PDA

View Full Version : NTSC-UK guild...

Number45
26-06-2007, 09:42 PM
... is there such a thing? :blink:

I've played this on and off (And on and off and on etc...) for a couple of years now, but I've never really managed to get into it in a big way (A single 60 and several hundreds of others between 1 and 30, I'd say). More than anything because I've never found a half decent group of people that I'd play with on a regular/semi-regular/casual basis, I'd say.

I'm up for starting afresh on whatever server/faction (I usually play Horde, but I'm easy) is good for people on here?

Mr Pump
26-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I used to play this on an very casual basis, lots of characters in the 40s doldrums.

Might be tempted to come out of retirement if a load of NTSC bods are playing. I just thought it didn't get much love because it is for teh PC.

Number45
26-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I'm sure interest would soar if it was released for the consoles! :D

Still, we can gauge interest and see where we go from there.

dataDave
27-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, no 'official' NTSC guild as of yet. But anyone starting up should join the 'Ghostlands' Euro server, that's where I'm on with a few real-life mates. We're in a pretty small guild too that doesn't feature anyone begging for money etc. You have to be Horde too, no two ways. :)

Pump: Get back on it and get a character up to lvl.39, Battlegrounds are a piss-take at the moment, yet to lose a single match over the past three days so I'm just raking in Honour + WSG/AB tokens. :D Made a total of 123AB + 68WSG tokens lolz.

Still have about 3k honour left after buying 'Insignia of the Horde' trinket. Excellent for facing off vs. another Warlock on the battlefield :thumbsup: - only one use with 8min cooldown like.

831 crit. with Shadowbolt tbh! And that's without INT+ buffs or food. T T Too bad that number is going to go down to about 400 when I start gearing up for quests again.

MarioMark
27-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Yep, it needs to happen. :)

Number45
27-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Well, no 'official' NTSC guild as of yet. But anyone starting up should join the 'Ghostlands' Euro server, that's where I'm on with a few real-life mates. We're in a pretty small guild too that doesn't feature anyone begging for money etc. You have to be Horde too, no two ways. :)
Awesome. I'd go Alliance if necessary, but I'm Horde at heart. :wub:

Do you have any specific requirements within the guild. I'm spent more time with Mages (My 60 is a Mage) than anything else, but have played Priests and Druids a fair amount too.

dataDave
27-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Entirely up to you what you choose mate, we're in need of both Druids + especially Priests :) No other requirements. My character name is Vona, although you might have to repeatedly spam me with hellos as I'm in BG with Combat Log on 95% of the time.

WoW should have been released on the 360 back when BC was released.

MarioMark
27-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah I loved WoW when I played it. But I hate sitting at my computer for games, so I stopped playing... shallow reason I know.

There's nothing quite like slobbing on a sofa or bed with a joypad in your hand, and a headset on. :thumb:

dataDave
27-06-2007, 10:45 AM
nah man - you can't beat sat at teh PC desk with drinks mat + ashtray. :) Mine is strategically placed at the window so I get to see daylight, and women.

Why am I such an MMO head now? I used to take the piss out of people like me a couple of years ago. ; ; I blame Silvergun 100%

Astra
27-06-2007, 10:48 AM
got 3 high level chars on draenor (eu) horde

lvl 69 warrior
lvl 66 paladin
lvl 61 mage

presently in one of the best guilds (prophecy of hellscream) on the server but not sure for how long cos ive not played it properly in months now lost intrest since burning crusade bigtime.

was into wow in a big way before bc and was a regular raider (cleared mc, bwl, aq20 and upto c'thun in aq40) but for some reason i lost intrest in the game really fast

MarioMark
27-06-2007, 10:57 AM
nah man - you can't beat sat at teh PC desk with drinks mat + ashtray. :) Mine is strategically placed at the window so I get to see daylight, and women.

What about sitting on a sofa playing PSO, pad in hand, keyboard on lap, and wearing one of those caps that hold 2 cans on coke or beer, with 2 straws going down to your mouth? :happy:

dataDave
27-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm currently looking into intravenous means of nutrition so I don't even have to think about needing food/water.

MarioMark
27-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm currently looking into intravenous means of nutrition so I don't even have to think about needing food/water.

