How very funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How very funny!

I've just fired up my sp for the first time in a long long time, i remember when i first bought it (jpn release) and turned it on, the white was so bright it hurt my eyes and it didn't have a dimmer, just as you know simple on and off. Well i just turned it on now and it seems as dull as dishwater, i guess i've been spoilt by the micro and ds lite, did i ever think this was so very bright, i found it funny, its so dull!

I thought the same thing going back to the original DS, a day after buying a Lite!

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed a similar effect when they spend a long time playing only retro or current gen titles and then buy something for the other?

I remember when I got Majora's Mask last year I thought it looked really fuzzy and washed out. I played it solid until I finished it and then when I bought something or other on a current system I realised how sharp and well-lit modern games are, all over again

Comment

Had the same "problem" when I bought the GBA Micro and played a large number of games I already paleyd on the SP and then went back to the normal DS.
        Also d-pads and the inertia in some games...probably because it's very old and (ab)used, my NES' d-pad is way more stiff than, for example the SNES of the PCE. Or think about the first Mario and the inertia the main srpite has, in both jumps, coming to a full stop or just decellerating: very different from all other Mario games, NSMB aside.

Comment

I remember switching on the n64 and playing zelda/donkey kong/banjo kazooie/conkers bad fur day

And i remember saying to myself "i could have sworn these games looked better"

Comment

I mostly play older titles (16- and 8-bit), while simultaneously stockpiling my shelves with current-gen stuff. When I do decide to play a current-gen game, it's nearly always a case of instant "future shock" as I marvel at the graphics. Which proves that living in the past can be a good thing, as it makes the present very futuristic.

Having said that, I find that most N64/PS1/Saturn games (and I'm talking about the ones with polygonal graphics here) look as dreadful now as they did when they were new.

Comment

Hehe... Nice thread!

I've been after CrudeBuster ever since I played it in the arcades. Downloaded it numerous times for MAME but decided it was some kind of a bootleg (or something...?) because it just didn't looked right. Now I've got it for the MD and have to plain just realise that it was better back then But it does have a killer music score though!

Comment

Working...
              X