Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Digital Output From Panasonic Q, Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Digital Output From Panasonic Q, Why?

Hi,

Hopefully, somebody can shed some light as to why I can get no sound from the digital output on my shiny new Panasonic Q. The strange thing is it works fine with dvd's just not games, and I've tried a few different ones and it's the same with all of them. My digital amp gets a lock but I still get no sound. It works ok with both games and dvd's connected with analogue phono cables. Is this a common problem or am I missing something glaringly obvious? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Doh, I just noticed the other thread asking exactly the same question. That'll teach me to type before I look.

Comment

The digital signal does not output sound just an image, so you need to keep the audio connections connected for sound.

If you look at the box for the Component/VGA cable it actually tells you this

Comment

I'm talking about the optical digital output, not the digital video output, which like you say only sends picture not sound. The optical output is an audio output.

Comment

The optical digital out is for DVDs only. The GC can't output sound digitally, so neither can the Q in GC mode.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boatman
            The optical digital out is for DVDs only. The GC can't output sound digitally, so neither can the Q in GC mode.
            The GameCube and Q can output digital audio. However, this requires a rather complex circuit/mod. It was descovered by one of the guys who descovered the GC NTSC RGB mod.

Comment

Yeah the lack of Q Opitcal Audio out is a shame. Saying that the Pro Logic I sound I get isn't too shabby. Especially with Metriod. You would expect the optical out to work though and this would have completed an excellent machine.

I'd like to hear more about this mod though?

Cheers

FB

Comment

I have the schematic for the mod on my HD. I'll upload it later on for your reference. I'm having problems uploading to my btopenworld ftp space... PM me your email address and I'll email it to you if you like.

Comment

Working...
                X