Flight of the Conchords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight of the Conchords

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

My brother and I were discussing whether we?d enjoy this quite so much without the musical bits. I think we would, but there?s no doubting that its ?gimmick? is what makes it so worthwhile watching.

In case you?re wondering, it?s a new comedy from HBO. Kind of a musical Peep Show.

Found out about these a few months ago. Can't put my finger on what it is about them. Not hilarious or anything but oddly compulsive.

Albi The Racist Dragon

Hiphopopotumus Vs Rhymenocerus
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Jenny

"I remember what we did at the look out, we just looked... out, across the city from our little spot on the top of the hilltop, oh it's so pretty from way up there, we talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars, seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright.. that night"

"It was daytime"

"The daytime of the night"

Comment

hahaha never heard of these guys before, so far business time is my favourite

Comment

Saw these guys live at the Edinburgh Festival about 4 years ago and they were amazing. Their songs are great, as is their between song banter - they act like shambolic bumbling idiots, although I'm sure it is well rehearsed.

They also had a series on Radio 2 not that long ago - seems like the HBO thing is an expansion of that - some of the same characters certainly.

The guy without the glasses (Brett?) was in Lord of the Rings, a dark haired elf in the Council scene, and he became an internet icon known as Figwit, which I believe was a 'hilarious' name given to him by internet ladeez standing for "Frodo is gorgeous...who is that?".

And that is all my Chonchords knowledge spent!

Comment

The first episode of the HBO TV show is available on itunes music store for free, most likely downloadable for all.

Comment

Flight of the Conchords

Anyone else been watching this?

Excellent stuff! 2 hapless New Zealanders in New York with their band 'Flight of the Conchords'.

Episode 2 was on tonight on BBC4 (TV) at 9.30pm (repeated on Friday nights on the same channel). Quite a Boosh-esque program, with their songs forming a large part of the show too. The Robot song last week as great, as was the 'Inner City Life' West End Girls pastiche this week.

There's a radio show too, done in a documentary-style with narration by Rob Brydon.

Check it out if you can

Comment

I found it hit and miss the fleetwood mac joke in ep one being a highlight

Comment

Yes. It's quality.

I've been a fan of their songs for a while thanks to youtube and Radio 2. When I heard about the TV show I wasn't sure if what they do would work in this kind of format. But it really does. Very funny.

Comment

This, followed by Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe is the only thing I make a point of watching on TV at the moment. Although there was a lack of songs in last nights episode I thought.

Comment

Yeah not many songs last night, but the Boom song had me in stitches:

"She's so hot, she's so flippin hot, she's as a hot as a curry! She's so hot....god I sound sexist: she's so hot she's making me sexist!"

Comment

found a good few eps online a few weeks back.

everyone has to watch episode 3. it is hilarious!!!!

Comment

Such an awesome show, had me in tears at some parts, Ep 9 is just awesome.

Comment

The DVD is out on October 29th

Comment

Great episode last night!

Frodo, don't wear the ring, I know it's very tempting! And John Turturro turning up at the end - how cool was that?! Very cool is how cool

EDIT: last night's episode got a very good write-up in The Independent today!
                            Last edited by funkydan; 05-12-2007, 12:19.

Comment

Have been meaning to get the dvd of this for ages as the buzz around them was pretty big.
                              Just found by random 6 episodes via the virgin on demand, watched first two episodes and didnt really know what type of show to expect but what I got, I loved it.
                              When he just burst into song I was like just keeps getting better though.
                              In ep2 this made me laugh hard.

Check them out if you haven't, can't believe I left it this long.

Comment

Working...
                              X