Modded Version 7 PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded Version 7 PS2

I recently bought a Messiahed Ver 7 PS2, it works fine with PS2 games, but when i try to play any PS1 games, they just dont play.

Any one got any ideas?

(the PS1 disks all work on a ver 4 PS2)

Thanks

Matt

you have to double press the reset button to get them to play

insert the game and then press reset twice quickly

Comment

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BedroomBusinessman
        Thanks

Matt
        I think that's not going to work - if it's a V7, it cannot have been chipped with an origianl Messiah 1. Support with that chip stopped at V5 PAL.

If it's a Messiah 2, then use the instructions below - it's a cut and paste of the ones I send out with the Messiah 2 mods I do for people, and no-one's had any trouble with them... yet

MESSIAH 2 INSTRUCTIONS

To play PS2 originals or backups

- Press EJECT to open tray, insert disc, and press EJECT to close tray. Once it has closed, press RESET. Game will load.

To play PS1 originals or backups, and DVD movies

- Press EJECT to open tray, insert disc, and press EJECT to close tray. Once it has closed, press and hold RESET until machine enters standby (red light). Press and hold RESET until blue light appears, then immediately release RESET. Game will load.

When switching between the PS2 mode and the PS1/DVD mode, switch your console off at the main power at the rear of the machine.

To disable the Messiah 2

- Press EJECT to open tray, insert disc, and press EJECT to close tray. Once it has closed, press and hold RESET until machine enters standby (red light). Press and hold RESET, holding for 5 seconds after blue light appears, then release RESET. Disc will load. The Messiah 2 is now fully disabled until the next time the console has been powered off with the switch on the back of the PS2. This mode will future-proof your PS2 against anti-mod original games, and will be useful if some form of online gaming has mod chip detection. In this mode, your PS2 will only play original games and the PS2 will behave exactly as it would if it had no mod chip fitted at all.

Comment

Thanks Will

That works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X