PDA

View Full Version : Salvage

Tobal
08-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Salvage ?

Looking for 6-12 players to join in on doing Salvage ? need to have Nyzul Isle runic portal and 1500 assault points per run, only looking at once a week on Wednesday night 10pm, last for a maximum of 1hr, zero time extensions, you start with 1hr and do everything you can in 1hr.

For those that don?t know, you start each Salvage with everything locked(equip, stats, /Ja?s, /Ma) and we open them up by getting cell drops from standard mobs(among other ways). With the patch change there a starting chest somewhere on the floor 1 that will give us 6-10 starting cells so we no longer have to rely on h2h skills, and mages can be useful from the start.

The goal is to get the armour drops from conditionally poped NM?s, normal mobs and the Big Boss on floor 5 or 6. 3 armour for drop for each piece type so (e.g. lvl15,25,35 legs) you trade them into the npc along with some crafting items to get back some very good equipment.

Lotting ---

No points, just say which armour set you want to aim for and lot on it, if they have the piece already its open to whoever can use it. If some someone has 2 of the 3 pieces and the last piece they need drops, they get priority on lotting.

No separate pearl to be used, just standard rargh.

C'
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Yep, as discussed yesterday I’ll give this a go.

Eventually I’d like a full set of Usukane armour (this is a pipe dream obviously) but definitely interested in going for legs followed by feet.

djtickle
08-06-2007, 01:42 PM
/ yes please, Ares for me mega boss!

talizker
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, would like to give this a go also.

Daragon
08-06-2007, 02:34 PM
BLM armor would be nice, give me a reason to start doing assaults again too.

vwilsonuk
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Ignore post ... I missed the time. 10pm start is a bit late here.

Tobal
11-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Well I?m hoping we can get more people to go come Wednesday night, we have enough with 5 people farm the normal mob and nm pieces and have a poke around, but not to take on a Big Boss.

Nin, Nin, Blm, Rdm, Cor. Hopefully we can get others in the act as we?re light on melee DD, and thf or war would be good but we?ll have to see.

C'
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Moot may be interested in this once his exams finish in a couple of weeks but you're best speaking with him direct.

As you have noticed, his WAR seems to be "available" again (funny what a Joyeuse does :lol: )

Tsingtao
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Ares for me and wil be intereted, we need to watch strategies coming out. At the moment some of the big LSes are getting slaughtered in there right now.

Bosses seem to come with 10+ links etc, many have large AoEs of death also.

Will keep watching! AaD will be heading to Einherjar as well but not till we get on top of sky.

Tobal
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Wrong event tsing... this is about Salvage not Einherjar

Tsingtao
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Doh sorry Tobal I'm getting confused, salvage me up ^^

C'
12-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Tobal, can you give any pointers on what we are to expect, need to bring etc?

I don't really know much about Salvage and after the update, most of that is probably out of date. Do we need Hi-Pots, RR etc.? Do I gear for DD, evasion tanking, enmity/HNM style etc.

Tobal
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Being our gear, stats, magic and abilities are locked at the start the first floor mobs are very weak, but it should be easier once we get to the treasure chest, save us fighting with out h2h skills(though a sub skill of 50+ is good enough).

Go for a tank setup, 1 ninja will be the first to be equiped, looking for sub job, weapons and magic to be opened first, next magic cells to go to rdm and blm, then second nin and pld. Once the nin and pld have weapon everyone else gets weapons.

So basically our job at the start is to try and fully equip 1 nin and 1 or 2 mages(mages won?t get much till second floor), with the second nin and pld half done. The melee should at least get there weapons opened.

We?ll aim for taking on Mad Bomber NM(if we get the right pop conditions), Rampart wasp?s NM(maybe), and killing gears(for normal drops)

Bring reraiser or rr scoll(remember rr equip will be locked) and if you have hi-potion tanks from assault, take a couple in for the starting area. There will be chests that drop from normal mobs that give temporary items similar to besieged(but not as powerful)

Daragon
12-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I might be ok for this on Wednesday, despite lacking a control pad to play with. I can just about tolerate an hour trying unsuccessfully to use a keyboard to move and organise and activate macros.

