Mechassault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechassault

Over the last two weeks, I've gotten into my Mechassault demo online. When I first played it, I thought generic shooter which involves holding the trigger down and circle strafing, but now I'm seeing it differently. I've learnt to "prepare" buildings to demolish on somebody at a moment's notice, and use the ones I haven't as cover, and I'm really enjoying it. Earlier today, I was pummeling a Puma with a level 3 PPC, and he started limping. Unfortunately for him, he was standing on the bridge over the river. A single level 2 PPC shot destroyed what remained of the structure, and took him down with it. Was it my fault that it took down two people who had been fighting under it at the time?

Anyways, to my question; are there many people still playing MA online? There are very few playing the demo now, and I'm wondering if that's indicative of the full game. I see they're still releasing content for it, so the situation can't be too bad.

My second question, where's the cheapest place to buy it in the UK? I'd prefer an online place if possible, as we don't have a Gamestation or similar here in Darlington (we have a branch of Chips, but it isn't too good). I've read people's oppinions on it, and I don't want to end up spending any more than ?25 if at all possible.

Ta.

Can I take it from this complete lack of response that no-one actually plays MA anymore?

Comment

I haven't really been playing it much any more, but it's more to do with the fact that I just have too many games to play right now

I still think that it would be worth a purchase though, for me it's one of the most supported Live games by far. There are at least 4 new mechs to download, plenty of new maps (including a dense city map with high bridges that you might like ) and a couple of new gametypes.

Comment

Started playing it again over the weekend - and loving it all over again. I reckon you'd be OK to get the full version; there seems to be plenty of life (not all of it intelligent, sadly) left on the servers and the downloadable content is excellent.

As for getting hold of a copy of the game, someone was selling it in the 'Items For Sale' folder recently for about ?12, if I remember correctly.

Game do it pretty cheap secondhand, too.

Comment

Thanks Pinkmoon, I've PM'ed one of the sellers that hadn't sold it yet, but the sale started waaay back at the beginning of May, so it's probably already gone.

Comment

I have only just ordered it! I hope there are peeps still out there.

Comment

Does the demo get more busy then? I've only tried to play it a couple of times, and every time either been kicked off someone's server before even entering a game because I didn't speak French, or got bored with the fact that a bunch of 12-year-olds were using it as chatroom software rather than wanting to play a game.

Since then, I've stuck exclusively to Midtown for my Live pleasures.

Comment

Working...
              X