"V" The TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"V" The TV Series

So, are there any fans around here? I was having a chat with a friend last week and they couldn't believe I'd never seen an episode of it before. I remember it used to be on late at night, but for some reason I never watched it and up until now its passed me by.

Thanks to the wonders of eBay, I ordered a copy on Friday and got it on Saturday and I'll be settling in for a marathon watching session this week.

So, what should I expect? I guess dodgy effects and massive 80s hairdos are a given, but is there substance behind this "style"?

Originally posted by ascender View Post
    So, are there any fans around here? I was having a chat with a friend last week and they couldn't believe I'd never seen an episode of it before. I remember it used to be on late at night, but for some reason I never watched it and up until now its passed me by.

Thanks to the wonders of eBay, I ordered a copy on Friday and got it on Saturday and I'll be settling in for a marathon watching session this week.

So, what should I expect? I guess dodgy effects and massive 80s hairdos are a given, but is there substance behind this "style"?
    I love it - i've got the 1st series plus the final battle and the second tv series

80's hairdos are a plenty especially Diana and the effects are actually alright - the spaceship stuff is pretty poor, but the visitor stuff is pretty decent and i love the way the speak, which was removed for the 2nd series

some pretty big names in it including Michael Ironside, Marc Singer and Robert Englund

Comment

I hope you mean the "mini-series" not the TV series? As the tv series is the followup.

This is sci-fi firmly rooted in the 80's, lovely hair all-round. I remember that the production values were quite high (although a bit creaky now) it was GREAT!!!

Comment

They were shown recently on SciFi and I was really impressed seeing it again. Yeah, it's totally 80s and the main guy is a joke, but it's a really good miniseries and holds up really well.

The series that followed got progressively worse and the ending was terrible but even that had its moments.

Comment

So, are there any fans around here?
          I was fan of the series when I was really, really young, but then it was banned here. They thought that series was too scary for children.
          Last edited by elkatas; 19-08-2007, 20:32.

Comment

A particular happening gave me nightmares for years.

Comment

I remember fancying one of the bints in that, before i realised she was an alien naturally... i could've only been 7 or 8. Scarred me for life when she had her face pulled off and my first TV crush turned out be a scaly green lizard-alien thing

Comment

Ah, OK, so there was a mini-series and a TV series. I've bought the complete TV series which is 19 episodes across 3 double sided DVDs.

So what should I be watching before this then?

Comment

So what should I be watching before this then?
                  This one, I think.

Comment

You'll know if it's the right one if the people look like this:

In other words big hair and bad clothing.

Ah, 80's sci-fi

Originally posted by believedog
                    A particular happening gave me nightmares for years.
                    Funny how, without having to post a spoiler, I automatically know which bit you're on about.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                      This one, I think.
                      and this one or he will never see the ending

V: The Final Battle

shame you didnt ask about this last week as i would have posted them out to you to watch and then you could have posted them back when you were finished

but i off to Fareham again next week for a few months

Last edited by buster_broon; 19-08-2007, 23:05.

Comment

Thanks guys I've got it sussed now. I've got the follow-on TV series, when what I actually need to watch first is the original mini-series.

I've just picked up those two from eBay as well Buster, so I'll put the TV series away until I've seen those. Thanks for the offer, shame about the timing, but I don't grudge spending the money on stuff like this.

Comment

Aye I remember seeing the mini series when it aired for first time in 80s and watched it again a few years ago (of course reliasing Freddie Nightmare on Elm Street is in it). I enjoyed the mini series. I thought the tv series followup was rubish though (it used to be on about 2am). Think it used to be on just before excellent Sledgehammer

Comment

The remake starts next week for those that are interested.

Comment

When,what time and channel ?

Comment

Working...
                              X