No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i remember a few months back a woman would come in early on saturday morning, leave her kid (who was about 7) playing on the pods in the store and then wonder off literally for the rest of the day and come back with her shopping, we asked the kid where she was and his response was that she did it all the time, it was obvious he was aware that he'd just been dumped so he wasn't "in her way", this lasted for 3 weeks eventually told her i'd have to bar him if it happened again, not that it was his fault she was a bad mother but if he was barred then she couldn't just dump him, my only worry was that she'd just find somewhere else to dump him, i wish i'd said more about how disgusted i was at her to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
      I don't want kinds and if I did in a town like ours and in this day and age I would not leave them alone

I'm like u dvdmike. Me & my lady have decided that we dont want kids but if we were we'd be sensible enough to know there's plenty of dodgy ppl out there (it nearly happened to me as a child) so we wouldnt leave them on their own incase they either got nabbed or had an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
        i remember a few months back a woman would come in early on saturday morning, leave her kid (who was about 7) playing on the pods in the store and then wonder off literally for the rest of the day and come back with her shopping, we asked the kid where she was and his response was that she did it all the time, it was obvious he was aware that he'd just been dumped so he wasn't "in her way", this lasted for 3 weeks eventually told her i'd have to bar him if it happened again, not that it was his fault she was a bad mother but if he was barred then she couldn't just dump him, my only worry was that she'd just find somewhere else to dump him, i wish i'd said more about how disgusted i was at her to be honest

people like this shouldnt have kids, i have a 9 year old and a 6 year old, wife works evenings (3 a week) and i dont like her walking home, even thought its only 10 minute walk, so each night she works i wake the kids up for the 5 minute round trip and put them back to bed, ive never entertained the thought of leaving them in bed alone!!

if we go shopping they stay with us, dont allow them to wander off, if the eldest wants to go in game or such for a go on the demo pod, either my wife or me stay right next to him.

i manage a supermarket and the amount of parents that just let there kids wander the store on there own and "hope" they meet them at the tills is amazing and have the gaul to moan at me when they dont and have wandered out the store blaming my staff for not "seeing a toddler walk out"

if you choose to have kids you choose to make the sacrifices, simple as that!!

/rant over

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r View Post
          people like this shouldnt have kids, i have a 9 year old and a 6 year old, wife works evenings (3 a week) and i dont like her walking home, even thought its only 10 minute walk, so each night she works i wake the kids up for the 5 minute round trip and put them back to bed, ive never entertained the thought of leaving them in bed alone!!

if we go shopping they stay with us, dont allow them to wander off, if the eldest wants to go in game or such for a go on the demo pod, either my wife or me stay right next to him.

i manage a supermarket and the amount of parents that just let there kids wander the store on there own and "hope" they meet them at the tills is amazing and have the gaul to moan at me when they dont and have wandered out the store blaming my staff for not "seeing a toddler walk out"

if you choose to have kids you choose to make the sacrifices, simple as that!!

/rant over
          Amen brother!!

Comment

"EVERYONE IS NOT TALKING THROUGH MSN FOR ONE MINUTE TA PAY RESPECT TO MADILINE,I RELLY HOPE YOU CAN DO THE SAME PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE THAT IS ONLINE FOR MADDY PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO . THANKYOU"

Just got this on msn.
            Why exactly do I want to pay respect to the fact a girl got kidnapped =S
            It's a nice thought but could of been worded better or something and preferably done in lowercase.

Comment

hah, why would that make a difference.

oh look, MSN is dead due to respect.

Some thoughtful 13yr old thought that one up no doubt.

Comment

I think (verging off-topic but hey that's what we do) that there is a huge difference between leaving your children in a safe place, abandoning them in an open place, letting them out to play and losing sight of them just momentarily.

A family with a large home, and a pool perhaps, may well put their children to bed and then sit outside. A large garden may create the same distance. That is the kind of distance and space we are talking about regarding the abduction.

Parents/carers that leave children in a manner that has been discussed in some of the posts is very irresponsible. No getting around that really.

Are we to let our children go out to play like we (I'm 36) used to? I've been scarred for life across my face from playing with fires as a seven year old. But I had a wonderful childhood, outdoors most of the day playing down the stream or over the park playing war. As I grew older I would be out all day on my BMX, or in town with my mates on a Saturday. However I never used to let my daughter play over our local park but at the time it wasn't the nicest place to go. Now she's 16 she's off with her mates most of the time or with her bloke. We always ensure she gets home safe and do the same for her mates. It's the sensible thing to do.

As for losing sight of your kids for just a brief moment? I've yet to meet another parent (although no doubt someone will buck the trend) who hasn't lost their children at some point, no matter how briefly or how short a distance they have gotten. The other side of a clothes rack is enough to instill panic in most mothers!
                Last edited by iloveannie; 14-05-2007, 08:34.

Comment

I fear the parents will escape any form of prosecution over this due to the sympathy cards - That's wrong - Very wrong.

Bet Portugal are well chuffed with them though - wonder how many people are changing their holiday destination now !!!!

And don't even get me started on the celebs who are using cash donations for free publicity - Nice Catch22 you challenge them they say "Oh but it was all I could do to help - I was in a position to help and felt I should". Yeah right. [/cynic]

Comment

Just been to the newsagents and couldn't help noticing the brazen headlines about a British man being investigated over this.

I bet the hacks at The Sun et all are beside themselves - they'd never get away with this sort of coverage of a UK-based investigation, but because it's abroad there's no legal issues with contempt of court etc, and provided they stick closely to what the Portugese police tell them, there's no fear of getting sued for libel either. Basically the gloves can come off on this story.

Comment

I heard a radio 4 report (get me ehh) where they were hectoring a portugese representative about who was to blame, she said if it turns out that this is a british girl taken from british parents by another british individual then you may find the question of blame a lot harder to answer. I thought this was odd to say when they were saying they had no leads but makes more sense now. Apparently this individual (Who lives with their mum, bet thats in the Sun headline) was acting as an unofficial go between for the family, police and locals, his mother was on an interview saying people could approach them with information if they felt unable to go to the police for whatever reason and they would pass it on, the police were then supposedly tipped off by the press. All sounds very odd

Comment

Maybe it's Ian Huntley all over again

Comment

Originally posted by Spagoli View Post
                          I heard a radio 4 report (get me ehh) where they were hectoring a portugese representative about who was to blame, she said if it turns out that this is a british girl taken from british parents by another british individual then you may find the question of blame a lot harder to answer
                          Don't see why - the parents are to blame - It's that simple.

I wonder if the fact the media circus (that's what it is) this has generated won't prompt whoever did abduct her to off her if not already done - If you had her stashed and you couldn't turn without seeing her face absolutely everywhere in Europe on walls/papers/TV etc what would you do ???

Comment

What would I do? Turn myself in and cut my own balls off in prison and flush them down the loo.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                              What would I do? Turn myself in and cut my own balls off in prison and flush them down the loo.
                              Yes but one would hope you're not the type of sick DonaldDuck that would do this in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                                Yes but one would hope you're not the type of sick DonaldDuck that would do this in the first place.
                                My money is on them having a book deal by year out - And I wouldn't be surprised if they've got Max Clifford onboard once back in the UK.

The whole thing disgusts me in case you hadn't noticed

Comment

Working...
                                X