House M.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House M.D.

I did a search to see if there was a thread for this excellent show and it came up with nothing. Im suprised that there hasn't been a thread already. Hugh Laurie is fantastic as House, for those that dont know is a cranky doctor with a limp(due to muscle death), addicted to vicodin amd his job is treating the unsolvable diagnoses. His motto is everybody lies(patients included). Its got great drama, excellent characters and witty lines (usually by House).
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-05-2007, 10:05.

The biggest problem with the show is that it's the same thing every week. It's gotten better with the newer series with the characters/story developing.

I've stopped watching it a few times as it just got too monotonous.

They really need to bring back Sela Ward. mmm...

Comment

I expect it's a good show, but I can't get past Hugh's ridiculous accent.

Comment

I think it's one of the best things on TV. So there.

Comment

I think its the best thing on tv aswell, i also like his ridiculous accent. i can't picture him without it anymore. below is a link to the best house moments, but i bet it isn't. :P

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 02-05-2007, 10:26.

Comment

I enjoy the show too although I only watch it on DVD (I've no patience to wait a week for episodes; I'd rather avoid it completely then watch the series in one go).

It is basically an homage to Sherlock Holmes so its formulaic structure is understandable.

Comment

I found the Tritter storyline in series three rather irritating tbh, though the conclusion to that mini-arc was good.

I really don't mind the formulaic format of the show, because the witty script and great characters more than make up for it. One of my favourite shows on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                I think it's one of the best things on TV. So there.
                Me too - fantastic ensemble work, always entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                  I expect it's a good show, but I can't get past Hugh's ridiculous accent.
                  I have the same problem. If I didn't know him as Hugh Laurie beforehand, I'd imagine I wouldn't even notice but I just have Blackadder in my head and House just rubs me up the wrong way because he doesn't speak like George.

Comment

BUMP.

This is still my absolute favourite show on TV. Season 4 finale next week and there seems to be some major twists on the horizon. Has anyone else still following this amazing show?

It's just a shame that the writers' strike means that there are only 16 episodes this season.

Comment

Yes, i still am. This weeks episode was fantastic, but i do question Wilson's priorities.

Oh and Cuddy's Poledance was mega hot!

Comment

^I know! Damn smokin' woman!!

Next week is going to be a truly shocking episode. I really don't want to try and call how things are going to end up.

Whay are there so many days between now and next tuesday?

Comment

Everything is ending this month. There won't be anything decent to watch then.
                          But yeah, it should be a good finale to the season.

Comment

Ah, downloading the US showings and not watching Channel Five eh?
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Ah, downloading the US showings and not watching Channel Five eh?
                              Indeed. Although, what with the strikes and the delays to production Channel 5 will be done with Season 4 in a couple of months.

Ho hum, maybe Season 5 will be longer to make up for it. I read that a couple of shows are getting longer runs next year to make up for the shortfall this year. Gossip Girl was one of them and I only remember that as it has the hot blonde from Season 3 of House in it (

the one who gives him the calendar so he can count down the days until her birthday

)

Comment

Working...
                              X