C'
12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Haha, I just realised the stupidness in me asking how to gear considering our gear is locked at the start anyway. But thanks, that outline has helped.

I think you’re expecting a bit much though in me remembering to bring a RR. Haven’t our ENMs taught you anything? :p

Tobal
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
lol, well you die and Rdm doesn't have magic unlocked your in trouble...

djtickle
13-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Wont be online much tonite i dont think, but ill get logged on b4 10pm for this :)

talizker
14-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Well that was really good fun :)

DJ just bought up an important point on MSN in that do we keep the Cells that are in our inventory so can be used on the next run? I dropped my spares this time as I was short on space but if they can be kept and used I will at least try and keep a Magic, Sub & MP for the next time. As we had a BLM join last night I guess I should have gone /whm as well but it was all a bit last minute... plus he didnt seem very bothered about the Sleepga thing so I guess it was a good job I was /blm...

Can't wait for next week!

C'
14-06-2007, 10:15 AM
First off, apologies for having to scoot so quickly last night, but I literally had to go when I did. I don’t expect to have that happen again. Just one of those things.

It was good fun but a bit baffling with Tobal mentioning things as we were going and not really making sense (“kill the puddings with spiky heads” :hmm: ), hopefully he can post up some detailed explanations of what we were supposed to be doing.

I really hope I can keep up the costs for meds to be doing this on a weekly basis but I have so little time to make gil any more and Limbus’ 30k two times a week is still a real kick in the pants.

Also, will you be keeping track of what drops people have gotten so far and 1st/2nd lot pieces will be for everyone Tob?

Daragon
14-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh god, really sorry I missed this - I forgot all about it and hadn't been on at all yesterday as I'd gone out for the evening with friends :(

I suppose this BLM you went with yesterday will be wanting to go with you next time as well?

djtickle
14-06-2007, 11:38 AM
It was Segg dara, but more blms the better :)

Daragon
14-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Would you have used multiple blms even if I was there though? How many people did you end up going with?

C'
14-06-2007, 11:58 AM
We ran with 7. I think Tobal is hoping to have our numbers slightly higher so we may be adding people. We actually got 2 armour drops so Tal and Rabs are already 1/3 on the way to getting a piece of Salvage armour.

Daragon
14-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Whats the optimum number for this then? How far did you get?

C'
14-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I honestly do not know. What I can say is that one Bomb type monster Tobal said we had to kill it before it used Self-Destruct (it grew in size, Snoll Tsar style) and we failed at around 20% so I’d imagine that means we need a few more people.

djtickle
14-06-2007, 12:13 PM
tbh we didnt get very far at all, there was much more farming we could have done and as rare says it would have been nice to be able to kill the NM. Although i think we did well for our numbers and our 1st run. Onry 1 death :)

Yes id say would would have used multiple blms dara.

2 peices of armor already it pretty tops for a small man run id say. When ive talked to people they say that salvage is pretty easy like limbus people just need to get into it.

Its very cost affective too, i took in a hi pot tank and a RR scroll and used food i already had. So the run cost me 5k and 1500 AP :) Nice. Although if i get the parts for Ares body lol its gonna cost about 3mil to upgrade >.>

C'
14-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Looking at current prices on ffxiah, you’re talking approximately:

Head – 1.2m gil
Body – 5.4m gil
Hands – 860k
Legs – 20k
Feet – 90k

Luckily, I’m most interested in legs and feet to start with :lol:

My biggest cost last night was a Hi-Reraiser for 10k (and I never even died :( )

Tsingtao
14-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Typically I'm most interested in the Cuirass, shouldn't take me long to generate that much cash mind. Reckon I can do a million a week if I need to, tend to make around 200k not trying to.

Was interesting last night, NM on level 1 had to be killed in less that 30 secs.

NM level 2 didn't pop as if you watched the puddings they displayed spikes on their heads at a certain percentage dead. All 5 had to be killed showing spokes for the NM to pop, the spikes went down after around 15 secs and I think appeared at 50%. In future store TP till spikes appear.

