Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serie A 2007/08

I'll probably end up being the only person posting in here, but just in case anyone else is catching the Italian action on Channel 5 I thought I'd start up a thread

The Inter vs Udinese match last week was pretty good, lots of end to end attacking, but the Cagliari vs Juventus match today was mental!

First half was average, with Cagliari doing a lot of attacking but being unable to break through. The second half was great though, thanks largly to the insane referee. We had five goals (it ended up 2-3 to Juve), two penalties, one penalty that was given but then the linesman over-ruled the ref, and two sendings off! Oh, and when Zebina got sent off, he slapped a Sky Sports Italia cameraman at the side of the pitch!

Nothing can beat the female Italian co-presenter Channel 5 has employed though. She's hillariously bad! She can barely read the autocue and half the time she doesn't even realise it's her turn to speak

I was planning to watch this, but ended up watching Arsenal V Portsmouth instead. I am off to Milan in October and hope to get to see them take on Empoli. My knowledge of Italian football is quite poor so I could do with swotting up a bit.

Comment

If you want to buy a ticket for the game, you will need to go to a local bank (can't remember the name)

I watched Inter Milan V Spartak Moscow in Champion League last October.

Which Milan team are you watching ? If you like AC Milan there is a beautiful club shop in posh shopping district.

Tip if you are taking your girlfriend there, leave the credit card at home

Comment

Both Milan clubs sell tix on their websites. The San Siro is beautiful - do the tour.

Comment

It's AC I will be watching, hopefully wont be spending enough time in Milan for my wife to spend all my money. We plan to spend only 1 night in Milan and then the rest at the lakes.
          Thanks for all the advice/help people

Comment

I'm following Seria A this season and have watched the first two live games, a welcome return to television!

I nearly started a thread after the Inter game, but wasn't sure if anyone else here was/is a fan.

Comment

Yeah, glad it's back, but it doesn't seem quite the same without James Richardson presenting! At least when it was off the air last season it was during the most one siided championship for years.

Hopefully it'll go down to the wire with Roma, Inter, Milan all involved, maybe even Fiorentina, Lazio and Juve. Something like 01/02 when Inter started the final day top and finished third would be nice! Except with Roma winning it instead of Juve

I'm gonna have to make sure I go out to Italy and see a game this year. I've been meaning to go for a good five years and never quite manage to get around to it for some reason.

Comment

That game on Sunday was incredible - I am 99% certain that the referee was on a bribe, there were some absolutely insane decisions going on. If that had been a Premiership game then they would have had to physically drag Andy Gray out of the studio afterwards, as he would still be bleating on about the official. Incredible stuff.

Comment

Thing was, he did stuff that was helping / hindering both sides, so perhaps it was a case of insanity combined with him being one of the worst refs ever? Either that or both sides bribed him so he was helping both of 'em out Can't beat a good dose of Serie A controversy!

Comment

It also amazes me watching the Italian footy how much diving, gamesmanship and all round horseplay goes on....the media moan about a supposed problem in the Premiership with that kind of stuff, meanwhile in the cultured, catenaccio based Serie A their boys hit the turf when a defender runs past them!

Comment

Who is next on Italian football as I won't watch Juventus as I dislike their style.

Oh the Italian presenter Laura She is lovely. At least she is brave enough to do a show in non native tongue.

Comment

I want to see Adriano play to his best for Inter, is he at least on the bench yet?

Comment

Don't think he's anywhere near playing for Inter, they've been desperately trying to offload him all summer. I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave in January.

Personally I hope they show Sampdoria vs Napoli next. I'd like to see a couple of teams that aren't considered giants, and I want to see what that crazy bugger Casanno is going to be like back in Serie A

Comment

Decent match this weekend between Juventus and Udinese. First half was a tad dull but I thought the second half was pretty good, with Udinese playing some good football at times. They deserved the win as well, although Del Piero was unlucky not to score as he hit the woodwork three times. Glad Juve lost though Seems that Udinese play their best away from home. 1-1 against Inter, 1-0 win over Juve, but lose 5-0 at home to Napoli!

Roma vs Juve next week which should be a cracking match. Hopefully Roma will win as I have a bet on them to win the league this year (plus they're my "other club" behind Spurs). It'll be the third Juve match in a row though... personally I think they've slipped a bung to Channel 5 to get extra TV time

Comment

First time I've seen Italian football on terrestrial TV since well, Channel 4 took it off the air and it was alright. It's not as good as Channel 4's coverarge with James Richardson presenting back in the day though.

As for the match itself, it was alright and it was good to see Juventus back in Serie A again cos let's face it: scandal or no scandal Serie A just isn't the same without them as last season showed.

I'm looking forward to next week's match and the first big match of the season...Roma vs Juventus.

Comment

Working...
                              X