Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BCNM / KSNM Thread! Gather Together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BCNM / KSNM Thread! Gather Together?

So when we up for ODS?

I can do friday after work about 4:30pm?
    Last edited by djtickle; 10-05-2007, 07:45.

Put me down plx

Edit: This might clash with the EU Dynamis run, can we make it later/earlier?

Comment

Once Davi gets sleepaga 2, I'd like to set up a some BCNM60 - Amphibian Assault runs. I have the paintbrush for the Den of Rancor part. The drops aren't worth the millions they used to be, but it's still easy gil.

Comment

Out of interest, but does anyone happen to know if there's still any value to Mannequin body pieces? I remember a few months back when myself, Moot and Yenyoju would tackle the crustacean conundrum BCNM20 for one of these each, they sold for a few hundred k, but I wonder what they'd go for nowadays?

According to FFXIAH.com, Silverwedge has one in his bazaar for 420k, personally I don't think they'd be worth THAT much but if there is value still in them, I think its very much a good idea to persue - The fight is an easy one and the drop is 100%, only problem is its a 3 man.

Comment

Let's do it then!

Comment

Think the body is currently around 200k roughly, slow sales but were still moving last I checked though that was a couple of months back. 200k these days is nice mind, still think these are the best gil per seal ratio.

P Charm is gil down a hole in my view, drop rate is awful.

Comment

Right, I have Kindred Seals taking up valuable mog house space (currently about 20 into my fourth stack) so I really want to get some used up and hopefully make some gil for RNG gear. So I am proposing 2 options:

1. Operation Desert Swarm - the perennial "let's do a KSNM" favourite. Incredibly simple, everyone knows what to do but seemingly low chances at getting items of any real value (although occasionally delivers big).

2. Prehistoric Pigeons

Your armoury crate will load out of the following groupings: All four use Greater Bird and Soul Voice special attacks. When one is killed, the remaining ones are made more powerful. After two were killed, the remaining two both began to hit much faster (seemed to have NO delay), harder, and took less damage. Nin tanks not recommended. All are susceptible to Sleep, Lullaby, and Bind. Resisted sleep (except with ES) after two of the birds were killed. Can use 2 hour more than once. Builds resistan

Probably a harder KSNM. If we went with this, we'd need a more regular party setup (healer, sleepers, tank etc) but it is doable outside of the favoured Manaburn setup (done it once before in a group with Meric, Saerik, Moot and others).

Gil drops are mostly Damascus Ingot (chance for double drop per orb apparently and Damascene Cloth).

However, this KSNM also offers a chance to get some of the different Rare/EX weapons (I think everyone pretty much has what they want weapons wise from ODS). The weapons from this are:

Dissector (Sword)
              Gravedigger (Scythe)
              Michishiba (Great Katana)
              Coffinmaker (Gun)

Personally, I'm interested in 3 of those as the sword, great katana and gun are the best examples of their respective class that NIN can use so it would give me incentive to skill up those weapons.

Interest?

Comment

Ooooh Ooooh pick me, pick me!

*raises hand*

Coffin maker/Dissector my eye is fixed on
                Last edited by Daragon; 03-08-2007, 09:18.

Comment

Which? Either?

I'm presuming you'd come THF for ODS or BLM for PP?

Comment

Either/or really - both weapons would be great to own.

I'd probably want to go blm for both really - my experience of ODS as a THF wasn't a very good one, although I do put that down to use of a keyboard to control macros etc which I'm no longer accustomed to (plus the healing magic thing just didn't happen for me)
                    Last edited by Daragon; 03-08-2007, 09:24.

Comment

Can you solo a scorpion on BLM? That’s the only way we do ODS now. Quick and easy.

Comment

Well if we have competant healer who doesn't just stand there buffing himself while I'm dropping into red hp then I'm fine with going THF, I just prefer doing BCNMs as BLM unless THF is specifically needed for an easy win.

Comment

The tactics that rare is talkin about dara is that there would be no healer, 6 peeps and 6 scorps solo all the way! You could bring hi pots thou if u like

Havin mooty on blu is nice thou for the od heal ^^

Comment

Or Bloody Bolts

Actually, it's irrelevant anyway as I have to admit, I'd much rather attempt PP and Dara has said he would come BLM for that which is ideal. ODS is just a backup in case I can't get enough people willing to attempt it.
                            Last edited by C'; 03-08-2007, 10:18.

Comment

Well, I still have a Lachesis orb that still needs using up - I take it PP needs one of the others?

I have do have enough seals for another 30 outside of that though (I think).

Another thing which might have hindered my ODS soloing is that I don't think I'd hit 74 when I tried it with THF. A lack of Utsu: Ni would have seriously impacted my ability to solo.

Comment

Working...
                              X