Ace, hopefully won't need the toilet either then! I'll quit my job and set up some kind of direct debit thing, so dole money will go straight into my bank to pay for the sub fee's, won't even need to leave my home then. :happy:

Sorry for going off topic, but I think it was important for these views to be made.

Number45
27-06-2007, 11:37 AM
It's agreed then, I'll roll Mage. :D

I'm just considering this again because I don't have much to fill the few hours or so between dinner and when I get access to the TV (And thus consoles).

dataDave
27-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I'd just like to add that killing off an opposing Warlock with Drain Soul has to be the biggest kick in the nuts ever! >< mucho satisfaction from that last night where I made it my aim to farm a full set of 16 soul shards from the other team's Warlock. lol. Got to about 10/11 then made the rest next game. :D

Also: seducing the opposing team's lone flag defender meaning you can just walk right out of there with the flag whilst he's stood there perving over Succubus. lol. Or when you're running back out the tunnel with the flag and you see some Alliance player thinking they're coming to the rescue only for them to end up standing still with love hearts floating over their heads as you run past, blowing them a kiss in the process. lolZ0r!!

Number45
27-06-2007, 01:50 PM
In all the hours I've played WoW, on all characters, the total amount of honour I've accrued is zero. :blush:

Warlock is one of the classes I've never really touched on. Levelled them a little (~10) but didn't feel compelled to continue. Why do I get the feeling that this is all going to end with me filling all 8 slots on another realm...

dataDave
27-06-2007, 02:02 PM
lol! Just quit typing and start lvling!!

I was the same with Warlock until Soulstone Resurrection came along. Having self-made, unlimited reraise (well, once per 30mins provided I have a soul shard) from FFXI sold it to me 100&#37;. Reraise items are skinning me on FFXI!

Also, Voidwalker's ability to tank made me feel like I was controlling a Black Mage AND a Paladin both at once, both my favourite jobs from FFXI. His AoE provoke 'Suffering' just takes the piss until he has about seven mobs chipping him down too quickly. He'll have gone back to being normal Voidy now I've changed to destruction spec. though. T T

Woargh!!! You need some honor matey! Some top gear to be had from PvP. :)

Number45
27-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I've never tried PvP. Even back when I was heavily into City of Heroes and they introduced the Arenas I didn't give them a try. Closest I came was when a priest friend of mine convinced me to join the BG queue... but I ended up logging before getting in. :D

And I'm at work, sadly. Most nights when I'm into this I don't get online until after eight.

I'll install it (And upgrade and patch and patch and patch etc...) tonight and see what happens. I won't trouble you in game until I've got a character up to a half decent level anyway, unless I decide to transfer one (Though I don't think the realm is available for transfer yet).

Number45
27-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Turns out my CDs are dodgy. So instead of installing it, seems I'll be spending the next several hours downloading the clients instead. >_<

dataDave
27-06-2007, 10:13 PM
no way. ><

I just got DC'd out of an AB match. ; ; After two almighty nukes too...

err... I can't connect to anywhere but this website. ; ;

Number45
28-06-2007, 12:02 AM
It's not just my internet connection that's being daft then. I did a speed test earlier and apparently I'm marginally worse off than a 33k modem user. :D

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Hmmm... Im very very tempted to start again.. me mate started again so I may go start with him. Lol... Hmmm but I dont want it to suck my life in again grr!

dataDave
28-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm... Im very very tempted to start again.. me mate started again so I may go start with him. Lol... Hmmm but I dont want it to suck my life in again grr!

You know you want to.

Get him to transfer to Ghostlands and let's have a real sesh!

Daragon
28-06-2007, 10:35 AM
How big is your server btw? If its a new one then I could understand but I couldn't join one that has only a couple hundred people in it thats been going for like 6 months for example.

Given that there's apparently over 8 million active accounts I doubt that its THAT empty, just as long as there's always something going on. PVP aside, I like social orientated stuff as well as plenty of dungeon crawls and the like - be good to experience some proper ones as opposed to FF's "attempts" at capturing the "crawliness".

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:19 AM
How big is your server btw? If its a new one then I could understand but I couldn't join one that has only a couple hundred people in it thats been going for like 6 months for example.

Given that there's apparently over 8 million active accounts I doubt that its THAT empty, just as long as there's always something going on. PVP aside, I like social orientated stuff as well as plenty of dungeon crawls and the like - be good to experience some proper ones as opposed to FF's "attempts" at capturing the "crawliness".

