Fantavision (a work of pure genious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantavision (a work of pure genious)

Yesterady i managed to pick up a copy of fantavision for ?10.00. For that price i thought why not?
    Got it home placed it in the disk drive after inspecting the disc under my lamp for scratches.

First impressions - errrrrrrr wtf am i meant to do thsi game is **** and where not going to get on at all. Then i put it back in the box to go down stairs onto irc and have read of teh instruction booklet which didn't help at all really.

So i trapes up stairs and bung it back in and give it a another crack.Then all of a sudden it just clicks as if it has been there all my life. AHA I HAVE TO LINK THE FIREWORKS AND PRESS O TO DETONATE THEM. What a weird game. Then after about 10 minutes of play time i begin to see how great this game is, wow look at that!
    Finally after about 20 minutes of shear fun and awe onto stage 2, yay!.

The thing that get's me about this game is how could any one ever think of an idea like this. Play it and you'll see what i mean. It's such a great concept for a game. Sometimes you'll find yourself just playing to see the fireworks in their full glory. I demand you go out and buy this and if you already have it i demand you post your comments on the game here . THANKS

I think the game is a little gem. I got the game when I bought my PS2 when it first came out in Britain, and it's the only one I've never traded in or sold on eBay.

I love the presentation, music, graphics and original(ish) gameplay.

The only disappointment was that it could have done with a few more levels.

A sequel, Fantavision For Two, came out in Japan, but never made it over here. Shame, really.

Comment

I have to agree with you all, this game is a gem. My supplier offered me these at a very cheap price, so I picked them up. But let me say, it has offered more value than a game of value of ?35 and this is a budget title. Pick it up now, you don't know what your missing!

Comment

indeed it s a fantastic game, although I cant get past stage 5

Comment

Thanks, I'll get it next week

Comment

Love it tons I got it for ?10.00 as well - bargain of the year

Comment

got this for ?4.99 from asda of all places - haven't played it yet (animal crossing is taking most of my gaming time) but shall have to give it a shot tonight

Comment

Hi there

First post here (ex Edge) and no better game to talk about with my first post.

I too picked it up at the stupidly low price of 4.97 from Asda (they had loads of them so there's no excuse) and I'm loving it. Bit too tricky for the girlfriend (she only plays puzzlers and I constantly need to try new games on her (so that I can play)) but the simple yet addictive gmeplay is fantastic for me.

And it's so very pretty

Comment

Its an odd game, initially seems very hard and you score a measly amount of points. Then you learn how to daisy and use the starbursts. And it becomes fantastic and visually stunning. I will say one other thing, its instructions section on the disc is by far the best I have ever seen, and it taught me how to play it properly. If only more developers could do that!

Comment

Necro bump.
                    I played this again while Resident Evil 5 was updating on the PS3. So for about 2 hours then!

My goodness I forgot what an awesome game it is. It would be perfect for a PSN or Arcade release.

*Could a mod do something about the "genious" in the thread title, it's most off putting, and will make the pedants RAGE!*
                    Last edited by jimmbob; 30-03-2009, 10:23.

Comment

^I got one for 80p in CEX a few weeks ago. It seems more disarming now than when I first owned it 2001, plus the presentation is fantastic.

I write as another pedant who abhors bad spelling. Change 'trapes', also.

Comment

Yesterday is aslo speeled qwite crativuly. No onedur the OP got band.

Comment

"Mad crazy out-of-head experience from Japan". That phrase sticks vividly in my mind

Comment

Working...
                          X