Ico
    Shadow of the Collosus
    Prince of Persia Sands of Time
    Katamari Damacy
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Zelda the Wind Waker
    Burnout
    PN03

The more verbose you are when making your nomination, the greater chance you have of persuading us to have that game as the next Relay Appreciate.
    Last edited by charlesr; 05-10-2006, 11:47.

I've just picked up Fable for the xbox haveing missed it the first time round, it's backwards compatable too so plays on the 360 so i was thinking it may be an ideal candidate for a replay especialy for those of us who like me missed it the first time round.

my copy cost ?6 form cex instore which swung the purchase for me.

Comment

Powerdrome...it well deserves a second chance. I think it's about a fiver now.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 - It wasn't the NTSC-uk game of the year for 2005 for nothing, you know.

Comment

I'm going to say Burnout.

The last two games have been a massive commercial success, but the first game is still the peak in the series for many long time fans. It would be interesting for those fans to go back to the game now and for those who have only played the EA games to go back to where it all started.

Is it really the best game in the series, or is that misty eyed nostalgia.

Available on all major platforms and can be picked up for around 2p.

Comment

Outrun 2/ C2C for me! Still criminally ignored by the masses and is still readily available for peanuts

Comment

I reckon The Wind Waker because there's a few records need setting straight about that game. Should give us all a good opportunity to establish where Zelda is right now so we can better compare and/or understand Twilight Princess when it comes out.

I also managed to complete the game with an item missing. I think it might just be the Tingle Tuner but I'm intruigued to find out.

Oh, and THAT boss battle

Comment

Strangers Wrath

did get a little attention from mags but managed to sell precisley bugger all, and for a game thats near perfect, thats just not good enough.

lets give him a little love eh guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                  I reckon The Wind Waker because there's a few records need setting straight about that game. Should give us all a good opportunity to establish where Zelda is right now so we can better compare and/or understand Twilight Princess when it comes out.

I also managed to complete the game with an item missing. I think it might just be the Tingle Tuner but I'm intruigued to find out.

Oh, and THAT boss battle
                  Seconded - I never finished this so would like an excuse to delve back into it.

Comment

Dmc

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                      The thought of getting back on that boat makes me want to vomit with boredom.

The one on that list that really interests me is Prince of Persia - because I've never played it. I've heard nothing but good things about it and yet just never had the time to play it. Now I may well have that problem still but I'd be interested in giving it a go. My mom has that one so I could borrow it from her. Don't think she ever finished it...

Comment

what makes Prince of Persia such an appealing choice is that people don't have to invest so much time into seeing the game from start to finish - its a weekend wonder, rather than a slogfest. It's also available on every format, and could be picked up from most places (whether new or second hand) easily enough.

Strangers Wrath - brilliant game, well worthy of time in the Relay Appreciate spotlight. Its single format, but there will be console exclusives popping up from time to time so thats not really a major issue.

Wind Waker - a game I have never completed so would look forward to another run through (this time with the intention of completing it within the time period allowed). Might be worth doing next month with the run-up to the release of Twilight Princess.
                        Last edited by John Beaulieu; 05-10-2006, 14:13.

Comment

The tri-force searching malarkey might just bore people into submission...

Comment

I definitely agree that shorter games are a better idea. I don't think anyone wants to do a Final Fantasy, for example.
                            Mind you, I only have a DS right now, so... Electroplankton?

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
                              Resident Evil 4 - It wasn't the NTSC-uk game of the year for 2005 for nothing, you know.
                              This.

The game can be picked up for ?12 on play.com (PS2), that version also contains more stuff than the GC one. It's time for a revisit me thinks.

Ico might be good, if we can find stuff to say other than "Oohh it's pretty." etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X