Level 3 the triple gears had to be killed in the 3 large rooms to pop the NM. {EDIT} More research done, to spawn the NM you have to defeath the archiac gears while all 3 gears are still up. To do this recommendation seems to be to take it down adn at 50% set up darkness for Freeze II bursts. Gears are lost at 50% and 25% but can be restored by a TP move{EDIT}

What I didn't get was what the deal was with NMs, are they a gauranteed drop of x number of armour peices or something.

Last point is are cells reusable, I still have 5 from the run I'm holding for next week. If thats the case then theoretically I can hold a full set ready for next run basically removing all effects almoist instantly. In short we'd really need to hold subjob, abilities, magic and weapons. Rest could get in flight! {EDIT} No joy, you can not reenter till you toss cells from a previous run{EDIT}

Whatever I'm ready for next week!

Tobal
14-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Same next week, expect i want to start it at 10pm, so meet up for 9:30 so there's 30 mins of faffing around.

Will be looking around for more people, hopefully Moot will have toau 17 done, and dara if he turns up lol.

Same again next week, we'll try and speed thing up going for a

*1st floor clear out then, then go back for Mad Bomber(though im not sure if opening the door will depop him)

*2nd floor get stats up and aim for killing the puddings, spike head mode is only active to melee attacks, nuking gives it a certain chance to stop SH mode, so we'll time a super heavy nuke for the end of it HP.

*3rd floor its as tsing says, there 100% method but it claim to be to kill the 3x 3gear mob while thay have 3 gear still up, so.. melee them doen to 3/4, then SC dark and heavy nuke.

*4th floor - we should be able to do this fine, kill 10 gears with out agro (i got 4th and 3rd floors mixed up ><; )

also pieces tali got Marduk lvl15 head piece, and Rabs Skadi lvl15 legs.

Tsingtao
14-06-2007, 07:23 PM
2nd floor NM is a key one gives us the card for popping a body NM, 2nd floor mobs each give cards for different remnants. Haven't fully read up yet but there's a fair amount to salvage.

Wynth
20-06-2007, 01:09 AM
this looks fun! I may join you if its not too late, though I'm trying to do the calculations of what's 10 PM GMT equivalent to. ^_^

C'
21-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I am enjoying Salvage, especially due to the fact that we are learning as we go on, but I do get the feeling that one run a week is really going to affect our chances of getting any Salvage armour complete.

I was speaking with Nyoneme prior to last night’s run, and she has been doing Salvage since it was introduced, and is now running 4 times a week and still haven’t completed a piece of Salvage armour.

I appreciate people have a lot of other commitments (I’m one of them) but if we are making this a regular thing, it would be nice to actually be getting a reward out of it (especially as there is literally nothing else to go in for unlike Dynamis, Nyzul Isle Assault etc.)

One thing I have found out is that the time restriction placed on repeating Salvage is based on the time you acquire the Remnant’s Permit (not the time you enter a zone as in Dynamis and Limbus).

This means, in theory, it is possible to run Salvage twice in the same evening (although it would require people to be paying attention and being prepared ahead of time. For example:

We purchase a Remnant’s pass after finishing around midnight on a run. We can purchase the next one 24 hours later but we still have the one in our possession (similar to how holding Assault Tags let’s you do 4 runs in a day as opposed to 3). So when the Wednesday comes around we start (on time :p) at 8pm clear the 100 minutes of the run, and come out and can immediately grab another Permit for the 10pm run.

Obviously it depends on people’s availability/willingness to commit over 3 hours of an evening to Salvage (as in a Dynamis run) but this method means that we don’t have to give up multiple evenings to Salvage.

If everyone else is happy with how things are currently, obviously there is no reason to change, but the thought of being over 6 months down the line and having nothing to show for it would be pretty depressing.

djtickle
21-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Im good for that, im sure if we are all ready for when tali logs in we can do stright from the off and finish abou the same time.

Tsingtao
21-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Might be able to manage it Wednesday is our main trigger day for Angels and Demons. Next week we'll be running pop NMs in it's place so I can't gaurantee attendance as HNM takes precedence.