The server population seems nice and average... My starting city (Silvermoon) was like a ghost town, but that was nice as it all felt like a 1-player game for the first 15 levels or so. It's funny how the in-game story describes it as being a ghost town too.

Numbers picked up when I ventured south into the Ghostlands. I solo'd everything there although I needed numbers behind me for the 'boss' quests and that took me just one shout to reel in three others, I even got chance to use my summoning ritual to bring in one other. :) Within an hour+30 we were done.

You can just shout in the LFG channel anyway, that goes out to all people currently on quests and such. If you want to go on a dungeon run for loot then it all works just like FF, you hang around until you get 4/5 (this can take a while depending on whatever dungeon you want) then go for it. You'll want to cane the Shadowfang Keep dungeon a few times as it's good exp up to lvl30 and the drops are immense, always ppl on it too and I can come along and help - having someone in your party twice your lvl isn't as silly as it sounds, just like in FF with PL'ers, the golden rule of chaos means low lvl people usually get too confident and end up dead, although if you mess up in a dungeon it can really go tits meaning the high lvl person loses control too.

The server gets really busy at weekends. Basically I'm buying decent weapons for cheap mid-week and selling them for profit at the weekends. People will pay crazy (wrong) prices for some stuff so get in there whilst you can.

On saturday Orgrimmar was packed... and a bunch of Warlocks decided to start off a 'Rain of Fire' party. lol. Massive city-scape AoE ftw!

It's been a week since I last did any quests although it is great when you think you're in a rough area all by yourself to be greeted by someone else you find on the same quest. :)

PvP. Mid-week you're usually waiting between 1sec and 2/3mins for a battleground entry. Basically you sign up to a queue (along with people from other servers) and then you transfer to a PvP server with all those other guys as one. It's all very seamless and works very well, you also make friends with other people that aren't even on your server, which is cool. It's all very nice making a little rep for yourself so that you get cheered by others when you enter the BG 'starting grid'. :D (and then get absolutely brutalised by four enemy pets all at the same time, I need AoE Fear damnit!)

It sort of dies down at midnight-ish and from then onwards you're waiting around 20-30mins for a battle.

What race are you going for Dara? :D

Daragon
28-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I was thinking undead, nice and evil and I think I have a character on another server which I could transfer. That said though, it would probably be a while before I join (my computer runs even this at a crawl, which is quite pathetic). As soon as I get some spare cash, its the first thing to get an overhaul.

What are your specs like btw?

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh **** it ive resubbed! Im coming to ghostlands.. ill whisper you in game Mr Fallows:D

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Obviously tons of kids up to about lvl25 and then it starts petering out... Just make sure to expect a few Shadowfang runs to go totally wrong with people screaming like turds because your DoTs are taking their kills... and then quiting out mid-way etc. The later dungeons (I've heard) become much more involved so it becomes less of a problem the higher you get.

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:33 AM
What are your specs like btw?

Pentium 4 2.0 (got a 2.8 here to go in, not in a rush as that won't make any difference really)
1gb of RAM (2gb recommended)
GeForce 6600 (or any other gfx card for ?20-?30 on ebay will work)

I could be doing with 2gb of RAM, but my gfx are bliss anyway (everything up to max) and I'm constantly on 30-37fps... everyone I speak to is on 60fps constantly though *jealous*.

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Just started a BE mage:D:D! Called Kelan! Get ya ass on David haha!

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Just started a BE mage:D:D! Called Kelan! Get ya ass on David haha!

lol nice!

At work at the mo pal. :) I'll get you a guild invite shot over as soon as our leader's on. *rubs hands* ><

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Ahh okies man! When will you be on? And curse you for making me start again haha! Feels weird not having played it for aages! lol

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:45 AM
aha! about 6pm onwards.

What skills are you thinking of picking up to make money with? I fully recommend enchanting man. +10 bonus for Blood Elves. I can make you jewelry for free until the materials start costing G's as I have a crap load of materials for all that stuff just lying around (the items only cost a few silver anyway and are generally just skill-ups)

I won't be around in Silvermoon to greet you matey, although give us a shout when you reach the elites + bosses in ghostlands, or need help finding NPCs. Will be on guild chat when not in BG. :)

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Yah im deffo going enchanting.. erm, hmmm, Ive actually forgotten what there is lol! MAybe tailoring as im a clothy... hmmm

But ill pick those up at lvl 10

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I was thinking undead, nice and evil and I think I have a character on another server which I could transfer.

