La Liga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Liga Thread

I am a huge fan of Real Madrid and love watching Spanish football. I prefer Real Madrid and La Liga than Aston Villa and Premier League but if Aston Villa play Real Madrid I will want Aston Villa to win as they are my main love

I think Real Madrid will successful defend their title for the Spanish League, but whether they will win European Cup again we don't know.

So any other Spanish football fans on this forum.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 02-05-2009, 18:32.

Although Real Madrid have invested in quite a few players and got off to a good start in La Liga, I still think that Barcelona will bounce back from the disappointment of last season and regain the Title. It'll be close though.

Overall, I think Barcelona have a better squad.

Comment

I love the fact that this is a 'threat'

Comment

Ive been watching it and i personally think/hope Real can win it again as i bloody hate Barca.

Comment

I always find the Spanish football entertaining, its a shame we only really get the Barca and Real games shown in the UK on a consistant basis.

I think you'd struggle to look further than Barca and Real for the title though. Sevilla will probably be the closest challengers considering Valencia haven't started well, but unless someone like Zaragoza, Villarreal or Atletico has a stormer of a season, one of the 'big two' is likely to win the league.
          Last edited by On The Edge of Insanity; 06-09-2007, 16:54.

Comment

How's Henry doing so far?

Comment

Don't know.

When I went to Madrid for first time the people are friendly, and the team and stadium and museum swept me off my feet. Plus McManaman playing for them, then few days later I went to Barcelona and find it nice place but I didn't feel the friendly or love for it. It was decided I am Real Madrid fan. I have been to Madrid three times and it is my 3rd home. (After my home and Villa Park)

I think the history and tradition of Real Madrid won it for me.

Comment

My Spanish allegiance has always been with Barca of the top two. I think it is mainly because when I was growing up, we went to Mallorca and mainland Spain quite a lot on holiday, and this was when Barca had their dream team with Guardiola, Bakero, Koeman, Laudrup, Romario, Stoichkov, etc, and they were everywhere. The players they had, mixed with the style of football they played made it a no brainer, and I've always preferred them to Madrid from that point on.

For me Barca always played the slicker, more expansive football, whereas Madrid were always very methodical in their play even in their 'Galacticos' era. This season Madrid do have a lot more pace in their side than previous seasons though, and they are certainly playing much more attractive football than before, which is think is definitely a change for the better.

Comment

So, where's the threat?

[scratches beard]

Comment

Not watched the new season properly yet but will get into with the next set of games. Love Sky Sports coverage of it, get to see almost every Barca and Madrid match. I personally am a Real Madrid fan, was over the moon on the final day of last season when they pulled off the win in fantastic style, also netting me a tenner from my mate!!

And a great start to the season so far, with the 5-0 win and the fact they are 2 points clear already after 2 games is odd but very cool!

Comment

[QUOTE

I think the history and tradition of Real Madrid won it for me.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Franco used to use Government money to bankroll the team!

Tried to 'eradiicate' the Basques (Barca) as well...

But I like Real too...

Comment

I was not too excited with Real Madrid this season as the performance aren't there. Am I only one thinking this. It seem we are better under Fabio than the German coach.

Comment

Tight at the top now after Barca and Real both lost. Valencia and Villarreal are looking good so far.

Comment

God I havent been watching this at all this season, need to get a move on!

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                              Ive been watching it and i personally think/hope Real can win it again as i bloody hate Barca.
                              It's the other way around for me, personally.

I've always had a soft spot for Barca. Real Madrid are scum, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X