Help me choose my next game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me choose my next game

Right guys I'm in somewhat of a pickle & need some help choosing my next game to buy

I've narrowed it down to the following choices (still a long list I know but thats been whittled down a fair bit I can tell you)...

Saturn
    Cotton 2
    Cotton Boomerang
    Silouhette Mirage
    Sengoku Blade
    Samurai Showdown: Best Collection

Dreamcast
    Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    Final Blade
    Under Defeat

So if you had the money in your pocket what would you get???

Persoanlly I'm leaning towards Cotton 2 but just wanted some input before I go part with the money

Neil

Under Defeat. Ace-tastic it is. Great, proper shooter music, lots of explosions and a decent challenge (I can't get past stage three on one credit; I also suck at vertical shooters - teh excuse). Arcade stick all the way, TATE monitor and lots of noise = WW3 in your living room. Yes.

Or, Silhouette Mirage if you fancy a quirky platformer.

Comment

Cotton boomerang i quite like it is quite hard (oh and its a updated version of cotton 2)

Comment

Like eastyy said, Cotton Boomerang is updated version of Cotton 2, I don't think there's much point in getting both if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I say go for Garou if you have friends that play fighting games too. I got the DC version when it was released and it's still getting played on a weekly basis.

Comment

I'm with the commander, definetely Under Defeat. Blowing stuff up has never been better on the DC.

Comment

Garou, just fantastic

Comment

Garou if you like frantic fighting, but I'd recommend Final?? Blade (Last Blade 2, right?) if you really want to perfect your fighting skills. If you can play Last Blade 2, then you can virtually play any other figher with your eyes closed.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

I didnt realise Boomerang was just an update of Cotton 2 so will strike that from the list & stick with just looking for a copy of Cotton 2 then.

As to which game I get I think I may actually look at getting Garou & Last Blade 2 (I knew as soon as I posted that I'd got the bloody name wrong ) seeing as both can be had for around ?20 each & Under defeat will cost me about ?40 so 2 games for the price of one always sounds like a better deal to me lol

Now I just need to save up for a DC arcade stick as well so I can play them properly...my thumbs take such a battering with that silly raised D-Pad on the DC controller

Thanks again, will let you know what I think when they arrive.

Neil

Comment

Wasn't there a Garou pack that came with a stick? or it might have been a PS2 port.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
                    I didnt realise Boomerang was just an update of Cotton 2 so will strike that from the list & stick with just looking for a copy of Cotton 2 then.
                    I'm confused. Why would you want to buy Cotton 2 over Cotton Boomerang? Boomerang is the update of 2 meaning it is better. Cotton 2 to be honest is quite dull. Get Boomerang. They've added a lot to it. Better music and effect for a start plus characters to choose from.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      I'm confused. Why would you want to buy Cotton 2 over Cotton Boomerang? Boomerang is the update of 2 meaning it is better. Cotton 2 to be honest is quite dull. Get Boomerang. They've added a lot to it. Better music and effect for a start plus characters to choose from.

Yakumo
                      So am I

Dont ask what went on there but yes I meant I should be looking for Boomerang & not 2, dont think I quite grasped the prospect of "updated" when I wrote that

Neil

Comment

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, really great conversion.

I'd avoid the Samurai Spirits boxset unless for collection purposes. Conversions are pretty poor. Better than the PSone but quite a big difference from Neo originals.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Erm slight change of plans

Just secured myself a copy of Cotton Boomerang instead

Thanks for the help guys...at least I now know what my next games to buy will be already lol

Neil

Comment

Under Defeat should be your next-next game :-) Brilliant. Probably my favourite shooter on the DC for the reasons mentioned. The graphics are incredible via VGA in tate. I just love the realistic wartime basis for the sprites + palette. I've been able to complete it on 4/5 credits - the final dude using a whole credit alone :-S

Comment

Working...
                            X