PDA

View Full Version : The Black Coffin

Tsingtao
23-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Righty, we need to do a run of the black coffin to get Tal thorugh it after that we can get going with the Pirate Ship BCs!

So who is willing to help?

I should be free on Tuesday night next week though likely to be around 21:00.

djtickle
23-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Sure, dont we all need to get a item again to be able to enter the BC?

Tsingtao
23-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah if you just go to the NM fight location and click on the headstone you can get the coin, no fight needed.

djtickle
23-03-2007, 11:47 AM
coool sweet! :) np im in!

talizker
23-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys. Tuesday is fine for me, looking forward to this BCNM.

Last night fight against Jazaraat was challenging but once Tsing had identified the problem and I was erasing when needed we managed to win on the second attempt, allbeit with not much to spare. Top stuff - thanks Tsing :happy:

C'
23-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I can help out if need be but if you get other people volunteering to help they can go ahead of me as, well, ToAU mission BCs really aren't that interesting (CoP missions are far away 20x more involving). Story CS are good and entertaining but the actual meat of the missions are so disappointing.

I remember preparing to go into this expecting a tough, challenging fight. In the end I got something about on a par with soloing a level 1 Tunnel Worm in West Ronfaure.

The pussies who whined and bitched about CoP (thankfully none of Rargh best I can remember) have probably killed off any likelihood of ever getting an expansion of the quality of Chains of Promathia ever again.

"waaahhhh, it's too hard"

"whiiiinnnneeee, there are level caps"

"soooobbbbbb, I have to actually prepare and farm before missions"

Sorry i seem to have massively digressed and ruptured my spleen. Move along...

talizker
27-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Tonight is on for The Black Coffin BC, the lineup looks something like this:

Talizker
Apathye
Daragon
Xandman
Touchstone
DJ

LSmes says 9pm ish but its going to be more like 9.30-10.00 as I have parents evening tonight which will push everything back. Looking forward to this :)

talizker
27-03-2007, 08:39 AM
...forgot to mention, is the XBox Live downtime going to effect anyone for this tonight? Looks like its due back up at 14:00 PST which is 10pm UK I think ~ I guess that will work ok.

Tsingtao
27-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I will be around after 10 I think if you need me, be good to get everyone caught up. One more fight then you guys catch me and we can move to the current end of the story, after that start on pirate ship BCs.

djtickle
27-03-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah 10pm is good, im in dyna but said i may have to leave early.

C'
27-03-2007, 11:56 AM
OT (I’m sorry) but Dj mentioned Dynamis. Can I just ask what time the 2:30pm EST time is for us? I know it’s normally 5 hours (so 7:30pm) but I’m unsure if the recent clock change may affect that.

Daragon
27-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I should be ok to make a start on this at 10 - I do need to clear the NM fight around Nashmau first however but that shouldn't take long if I get help with it, then its just a case of home point and off to Naja for the BC.

Hopefully will find a driver for my 360 pad so I can use it with my PC, I really am not used to playing this primarily with a keyboard.

djtickle
27-03-2007, 01:28 PM
OT (I?m sorry) but Dj mentioned Dynamis. Can I just ask what time the 2:30pm EST time is for us? I know it?s normally 5 hours (so 7:30pm) but I?m unsure if the recent clock change may affect that.

Yeah its 7:30pm Start 8pm Enter Rare.

Can you give me dyna's web page plz.

talizker
27-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Hopefully will find a driver for my 360 pad so I can use it with my PC, I really am not used to playing this primarily with a keyboard.

The XP version of the driver mentioned on the FFXI Vista thread will work nicely with the 360 pad Dara.

C'
27-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah its 7:30pm Start 8pm Enter Rare.

Can you give me dyna's web page plz.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Dynacore/index.php

Daragon
27-03-2007, 08:53 PM
The XP version of the driver mentioned on the FFXI Vista thread will work nicely with the 360 pad Dara.

My PC won't even detect the pad, so the driver won't help me much. What I'm going to do is to get on FFXI via PC now, clear this NM I'm up to and then hope to God Xbox live comes back on at the scheduled time.

There's no way I'm doing Black Coffin without a gamepad.

talizker
28-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Well things didn't go entirely to plan last night due to Live being down for an extended amount of time and the PLD not arriving from Dynamis until gone 11pm. Unfortunately he was also far to keen to pop the NM and I started the fight with no food and on half MP, and without discussing the nasty Def Down. As we have found out the Fomor hits hard and without proper preparation DJ and the PLD both died. Fortunately Gravity was our friend again and Dara and I managed to zone. Second time was much better but poor old DJ took another death - sorry man - once you had the Def Down and hate you were down in a couple of hits before I could Erase and Cure. Still, all sorted in the end and everyone is ready for the BC now.

Thanks big time for coming to help DJ. What I will say is that its fights like these that make me (us) appreciate what f**king great tanks some of LS folk like Tsing and Rare are....

C'
28-03-2007, 08:23 AM
/blush

Rarehero's ego skill raises by 0.3.

djtickle
28-03-2007, 08:35 AM
np tali :) You came and helped me many times with CoP and busted the old gut and ended up on the floor ^^

Hes one nasty bas*ard haha and even when /nin the pld couldnt keep hate off me >.> 2nd time I wasnt even tryin to pull hate or go all out, but I still managed to bite the bullet lol

Was fun ^^ Bring on the BC, its Too Weak but ace.

talizker
28-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll be on tonight and will try and speak to everyone to see when is good for the BC in the next couple of days. If everyone is on we could do it tonight.

djtickle
28-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I'll be on tonight and will try and speak to everyone to see when is good for the BC in the next couple of days. If everyone is on we could do it tonight.

Maintanice until 11pm matey XD

Tsingtao
28-03-2007, 08:55 AM
That's ****e and all for the addition of the increasing gay mini game content, next will be touch your chocobo.

C'
28-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Next is obviously...

“Yo Xzibit-ikit, my chocobo is WHACK! It needs its racing game totally fly sucka.

Please Xzibit-ikit…

PIMP MY CHOCOBO!!!!!”

Daragon
29-03-2007, 12:12 PM
That's ****e and all for the addition of the increasing gay mini game content, next will be touch your chocobo.

Except it will probably be the computer doing the touching again - where would be the fun in that?

Back to the topic, do we have another day set aside for this yet? Just got my CS from Naja so I'm all set.

talizker
29-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I'll check in with everyone tonight and see when is good for them, if we all happen to be on then we can do it there and then. Not sure what time I will be on however as we have visitors later.

djtickle
29-03-2007, 12:41 PM
eek, well some point over the weekend is prob best for me or Tuesday next week as tonite i have Sea and then Limbus.

djtickle
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Are we getting this planned again guys? I really wanna hit up them IS BC's.

talizker
05-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Indeed, was on Tuesday but nobody else who is involved was so couldn't do / organise. I can fit in pretty much any evening so I guess its down to people that have other LS activities...

djtickle
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
How about Tuesdays?

talizker
05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Its fine with me but the other Tuesday several people were doing Dynamis which went on until after 11pm.

djtickle
05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
oh yeah, Wed then maybe?

Tsingtao
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Wednesday would be good for me I think, be nice to get these rolling I think Theanu might need as well for all his chars.

talizker
08-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Wednesday sounds good. I'll get on tonight and stick a LS Message up and try and contact those that will be involved.

Tsingtao
09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Wednesday is cool with me consider it booked, let me know the start time!

talizker
09-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Shall we say 9.30pm on Wednesday...