BCNM40 - Steamed Sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCNM40 - Steamed Sprouts

With Vanicent now hitting lvl40, I did say I would organise a BCNM40 for him to take part in to use some of the seals he has and provide him with something different in the game to try, as well as making some money at the same time (hopefully).

Steamed Sprouts is probably the best ?beginner? BCNM40 battle to go for, so I?m looking at organising a run. In terms of valuable drops there is still potential to make some gil as Utsusemi: Ni is worth going for.

I?ve already spoken to Wedge (being the only LS BRD, which we need) who has agreed to take part and obviously I will be going as NIN. I am presuming Van will want to take part as RNG so we have 3 spots filled. My usual strategy for this is to have the BRD sleep the remaining mobs away from battle, along with his own personal healer to keep him cured (ideally a RDM so they can Convert when MP gets low), with 3 more people battling the chosen mob with their own healer (this is best suited to WHM).

Based on that I say the following spots are open:
    2 healers (ideally a RDM & WHM but 2 of either would be acceptable)
    1 DD (any job, no prejudice here )

Obviously, time of run is dependent on who takes part so this information can be agreed when/if we get a full group sorted. Just putting the feelers out really?

I'll be up for this Rare, just need 2 more seals. I've done the healing thing for Wedge several times on Steamed Sprouts ^_^

Comment

I'd be up for this too - if a blm or thf is any good. How rare is the Utsusemi: Ni scroll though? Is this fight going to be worth 40 seals if its the best drop?

If someone could provide me with gear, I could whm but thats a last resort as I sold most of my good equip when I gave it up.
      Last edited by Daragon; 12-10-2006, 13:11.

Comment

I need gil for my lvl.51 staves + BLM spells up to 60.

I can come as either BLM or WHM. Would I need any -ga spells? I only have Sleepga and Stonega. I've never bothered with them as they are more trouble than anything when EXPing.
        Last edited by dataDave; 12-10-2006, 15:45.

Comment

Isn't this BCNM capped at 40? Or is that just the minimum level needed to be able to try it?

Also, won't it be me that has to use the seals, since this is being set up for me to try?

Comment

BCNM40 is capped at 40.

Everyone will have to use seals to obtain the equivalent orb. This in turn will lead to us attempting the battle 6 times. After we win the person who used their orb for that particular battle will open the Armoury Crate and will lot on all of it's contents whilst everyone else passess. This will be repeated for all 6 members.

After this, each member is responsible for selling the drops they obtained (making a note of AH fees required to list them). Once all items have been sold, they collect the money, deduct the fees total then split the remainder 6 ways and distribute to other members who took part.

This is generally the fairest way to do as it means everyone walks away with the same amount of gil at the end of it.

Comment

What if someone wants to keep a drop they obtain?

Comment

Based on a "Your orb your drop rule" every item your orb obtains goes to you. In the case of the more LS friendly "share" rule then the person provides an equal share of its value to each of the other members in the group. If its an /ex however, the item usually goes to whoever used the orb, although in some cases it can go to which ever job has most need for it.

Comment

Any idea when this might be? I'm out Saturday night from 7/8pm-ish but other than that I'm good.

Comment

ok, is the lineup confirmed as:

Daragon (THF/nin) - probably a better option for this I think Dara
                    Daviravi (WHM/blm)
                    Rarehero (NIN/war)
                    Talizker (RDM/???)
                    Vanicent (RNG/war)
                    Wedgemoon (BRD/whm)

Talizker's input means we have to run it quite late I believe. Shame that you're not available tommorrow evening as that would have been the optimum run time :/

We could maybe attempt it this evening but I'm aware that Van is on a late shift so wouldn't be online until around 9:30 and it can take a bit of time to complete 6 runs. If he is able to commit to a few hours tonight (and everyone else can obviously) I'll do it today.
                    Last edited by C'; 13-10-2006, 08:36.

Comment

Edited cause im a idiot and this way on Tsing knows how much of a prat i am.
                      Last edited by djtickle; 13-10-2006, 08:48.

Comment

Stuns not really needed if you've got yourself a NIN tank, its only us PLDs that suffer Flood fear. That and RDM only gets stun at 74+ subbing DRK.

Comment

Doh what am i thinking lol still asleep lol maybe i should edit that comment so that i cant suffer anymore embarrasment lol

I edited lol

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                            We could maybe attempt it this evening but I'm aware that Van is on a late shift so wouldn't be online until around 9:30 and it can take a bit of time to complete 6 runs. If he is able to commit to a few hours tonight (and everyone else can obviously) I'll do it today.

I'm not too sure about that to be honest. Usually, I decide if I'm in the mood for playing FFXI after I've got home and had something to eat.

The best answer I can give right now is that I'll let you know sometime this evening. Which, really, isn't a fair one, as everyone else will no doubt have plans of their own tonight.

So, I suggest that we leave it until sometime during the weekend, since we should all be free for the most part then.

Comment

I'm off to a friends and can be late as long as it isn't too late. I can be finished by 10pm latest on Saturday... or early morning Sunday perhaps? I'm going to try for the Promyvions whenever Bevan + Maria can make it on Sunday.

Too bad there isn't a lvl40 cap practice area where I can see which macros aren't going to work. ;p

I'm trusting the bulk of the work comes down to the BRD with the other mages simply healing then resting?

Comment

Working...
                              X