Tobal
21-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Right, can't post during the day got total internet ban at work ><

My plan for this was to move to 2 nights eventually, most likely a friday. 3hrs of salvage in a row isn't something i want. I would have wed/thurs night asked to see who can make a friday night meet up, if we had at least a viable 6 man party we could farm lvl15 and lvl35 pieces. You have to remember getting 3000 points in a week it a bit to much for some members, especialy those with out lvl4/5 access to easy 3 man assault to spam points for 1000 a go.

The plan for the next month at least is to go wednesday get use to the system as people are still quit slow, farm up lvl15 pieces of normal mobs aim for 1 NM and lvl 4 farm for a salvage card. What i want from all of you is to tell what you most wanted 2 pieces of 1st lot equipment is, at rotate farming around getting them 1st, hopefully a few pieces will drop in the same areas.

Once we get us a whm we can look to take on the Mega Boss for lvl25 equipment, which would mean at 1st farming for full equipment, a card farm on lvl4/5 and then on to the mega boss with 30 mins to spare. Once we get the boss tactics down we can aim to swap out card hunting for an NM.

C'
21-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I get what you're saying and after I'd posted I wondered to myself if I maybe shouldn't have said anything.

I appreciate that this was put together as something more casual than other end game stuff that we can do (mostly) within the LS and I think it's been successful in doing that. It's just we've chosen probably the least casual friendly event possible in terms of getting a reward from it.

The Assault thing I'm going to work on as soon as I'm sorted with Second Lieutenant rank, and rerun some of the lower rank missions for any LS members who need them (Gael has also provided me with a list of the missions he needs) because I do agree, farming the points for a pass is a lot easier on some of the higher rank missions.

Tsingtao
21-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Fridays would be out for me most weeks, Friday = Beer + curry ^^

Wynth
22-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Friday would be good for me! ^_^b I can stay up late with red bull (haha, remember COP?) but Salvage sounds fun!

djtickle
22-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Im out for friday too, Monday before limbus, Tue Before Dyna, Thur Before limbus, or Sunday before linkshell events are good for me.

Daragon
22-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Basically, any evening that isn't tuesday is good for me - don't like doing multiple events like this a day. If I go into a second event in the space of a few hours, tired and frustrated from a previous event then it doesn't help anyone.

Doing something like this before or after a dynamis is a recipe for failure.

Tobal
22-06-2007, 09:36 PM
wellt he 2nd run isn't decided yet, lets just continue with 1 run for at least 4/5 weeks before we decide.

also new information on how to weaken the Mega boss Homing Missile effect. Basiclly we have kill 10 gears on floor 4(the 4th floor NM requirement), so i really fancy our chances of trying this in 2 weeks time. Next week for certain is 2nd floor NM and farming of 4th floor for a salvage card(plus kill as many normal mobs as possible) the 4th floor will give me a good gauge on how fast we need to get up to the 4th floor and then to fight mega boss for future salvages.

Youtube'esk video of LBC fight
http://photozou.jp/photo/show/133385/3679588

C'
26-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Right guys, I’m sorry to do this but I think I’m out of Salvage for the foreseeable future.

A couple of things last night made me realise that I am running my game to a schedule and it just isn’t fun any more logging in on a routine knowing that my entire evening’s play is already mapped out for me. At the moment, my ‘schedule’ looks like:

Monday: HNM>Limbus
Tuesday: Dynamis
Wednesday: Salvage
Thursday: HNM>Limbus
Friday: “Free”
Saturday: Dynamis
Sunday: HNM

It’s really too much for me at the moment. Obviously I have a bit of free time on weekends but the irony is these things are hardly fre time when I have to fit in the other stuff I want to do that isn’t end game (Assault, EXP etc) so they are almost a routine also.

I’ve decided to focus on the activities that I am most likely to get results out of in the short-term and that means HNM and Limbus are my priority. Salvage and Dynamis are going to need months and months of dedication (some of the MT+ amounts on Northlands NIN relics is staggering). Fingers crossed once I’ve got what I want out of Limbus I can think about something else. The advantage of my choice is that both HNM and Limbus run on the same dies so although it means I’m very busy on those days, I have a greater number of days totally free time.

