random battles did my nut in after a while. Both games are great and I so loved the sytle of SOA and the sence of scale but I liked Grandia more myself (the battle system is just so good)

Comment

Skies all the way. This game is still unique in RPGs as far as Im concerned. Its style is so breezy and the whole airship style thing hasn't been bettered. Yeah random battles, pain, etc, but the style of this title is second to none. Not one RPG since has had this level of atmosphere.

Comment

I'd have to say G2 as that's the one I bothered to complete. The battle system in SoA bored me and after 10 or so hours I gave up.

Saying that, the story in G2 really really irritated me at a certain point, it was mainly the awesome fighting that kept me going!

Comment

i really like Grandia 2 and i would say its probably one of faves of all time. I did pay a lot of money for it but it was worth it and ive since completed it like 4 more times. The battle system like so many have mentioned is so good that its still yet to be bettered IMHO.

I have to admit thats SOA was refreashing to play, but dare i say it, i never got to the second disc (i think) it jus bored me to tears with the random battle system. Also im a sucker for audio text, im a lazy bugger andid prefer it to speak to me as well as in txt form.

If i was you id play grandia 2 and if yah feel up to it SOA. Saying this though i might jus dust off me copy on the GC and play it through to completion jus to see this so called good ending. I played the DC version initially, and have yet to play my GC one lol.

Comment

Echoing what most people have already said, Grandia 2 has the better battle system but Skies has the better plot. Skies has pretty much every RPG cliche going, but it hangs together so well and the cast are so likeable it's hard not to love it.

Plus Sky Pirates > everything.

Comment

Deffo Skie of Arcadia, ive got one on ebay right now for cheaps ahem, coincidence lol.

Comment

Ive not made my mind up yet, i like the characters more in SoA but the Grandia battle system is much more fun really.
                          You've hit the nail on the head. Get them both in its daft to choose to between the two. Its like Chalk & Cheese.

If I was under hypnosis though I'd probably pick Skies of Arcadia for its sheer size.

Comment

Another vote for teh Skies. It's also one of the only games to make use of the VMU.

Comment

Grandia 2 initially seems to have a lot going for it but, after a while, it begins to feel about as fun as filing in an office.

Can't comment on Skies yet as I haven't got round to playing it properly - I've still got to start and finish Vandal Hearts before it goes on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X