Nice man, Undead are well cool. Still gonna be called Daragon? ;p

dataDave
28-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Yah im deffo going enchanting.. erm, hmmm, Ive actually forgotten what there is lol! MAybe tailoring as im a clothy... hmmm

But ill pick those up at lvl 10

That would be good too - plenty of cloth/wool/silk drops.

I was told to have my first character have two foraging jobs, and then change to two production jobs after I had a load of money saved but meh, I'm happy with mining + jewel crafting. Nice + fresh economy so making cash isn't a problem unless you're going to want to uber-pimp a BG character.

Enchanting + Tailoring (two production jobs) from the go would be a good combo, you drop your clothing materials and just buy cheap items from AH to bust up for enchanting.

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeh.. I just go with whatever I like doing and whatll keep the cash rolling in aye!.. Enjoying this mage atm tho.. havent rly played one properly before so.. I may do what you do get to 39 and come piss about in the BG's:D

Daragon
28-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Not sure on that one, I think my existing character already has a name. I don't think I got too far with it tho so I might just roll a new one.

dataDave
28-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I may do what you do get to 39 and come piss about in the BG's:D

I'm here for the foreseable future and can rack the kills up so I'm able to afford up to my lvl.60s BG gear. Nps waiting for people to catch me up.

Currently saving up for my lv.40 Rune of Perfection (trinket that gives spell penetration +20!!) 49BG for me is going to be a roffle joke.

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 12:07 PM
HAHA yeh that will be fun!! Grr the server is overun with Noobs atm lol.. shouting that they cant log into their main server! Go away! haha

dataDave
28-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah - they tend to just scream about not being able to log on during a planned weekly maintenance... but that's mid-week, early afternoon shouting for you. Shouldn't these ppl be in school? You can filter out certain channels if they start to bug you I think. No enough adults around to tell them to STFU and stop spamming I suppose. Like yelling to Blizzard asking for their server back is going to do anything.

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Ive now changed me mind... Now a BE paladin, under the name of Vasur... think I will be sticking with this one.. My main ally was a pala and I loved it so Ill be sticking with this hopefully hehe!

dataDave
28-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Nice nice. There is a short mini-boss style quest that takes you up a temple with some traitor at the top. I think his arcane elementals, or whatever they are, drop enchanting ingredients, icqr. So you might wanna double check before NPC'ing them off.

Honestly man, get into the habit of using Mana tap > Arcane Torrent (BE onry :) ); It really fists groups of mages in PvP. :thumbsup:

RobDimmock
28-06-2007, 03:49 PM
HAHA yeh im slowly getting used to using mana tap and arcane torrent now.. Comes in handy when they cast a spell! And get some mana back to so tis all good hehe!

Number45
28-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I'm still trying to download this ****ing client! Even when I do get it down my connection is so screwed at the moment I'm not sure it'll be playable. But when I do I'll give you all a shout.

I'll either by UD or Belf Priest/Mage. Female, of course.

Number45
28-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Wee, it's installed. I've created my first character(s) ( :blush: ), will give you a shout in game when I've levelled her up a bit. :happy:

dataDave
29-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Wee, it's installed. I've created my first character(s) ( :blush: ), will give you a shout in game when I've levelled her up a bit. :happy:

Nice man. :)

Mage or Priest?

Number45
29-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Priest at the moment - Neassa. I'll link her for the Armoury when she shows up in it. :D

dataDave
29-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice man, we're in need of a priest or two.

omg, I just realised last night that I'd equiped a sword a couple of weeks back worth 300-400g T T. Shadowfang itself from Shadowfang Keep which is apparently quite rare. I should have known it was special with the name but only realised last night. oh well. I'd only equiped it to skill up sword with (and didn't even do a good job of that). lol

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=1482&locale=enUS;source=live

0.02&#37; drop chance. lol.

Daragon
29-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Nice man, we're in need of a priest or two.

omg, I just realised last night that I'd equiped a sword a couple of weeks back worth 300-400g T T. Shadowfang itself from Shadowfang Keep which is apparently quite rare. I should have known it was special with the name but only realised last night. oh well. I'd only equiped it to skill up sword with (and didn't even do a good job of that). lol

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=1482&locale=enUS;source=live

0.02% drop chance. lol.