I know this won’t cause any problems for the Salvage group (Dj, Tsing or Xand can all fill my role admirably) but I just thought I should let you guys know in plenty of advance as opposed to just not turning up tomorrow evening.

talizker
26-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Must admit i'm dissapointed to hear this Rare, although I can fully appreciate the busy schedule. I have really enjoyed the first runs and will miss you being in attendance both from your job role and as a friend to talk to.

C'
26-06-2007, 10:39 PM
It's just the news that 2 friends have probably given up the game completely has made me think about the amount of in game activities I was committing myself too and didn't want to burn out.

The upside of this will mean more nights will be available for Assaults and I fully intend to stick to my promise that once I've hit Second Lieutenant, I will use a proportion of my tags to help yourself (and other LS members) clear the earlier missions and get rank ups.

I'll still be online mate so no worries in that regard :)

Also, there's that small matter of Rargh Bomberman Live! we will have to get sorted too... :happy:

talizker
28-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Not such a good turn out last night which I find strange as most people are already in the groove with scheduled events with other end game LS's.

Nyzle Isle Assault was fun mind, even though failure x 2.

dataDave
28-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Bomberman Live! we will have to get sorted too... :happy:

what? Bomberman is on XBL?!? What are we all doing still playing MMPORGs!!! (I'm being the black one or I'm not playing!)

FFXI shouldn't be played in a routine fashion mate, that's how you get bored of it. It's like those people that eat Chicken on mondays, Fish on tuesdays, Beef on wednesdays. wtf?

Saying that I'm interested in getting back into ENMs + joining Wynth with nub Assaults, outside of getting back to my main. It all requires repeated dates setting like, but I think you've taken on too much there Rare as most people only have the time to commit to one thing at a time. You'll be joining me in Azeroth, twinking a lv.19 Rogue in no time whatsoever if you carry it on.

Daragon
28-06-2007, 10:46 AM
More Rargh action on live would be nice (of course I have to get back a working 360 first). Our PDZ games were class - I have a fond recollection of a particular match in subway where I completely dominated with a grenade launcher from a high up point that noone could get to :lol:

Bomberman is a class party game, but we should find some more alternatives to PDZ as well.

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Lost Planet. Anyone without this game deserves a good kicking. Myself included.

Ridge Racer 6. Class.

Burnout Revenge. Absolutely head-exploding excitement. Just make sure you have a custom soundtrack at the ready.

Perfect Dark Zero. Yeah, good game, not as good as I'd hoped mind. Wouldn't mind picking it up again.

Halo 3. Myself + Tob will be caning this no doubt.

Daragon
28-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm a fan of Lost Planet, that grappling hook is great fun in online games and the way the mechs have been used is class. Not played it much recently, but as soon as I'm back on my 360 I intend to buy both map packs and hopefully inject some new life into it.

C'
28-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Bomberman LIVE! is apparently coming in July. I only mentioned it here as it was prior to last week's Salvage that I was discussing it with Tal about how Rargh matches are a MUST! :happy:

You speak the truth about routine and taking on too much Fallows, hence my decision to back out of a few things for now.

vwilsonuk
28-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Think I overdid it for several years, and look where that's got me!!

Did think about loggin in last night but did my nails, some hoovering + washing up, cooked a tasty spag bol and watched downloaded Japanese samurai tv drama instead.

It isn't that I don't *want* to - just that its a long way down the list. Had I managed to fit in some Korean and wrapping my mate's birthday present, it really would have come next. Promise.

Rep
28-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind gettting into this, have everything i need apart from The Black Coffin clear, currently unlocked in mission list so help getting it done would be nice :D

Tobal
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Getting back on topic, who is still on for making this, this wednesday?

I think i can get Fission and Wynth to go if a remind and wake up the other. if it falls this week i give up.

djtickle
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I cant come this week im in amsterdam! But ill be back to every wed after that!

talizker
02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm also busy this week, opening night of Die Hard 4, but still wanting to continue this with the LS if we can.

Daragon
02-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I won't be back on for this until my 360 is sorted - A pc as old as mine isn't ideally suited for something like this unfortunately.

Tsingtao
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
If not enough are on I'm good for a hjaunt through Nyzul Isle.