Scotland National Team Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland National Team Thread

What a fantastic start to the Euro Qualifiers for Scotland, 6 points out of 6. Real impressive, didnt get to watch the game properly as I was working but they had it on all the screens around the floor so seen it all unfold.

Now sitting top of the group on goal difference with France with Italy, the next biggest competitor sitting second bottom with 1 point.

Hopefully the team wont lose their heads and keep up the great performance and see us through to qualify for the championship. Still a long way to go yet.

Next up, FRANCE!!

Originally posted by Rossco
    Next up, FRANCE!!
    Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
      What a fantastic start to the Euro Qualifiers for Scotland, 9 points out of 9. Real impressive, didnt get to watch the game properly as I was working but they had it on all the screens around the floor so seen it all unfold.
      corrected

Comment

Fair play to Scotland, I just hope they can grind out results against lesser opponents. I was in Scotland during the '98 world cup and had a quality time, got the **** ripped out of me, but thats football.

Comment

Oh my god, I cant believe we won. That was stunning. First half we were under so much attack and had alot of luck too to go in at half time 0-0. The come out for the second half, taking more possession, passing the ball about fluidly, some great defending also. It was a stunning performance!

Just over the moon!!! It's a dream so far, now lets keep it up lads!!

Comment

I was going ****ing nutz yesterday!

How good was that game! the last 20 minutes where real heart in the mouth stuff

Cant believe how much Walter Smith has turned the team around, last time we faced the french it was what a 5-0 kicking?

Comment

That was the most nervous I've been watching a football game in years! Those last 20 odd minutes after we scored seemed like 200. Great result and it was good to see so many Scotland strips when out and about today, I remember when I was a kid the Scottish team had a huge following and the results were every bit as important as your club sides. Smith has given us something to cheer about and look forward to the internationals again.

Comment

LOL

Comment

I didn't watch it as I thought scotland would get hammered 5-0 again!

Comment

A justified result for Ukraine but Shevchenko was a disgrace. The ref bought it everytime he collapsed theatrically.

Pity our best chance fell to that dud Miller.

Comment

Uch disappointing. Was working so couldnt watch the game properly but every time I looked up at the TV, Ukraine were attacking. Was it a pretty one sided affair?

Still joint top of the group so cant complain, still got every chance of qualifying if we keep our heads up.

Comment

It could have easily been 2-2 if millers cross/shot went in and he had not missed the header/sitter.

Suppose we had to lose sometime, I just hope all our good work does not start to unravel.

Im still unsure about the penalty tho

Comment

It was 0-0 going on 6-0 at half time. not so much in terms of lucky escapes, although we did have a few, more because of possession and terrible finishing by Ukraine. We took much more of a pasting than we did against France.

For some reason we just played so deep that we couldn't stop Ukraine coming forward and creating chances. Meanwhile we couldn't even keep possession or create anything. It could all have been different had Miller's header gone in, but hey, we're still top of the group and I'm sure none of us would have expected that when the draw was made.

The ref was pretty poor, but on the balance the Ukraine easily deserved to win. If their strikers hadn't been mis-firing, we've have taken a proper beating.

Comment

Thought I'd resurrect an old thread since we're back in World Cup Qualifier mode!

Didn't manage to watch the game the other night but was following it in work and jumping about like crazy when we scored. What a legend for Broadfoot to score on his debut. Hopefully more of the same in future.

Was a real gutter to lose to Macedonia last week but got some pride back with Wednesday night's win. Hopefully Holland will demolish every other team and we can get in through being anything but the worst scoring 2nd place finish team. Thats how it works doesn't it this time?

Comment

I hope their run continues as long as possible, just to keep the Rangers/Celtic ****e out of the paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X