Your Favourite Retro Ninja Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favourite Retro Ninja Game

Your Favourite Retro Ninja Game, anything from 32 bit or before the only constraint is it has to feature ninjas as they are very cool

games like the shinobi series, tenchu, ninja gaiden and others

i personally am going to plump for 2 as i cant decide between them

1) Shadow Dancer - great fun and challenging early megadrive ninja title (is this related to the shinobi series - it seems to be and says something bout shinobi on the box)

2) Shinobi 3 - sublime, the height of the fantastic shinobi series and an amazing fantastic, totally well exectuted piece of genius

now its over to you lot, power of the ninja

Hmmmmm, Shinobi or Shadow Warriors on C64

Comment

Shinobi 3 is certainly up there, but I would go for The Ninja. It was dirt cheap on the SMS (even when it was new), but it was rock hard, and really addictive. The strategic element of the brief invisibility added a new dimension to the game. Plus the music was pretty good too.

Comment

Do ninja characters count, but not necesarily being a ninja game?

Example - Dark Seal had a Knight, Wizard, Bard and Ninja and I always used the Ninja. Same goes for Captain Commando, always chose the ninja.

Comment

u can take it how u like, hmmm i wonder if those samurais in streets of rage 2 count as ninjas they were only enemies but still

Comment

Originally posted by Rabasaurus
            Do ninja characters count, but not necesarily being a ninja game?

Example - Dark Seal had a Knight, Wizard, Bard and Ninja and I always used the Ninja. Same goes for Captain Commando, always chose the ninja.
            I always used the knight on Dark Seal - one of my favourite coin-ops.

Oh, back on topic anyway - there's been quite a couple of ninja games that I really liked at the time, but haven't stood the test of time so well - mainly due to their lack of depth. Such games include Ninja in USA, Dragon Ninja (Bad Dudes) and Ninja Warriors.

My favourite is probably Revenge of Shinobi.

Comment

Last Ninja Trilogy on C64... Armakuni rules
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

2) Shinobi 3 - sublime, the height of the fantastic shinobi series and an amazing fantastic, totally well exectuted piece of genius
                I love it too. I still prefer the first one though.....just >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                  I love it too. I still prefer the first one though.....just >_<
                  never played the first one, wasnt in any arcades here

Comment

never played the first one, wasnt in any arcades here
                    Really?! You poor, poor bastard. Unbelieveable level design and heaps of style make it one the premier side-scrollers of all time. It's pure.

Comment

im only 17, and by the time i cud see the screens most the older ones were gone, poor me, i do plan to own an arcade cab at some time in the future and buy this, then i will be shinobi

Comment

Revenge of shinobi: One of the first games I got for the megadrive, a classic ninja game, and what a soundtrack!
                        +
                        Strider

Last Ninja Trilogy on C64... Armakuni rules
                        I had these back in the day but never got into them being too young and ****e and games , perhaps I should check them out again with the help of a c64 emulator?

Comment

It has to be Drunken Master (The Kung-Fu) on the PC Engine for its sheer awfullness.

Comment

Original Shinobi: A masterclass in level design. Not one screen was wasted and a perfect difficulty curve - complete with 'no continue' on the final level ensuring only the true expert can view the ending. Bliss.

Ninja Princess: Completely different game but same comments apply. Hunt it down if you like your arse to stick to your seat whilst playing.

Timeless and utterly enthralling ninja and ninjette action...

Comment

The ninja/shinobi parody in little known Hudson Amiga game Yo! Joe!

Comment

Working...
                              X