Wonder Boy Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Boy Love

Share the love people. I often overlook them, by the Wonder Boy games featured heavily in my formative years.

I think I had the most fun playing The Dragon's Trap on Master System, but now I like Monster World (Megadrive) more.

The naming has always been hugely confusing for me, when comparing Japanese and western releases.

Also, what the heck! I'd never heard of Dynastic Hero on PC Engine, but sure enough there it is: a few sprites different but it's Monster World! I always knew about Adventure Island but how did that one slip under the radar....

Dynastic Hero

Monster World

Sega are doing a Sega Ages 2500: Monster World Collection, in case you didn't know

Comment

Dynastic Hero is great, the music is beautiful!

Comment

The blood line of the Wonderboy games is a very confusing one!
        The Adventure Island games are part of the series too (i think).

Comment

The design/style of the Wonder Boy games is awesome - will probably never look dated (IMO).
          Monster World IV is gorgeous.
          Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 26-09-2006, 10:41.

Comment

Im sure there was a mobile phone version released a couple of years back that was on my old phone and it was absolutely superb, had buyable weapons and all sorts of monsters and thingies

Comment

I used to love the 3 wonderboy games on the master system, all 3 were really different and top notch. Classic stuff!

Comment

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ight=wonderboy

Comment

Spazzer hat well and truly put on, navigating way to the corner of the room as we speak.

Comment

LOL!

No worries mate, I actually couldn't remember if there had been a Wonderboy thread before!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                      The blood line of the Wonderboy games is a very confusing one!
                      The Adventure Island games are part of the series too (i think).
                      I'm not sure that they are...

Adventure Island debuted before Wonderboy, I believe...?

(Any confirmation on this would be much appreciated )

EDIT: Nope - I got that one totally wrong.

You were right Mad Gear. The original Adventure Island was created by Westone & Hudsonsoft for Nintendo.

Westone are of course the creators of Wonderboy.

Complete history can be found here.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-09-2006, 14:23. Reason: Correcting my facts!!

Comment

WE5T0NE being one of my fondest remembered cheat codes from Master System days. Along with dokipen for Action Fighter.

Comment

A very informative site, assuming they have their facts right.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.c.../wonderboy.htm

Comment

I think Wonderboy along with Daytona and OutRun is my most played game of all time . I doubt it ever age or that they isn't a year that will go buy that I won't boot the Master System version up once.

Love it the game that made me want a MS inthe 1st place and I never looked back.

Comment

Working...
                            X