Bloody hell, is that % the norm for good gear? Are these monsters camped heavily and with stupidly long respawn times ala FF?

Number45
29-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Shadowfang Keep is an instance, so it's a spawn specifically for your party. :)

dataDave
29-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Bloody hell, is that &#37; the norm for good gear? Are these monsters camped heavily and with stupidly long respawn times ala FF?

Instance (dungeon) run so totally empty apart from who you enter with. You can solo Shadowfang Keep @ about 35+.

Hence the absolutely lunatic drop rates.

Also Dara, it's a lv.19 pimping sword specifically for Battlegrounds (and for a specific dmg build on top of that), only any real use to a lv.19 BG twinker. It is pretty elite for what it's for though, one of the best in-game.

The other decent drops that you'd actually use are more common. The Shadowfang Keep boss is guaranteed to drop one of three items: Robes (passed, after 11 runs didn't get it so skipped it), a belt (got), and a dagger (also got). It's getting him to drop the one you want after a 1hr dungeon run. ><

dataDave
02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Woo! Weekend buying rush action! Bought an Underworld Band for 55g on Thursday with the last of my money (had to borrow 6g). The ideal ring for twinking Warlock shadow damage. I was so close to equiping it but decided to sell on the AH over the weekend for 115g instead.

I really want to stay at 39 to let people catch me up so we can get playing together. The urge to lvl into 40 is growing daily so I've had to make a new character to ease the pain lol. Just using her for enchanting at the moment as I seem to make more money from disenchanting my crafted necklaces/rings for dusts over selling them directly. She's also a priest though so can sit in the background waiting for others to make alts too.

If anyone has any requests for any jewelry just let me know (before I blow it all on enchanting lol). :) I have tons of mats lying around.

---

Also, my online temper reached new levels on friday after being spat on by an alliance player after I killed two of his mates one after the other lol. He one-shotted me when I was at about 10&#37; and then spammed a spit macro on me. Since then spitting on alliance players is all I've been doing. Seems to work when at the beginning of every spawn I'm attracting about 6/7/8 aggro away from the main commotion of the actual flag tactics. lol.

Number45
02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Neassa's coming along OK. Did get a little bored with her last night so bumped Ceara up a little (Mage, linked in the Armoury thread) - she'll be Herb/Alch, I'll probably try and use her for making some money, though don't be surprised if she becomes my main. :D

I had a player on ignore within an hour of starting Neassa. Got invited to group (Random, obviously), the player expected me to be Russian. I wasn't so he started abusing me. Nice. :rolleyes:

dataDave
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Lol nice.

I haven't done that bad encountering idiots, they seem to be mainly Alliance.

When I was playing on Sancretia there was a total n00b guild starting up in Silvermoon and I was tempted to join but it's a bit pointless when my main is in PT. Most of the fun comes from playing on a fresh server not knowing what to expect with a group of people in the same boat - that's what was so ace about both the FFXI/PSU betas.

Give me a shout if you need a hand with the Tranquillien elites, as well as finishing off that boss.

---

I'm well into the Silvermoon > Tranquillien setting though. It's absolutely amazing and I'll probably never go wth any another starting race/nation. The music is just *kisses thumb + finger tips* The Dead Scar is a top idea also.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/363192436_1a3b0babfb.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/144440376_fb32982354.jpg

Make sure you pick up a necklace from the banshees at the western coastal watchtower! (lighthouse?) You hand it in to Lady Sylvanas (B.Elf undead @ Undercity) and she sings to the B.Elf theme in elvish. It's fantastic.

Number45
02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I know the Horde starting areas so well that I can get a character to 20 without thinking about it now. Will be interesting to see how I get on with Neassa post ~25 or so, because it'll be fairly new territory for me at that point, at least as a Priest.

It's so frustrating that I have to wait until level 40 to get the real talent. :cry:

Number45
03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Dimmock, have you played this any more? Don't think I've seen you online since you sent me that /w the other day. :blink:

dataDave
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, c'mon Dimm! We need to build a gang of us forumers and take over the guild lol (jk). It could be doing with the numbers though... I think I've only ever seen a maximum of 10/11 people in it at one time.

