Non-FFXI gamesnights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-FFXI gamesnights...

I'm going to be taking a couple of days off mid-week during the Halo 3 beta if anyone wants to join meh (+ rest of NTSC lol). Would be nice to play something else with you lot for a change.

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
    I'm going to be taking a couple of days off mid-week during the Halo 3 beta if anyone wants to join meh (+ rest of NTSC lol). Would be nice to play something else with you lot for a change.
    Yea, I'd be up for some Halo action - so long as Bungie/MS don't impose limits on servers etc otherwise we probably won't get a look in.

Comment

The 360 owning Rargh! member have had some decent Live sessions in the past (PDZ, GoW, COD3 etc.) but it hasn't happened for a while due to everyones busy schedules. Count me in for any Live fun in the future... once my 360 is fixed.

Comment

Like I say, Halo 3 beta is all I'm interested in playing at the moment (So peeps get Crackdown in preparation plz) and is probably the only thing worth sacrificing a night on FFXI for.

I'd be up for some RR6, a few races on that only take 15mins so I'd be up for that anytime.

Comment

Been playing a load of the arcade stuff on 360 great fun, Scramble, Defender, Joust, Gauntlet, SF2 and more. Strange a powerful games console and all I want to play are retro arcade classics from the 80s.

Was thinking of finally picking up GoW and having a play...

...maybe oblivion as well.

Comment

Oblivion is one of the console's "must haves" - anyone with even a remote interest in epic RPGs/adventure games should not hesitate to buy it.

GoW on the other hand, I found was a bit overrated - single player was too same-y and was dull and uninspiring to look at. Had a fair few decent games of online with some of the other LS guys, but I much prefer something a bit less close quarters, such as CoD3.

Comment

Oblivion looks nice but I lost complete interest after playing FFXI for the first time. I'll probably give it a shot one day but I usually lose interest in western RPGs fast.

GoW imo is trash.

Halo 3 ladies, that's where I'll be if not on the LS.

Comment

How do you all stay hooked to FFXI? This is the game I lose interest in much of the time.

I just seem to get angry whenever I log in now - I have an urge to lvl up ranger but I know that without those leaping/bounding boots I really shouldn't and when I think of how many times I've either claimed and got no drop or lost out the claim narrowly and for the other guy to get the drop, it just makes me sad.

Whats even more stupid, is that I bought them for 250k a few weeks back for a promy run and sold them back after it, and compared to today's price that was an absolute steal

Comment

I usually face a challenge like saving up 1mil for all staves+gear PLUS trying to collect all AF for two jobs, last October the thought of doing all that sickened me out of the game. If it wasn't for Tickle + Bevan asking me to come back for CoP I'd still be playing Lost Planet online.

Comment

AF is a welcome distraction, although RDM AF was an absolute pain, as you may remember from our Necropolis venture Davi XD

The staves weren't so bad for me for some reason, although I'm sure all of them cost me over 1m - for a few months at least, I only used the Ice staff, until I realised that the others were very much worth having due to their spell enhancements.

I think after 3 solid-ish year of playing and achieving very little, the magic of the game is starting to wear a bit for me.

Comment

I'm just glad I'm (almost) at a point now where if I want to take a break I can do, and then just turn up for weekly ENM/BCNM events so at least there's a nice little trickle of gil being stashed.

Comment

I go through peaks and troughs.

Currently really enjoying things at the moment. I've really taken to Dynamis and try and attend twice a week where possible and enjoy it. Limbus too once I get a proper attendance schedule but I've not been able to do that too much but I hope to be doing it regular asap.

HNM didn't agree with me but I think, and I genuinely mean no offence to the members that post here, the LS just wasn't right for me. I found it a very intimidating atmosphere as it seems like everyone on it was so much more advanced than me as a player and because of that clammed up in myself. It's unfortunate really.

But on the whole, the game is massively appealing still. The fact that there isn't anything I feel I massively need to buy any more helps. I can just log on, do whatever I want. I would like a Peacock Charm next but not going to bust my balls over it (until I get RNG33 I guess :/

Comment

Yeah the on going challenge is what keeps me going really though my play time is lower these days.

Dynamis I'm back at again, hoping to finally sort PLD body and legs, legs I'm close to getting body well that could be some time depending on how many Xarcy runs we do, had 3 drop in the last month though which is nice.

HNM is taking it's toll I just seem unable to get the damn crimson legs, since I reached number 1 we've had 1 run no drop. 2 aborted runs, 1 due to Yamamoto doing 6 Kirin one Sunday then this Sunday not enough people showed. Martial hands I can't take as it will drop me down the Crimson list so have to watch them go by and gil drops are the same.

Limbus I need to do more of but limbus and Dynamis in a week is a bit much for me. All I need from Limbus now are coins for Loq earring and items for AF1 upgrades. Homan would be nice but I realy think it's Dyna or Limbus for me with HNM as well I'd be playing 24/7.

Assault is a big target at the moment would like to have them all cleared over the next 2 months. Rank 5s look quite straight forward and I only have 1 rank 4 left, Mamool Training Grounds.

Still working on RDM but my finances are a bit of a mess right now, just about keeping myself going but not levelled in a few weeks still at 50 though I have most my gear now till 72. Very dissapointed in the AF mind only hat seems much use, body for macro and same for legs. Should start getting AF2 though now, logged my Virtual for Dynacore

Other than that most things are now compelted for me, few quests outstanding but not much.

Comment

Oh i forgot to mention! "Chief Sergeant" Rank UP! ^^

Comment

Finally gave in and bought a 360, impressed with how XBL has grown since i owned a standard Xbox. Rep Zero if you fancy adding me.

Comment

Working...
                              X