• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer Issue 30

This came back today so subs should get it tomorrow

Retroinspection - Commodore 64
    Retro Gamer pays homage to one of the greatest 8-bit computers ever made

The Making of Exile
    Peter Irvin straps himself into a space suit, loads up a BBC Micro and prepares for a nostalgic journey back to planet Phoebus

Why you must play - SNK VS Capcom: Cardfighters Clash
    Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic the Gathering and Pok?mon may be well known to the masses, but there's another classic card game out there

Company Profile
    Tec Toy
    From humble roots, Tec Toy formed a firm bond with Sega and grew into Brazil's biggest videogame success story. Retro Gamer reveals all?

The Definitive Lode Runner
    Once again on Terra Firma, Stuart Campbell grabs himself a swag bnag and prepares to sort out the tangled history of Lode Runner

The Making of It Came From the Desert
    After tracking him down to a small town called Lizard Breath, Spanner convinces David Riordan to spill the beans about those pesky giant ants

Classic Game
    3D Monster Maze
    Malcolm Evan's ZX81 hit proves that you don't need amazing graphics to create a fantastic game - you just need a big Tyrannosarus Rex.

Classic Game
    The Revenge of Shinobi
    After an impressive arcade debut, Sega's famous ninja master returned in a blistering sequel that featured everything from ninjas to Bat Man

Desert Island Disks - Steve Ellis
    Meet the man who created GoldenEye's multiplayer, left one of the UK's most prominent developers and builds Spectrum emus in his spare time

And much more including
    Paradroid
    Sin & Punishment
    Robocop
    Solar Jetman
    Phoenix

What's on the cover Darran?

Comment

Looks a good one. I personally have no interest in Commodore 64 or ZX81 games, but that apart, plenty of stuff I do want to read - if I come across a copy in Tokyo I'll be picking one up.

Comment

Looks great, Spy vs Spy as well.. yum.

Comment

Ooooh, it came from the desert!

Comment

Got mine in the post this morning, thanks Daz.

Tec Toy bit was my favourite, and as much as it pains me to say it, I loved the C64 article (shhhhh). It was done extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
              Got mine in the post this morning, thanks Daz.

Tec Toy bit was my favourite, and as much as it pains me to say it, I loved the C64 article (shhhhh). It was done extremely well.
              Im looking forward to the Tec-toy bit also, did you write for this one Seany ? I really enjoyed the G+G peice your wrote last ish

Comment

The Making of It Came From the Desert
                After tracking him down to a small town called Lizard Breath, Spanner convinces David Riordan to spill the beans about those pesky giant ants
                I loved that game - you've just convinced me to buy this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                  Im looking forward to the Tec-toy bit also, did you write for this one Seany ? I really enjoyed the G+G peice your wrote last ish
                  No I've got Seany working on something very special to tie in with an exclusive new cover that been drawn by a very famous Japanese artist...

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                    No I've got Seany working on something very special to tie in with an exclusive new cover that been drawn by a very famous Japanese artist...
                    ooohhh you tease

Comment

Too much old computers, but I liked the Tec Toy article.

Comment

to be fair, this is one of the most computer heavy issues we've done. Console fans get plenty of stuff next month though

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                          Lol! I knew you couldn't keep quiet for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                            Lol! I knew you couldn't keep quiet for very long.
                            Pfft, it's not as though they know who it is

Comment

Had a squiz through it today, and thought the TecToy article was pretty good.
                              One minor nit-pick regarding the "This month in October '86" article though - while a 1986 UK launch of the Master System was announced, it didn't actually reach shelves until August '87 (same month as the UK NES launch) when Mastertronic took over distribution from Ariolasoft. The original Ariolasoft-distributred units were only sold in Germany & Italy.
                              Also, the 2 SG-1000 Lode Runner games were missed form the Loda Runner round-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X