Most of us are stranded on lv.39 due to us all being hooked on BGs and more interested in making AH profits.

Hopefully the numbers will rise and we'll get a nice gang going.

Number45
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I doubt I'll get hooked onto the PvP side (Though you never know I guess, given that I've never tried it!) but I do intend on playing the AH a little this time out. I'm going to sell my disenchanted mats and old cloth bolts (So linen after I move to wool, wool after I move to silk etc...) on the AH and see if I can't make some cash that way. :happy:

Definitely going to level Ceara when I have moments of boredom with Neassa though - and she should do well enough with Herb/Alch (My favourite professions).

dataDave
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I doubt I'll get hooked onto the PvP side (Though you never know I guess, given that I've never tried it!)

Aw man, I was the same, it only took someone to kill me once though and that was it. Revenge had to be mine. Now I get off on just winding the opposition up so far that they all chase me around whilst my team get to work with the flag/bases. lol.

Number45
03-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Like I said, you never know. I just need the right circumstances to come together to nudge me into the BG. I'm thinking some sort of planetary alignment + lunar eclipse should do the trick. :D

Perhaps if I hit 39 when you're all still there I might come along for the ride.

dataDave
04-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Well lucky last night, managed to find an enchanter that was doing +12 int on bracers and +10 spell damage on gloves for 5g each. So now I can't afford my mount again. ; ;

Also more fun on the PvP side. Warsong Gulch (CTF) is usually the place to find the best competition, and last night concreted that. We seemed to have four matches one after the other with the exact same squad (probably a PvP static) which meant we had to change our gameplan each time as they seemed to be pretty much on the ball with each group having a dedicated healer and actually seemed to be using some solid field tactics...

Anyways, long story short they were good - and probably the best team I've played against. Their Paladin was an absolute powerhouse and it was him that would come for the flag each and everytime - taking him down required 3/4 of us nuking him to hell, as on top of his pimped armour he certainly knew how to play his job well with perfectly timed shield spells + self cures etc. What struck me was that killing him each time turned into a higher priority than actually defending the flag he was coming for. lol. It's funny how you'd never expect a meat-shield job role to work on real human players when they should know better, it's not like he has any abilities that mean we can ONLY attack him or anything.

We lost two and won two anyway so GG to everyone on both sides (for a change).

dataDave
24-07-2007, 10:03 AM
wtf. Back into BG(49), shadow bolts taking off between 0 and 300 a hit, less than what they were 10 lvls ago. ; ; Left a match with a massive two kills last night. ace. I don't get it, I'm sacrificing all my stamina for mgk dmg+, int, crit+ etc.

Also, Alliance rats on Horde side now. It's shocking what Alliance will do for wins (I suppose it's the natural thing to do when, out of around 500+ matches, I only remember them winning 3 or 4 times).

Me: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Vona

My BG arch-nemesis: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sporeggar&n=Shiamhe

Absolutely gimped (still in 39BG gear) and still caning me. wtf? Something's not right somewhere.

---

Had my personal enchanter fly in for crisis talks at tea-time, just 30g later and a couple of new pieces of gear and we have...

1634 Soul Burn crit (almost 1 shotted Shiamhe, finished off instantly after with Shadowburn). Back on form and then some. I will sleep tonight.

dataDave
30-07-2007, 03:03 AM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=302980916&sid=1&pageNo=2

Time for kick-off!! I've had enough of those short-term, honour point infringing opportunists. No.45 man, I hope you like BG. :D :thumb:

dataDave
30-07-2007, 03:14 AM
I might get booted off that forum for being a little offensive. lol. I tried being as tame as possible. ><

Number45
30-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Keep me out of your alliance baiting! :D

You know what's going to happen anyway... I [might] hit 49 before the beginning of next week, then I go on holiday, and when I get back you're all in the 59 BG. >_<

It's not offensive anyway - it's all in the spirit of the game. Alliance and Horde aren't really supposed to get along you know. ^_^

dataDave
30-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I'll be 49 for ages yet mate, I swear. I'm not leaving until we're spawn camping that lot.

At the moment it's a shambles... enter a BG and everyone thinks you're up against standard alliance idiots and it's fine to just run in and own. No one buffs others, heal others or anything, after me passing out healthstones. No one even bothers attempting to take out the healers 1st ffs and then they wonder why they're invincible and blame it on twinkedness (eventhough they only have average gear).

