Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea Thread

Not sure if I'm the only Chelsea fan here but Chelsea are in much need of an up to date thread (couldn't see a chelsea thread for a while and may as well start one for the new season).

Watched the Birmingham game and I have to say, up front I thought we looked really good, lots of chances with varied build ups and we should've dominated the whole game. Unfortunately our defence looked really shaky and Birmingham goes goals that came out of nowhere and we had to ordeal a tense final 15 minutes. would be just our luck for us to get an unlucky goal costing points when Liverpool and Arsenal got some luck in their favour.

Hopefully the defence was just slightly off today because I thought we looked decent today.

Not a Chelsea fan but, on MOTD2 I did think they played with a lot of drive. Poor at the back but I feel Mourinho risked it against Birmingham but will be more compressed against more dangerous teams. Quite impressed with Wright-Philips actually and I don't really like him.

Comment

You're not the only Chelsea-fan here, abigsmurf.

I was at the bridge when we played Birmingham, and I thought we played very well, but our defence was a bit shaky.

The shaky bit wasn't gone against Reading, and we overall had a crap first half as well, but second half was great, and Jos? made some good, though "scary" changes to our team. But even though he gambled a lot at the back, we kept possession, and kept going forward. Should maybe have gotten a third goal as well, but 2-1 is enough to get three points, so I'm happy!

Comment

Good early lead over Man U. Just got that Liverpool game to worry about now..

Terry did a full training session earlier in the week so it's possible he'll be fit

Comment

not a great first half, SWP was playing in a strange position and out defence was shaky again

Comment

Why are Chelsea buying a 31 yr old Brazilian right back when they have Ferrera & Glen Johnson already?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Why are Chelsea buying a 31 yr old Brazilian right back when they have Ferrera & Glen Johnson already?
              Ferreira is a terrible player. Crap going forward, crap going the other way too - definately the worst 1st team player at Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                Ferreira is a terrible player. Crap going forward, crap going the other way too - definately the worst 1st team player at Chelsea.
                Well a weak link he may be, but they did win back to back titles with him playing. Johnson needs games.

Comment

They have desparately needed cover at right back for a while. I think Ferreira is not bad but he cost a lot and isn't *quite* that good. Its a clever enough buy I feel, not too much and it is really for cover.

Comment

We play all that 'beautiful football' and do nothing. Aston Villa get two chances, scores them both...

What good is all the fancy footwork of SWP if he can't deliver a quality final ball most of the time?

Comment

A poor performance. We had some chances, but nothing seemed to work. Overall, a boring display.

I don't think Shaun Wright-Phillips is good enough. He wastes chances, and simply isn't sharp enough.

Lots of room for improvement. Injury woes again though.

Comment

I am very happy to see Villa beat Chelsea We deserve to win. I think Chelsea rely too much on 2 wide men as Villa got 5 central defenders and Reo Coker it is hard to break down them.

It is nice debut for Zak Knight. A former Fulham player and Villa fan score on his debut and a clean sheet against his previous local rival at home.

That will be payback time for the damn FA Cup Final 2000 ARGGHH

Game wasn't that exciting though as it is a battle.

Comment

Will watch tonight but, according to the radio up to 85 mins (maybe even the end) it sounded like Carson had NO saves to maker. If the Drog has injuries, that is a problem.

Comment

Chelsea dominated possession but having said that, they hardly tested the Villa keeper. Villa weren't exactly brilliant themselves but they dealt with everything Chelsea threw at them, and took their chances when they came.

Comment

Sounds like a completely outrageous offside decision that disallowed. Sounds like Shevchenko is now officially a complete liability by all the chances he missed.

*sigh*

Our early lead over Man U decimated...

Comment

Working...
                              X