Number45
30-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Keep talking it up... you've definitely got me interested. Not sure how I'll get along as shadow though, seems as though it's not that highly thought of for PvP at the moment (At least at 70). We'll see.

dataDave
30-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Depending on how much time you plan to spend in PvP it might be worth switching to another talent spec and then changing back later.

If it wasn't for my gear Destruction would be hard work for PvE. When I hit 50 I'm changing back to Demonology for Felguard, and then back to Destruction at 70 if I bypass 59BG (which is the plan).

Changing talent specs reverts back to 5g after one month.

Shadow priest named Styks on Alliance side, doesn't really do much apart from make me cast Shadow Ward on myself before she gets decked. ;/

Give Shadow a bash first anyway and see how you fare. :)

I'm pretty sure if five of us guildies stick together, Me(Warlock), Maimbite(Shaman), Terrorbella(Rogue), A.Nora(Warrior), you(priest), just the five of us could zerg their hot-spots and let the randoms deal with disrupting the others. We could really be doing with a couple of Paladins our lvl. :/

Number45
30-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm definitely going to stick with Shadow if I can - I had planned to stay that way right to 70 then respec then if needed (Though it seems shadow is more in demand at a higher level than holy - go figure!).

You'll have to keep an eye out for the right unguilded players while you're in the BGs - yoink them into the guild. :D

dataDave
30-07-2007, 01:34 PM
You'll have to keep an eye out for the right unguilded players while you're in the BGs - yoink them into the guild. :D

I'm trying my best. Me and Beefstew hooked a lv.43 hunter into our party last night (the only other BGer in our realm at the time), not the best of pickups but at least we stuck together. lol

I'm going to start shouting around Orgrimmar with requests.

It really is too bad you can't switch between different guilds like in FFXI. I'd make a BG guild if that was the case and then switch back to Post for social.

yashiro
02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
The original guild (PI/E) is still on Earthen Ring.

dataDave
03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh man, I didn't know sorry. :(

How many of the original crew still play?

yashiro
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Probably not that many come to think of it. So I wouldn't feel too sad ;)
We have a lot of old guys who joined PIE when the NTSC mob did but most peeps you may know have quit.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/guild-info.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Praetoria+Imperialis&p=1

dataDave
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
np pal. :)

Fairly glad I started up with my gamestation buddies on Ghostlands, you don't get many level 70's as it's a fairly fresh realm I think.

That was one of the downers of joining Seraph on FFXI, on Hydra (360 beta) server you were lucky to see someone wearing much fabled AF, and when you did it was "WOAAWZAZ!!!".

---

In other news I just got my Major Spellpower enchant on my 49 staff! yay!

dataDave
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
No.45 mate, all my mates (+ others!) are blagging me to make my own guild for some reason, so you're more than welcome to join when you get back. Telling Cel+co. I'm leaving won't be an easy task...

dataDave
13-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, that job is done. They took it fairly well and I'm allowed to keep some low level BG alts in the guild, so that's cool.

yashiro
21-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Ye old PI is now in ze Black Temple!

Not long before the big fella is toppled.

dataDave
15-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I think I might re-roll on your realm. I'm finding keeping my interest in the game difficult thesedays as I can only play when my semi-active 2v2 partner is online. Now I'm SL/SL I don't have as much fun with PvP so I'm totally unmotivated to enter any BGs.

Even if me and my partner get 2k rating (we went to 1951, hovered around 1900s for a week, now down to 1750 as I think he's losing interest) and I get all the s3 Felshroud, it's totally unlikely I'll get an invite to one of the two 5v5 teams on my realm.

How's PvP in your guild? Any decent 5v5s fancy trying a destruction warlock if I went through the massive 1-70 > BG for epics > 2v2,3v3 for s3 > 5v5 destro grind again?

SuperBeatBoy
05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Picked up the battlechest today. As i have been feeling the urge since Wrath of the Lich King came out (huge Arthus fan) :P.

Is there a particular server all the ntsc-uk peeps are on? :)

AaronBekir
12-07-2009, 10:23 PM
If anyone is on the Stormrage EU Alliance server, i have set up a guild called the Stormrage Knights, my character is Aaronbekir, msg me if you would like to join, always looking for members.