Californication (TV Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Californication (TV Show)

Just watched the first episode of this, and thought it was fantastic. It stars David Duchovny (as made famous in the X-Files), who is stuck in a mid-life crisis, and is trying to balance his family and his lust for women, in between his failing writing career.

Duchovny is great in this, and if you liked his continuous one-liners and jokes in the X-Files, then you'll love him in this.

And nearly each scene is intersected with him bedding a different woman, the total polar opposite of his role in the X-Files, where we waited Seasons for Mulder and Scully to get one kiss.

Really recommend watching this, although if you are offended by nudity and foul language, then steer clear.

Its great fun. funny + copious amounts of boobies make a show you cant help but like.

Comment

It's been on for ten weeks in America, loads of topless ladies in first four or five episodes, then they don't appear as often.

Season starts really strong, thought was bit slack around episodes six and seven, but some really funny laugh out loud moments from episode eight onwards - and before this show I didn't like X-Files or David D.

Very glad I started watching it now

Glad to hear C5 aren't censoring it at all.

Comment

I just wish I had seen Paula Marshall's boobies back when she was young. Seems Duchovny is going back to his roots - remember he did that Red Shoe Diaries thing years ago? Great for a, well, you know...

Comment

I'm loving this show since it started last week. David Duchovny is brilliant as Hank Moody. Only complaint is that each episode of Californication is 45 mins and not an hour long - it always seems too short.

Funniest scene of series/season 1 so far, IMO.

Comment

it is good but i've caught up with the american eps now and it does slacken off a little, plus the David D's main character seems to tone down quite a lot and not be as misanthropic as he starts out.

still pretty good stuff though.

Comment

Californication....

To complement Gerrys thread about crap tv http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=80333 did anybody watch this on Channel5?
              It's got Fox Mulder in it and he basically shags anything from the age of 16 upwards and this was just in the first 2 episodes!
              It seems to be a cross between Sex & The City and (the superior) Dream On. Nowhere near as good as either, but has the ability to make you want to watch the next episode even though the one you've just watched you moaned all the way through...except for all the full frontal **** and tons of titties and ass!!

Comment

There's already a thread about this somewhere Nige. I can't be arsed to search for it though. Like you.

Comment

yeah searching is for people in touch with their feminine side, and pussies!

Comment

Says the guy who referenced Sex and the City? Jeez, ya big girl.

Comment

You knowz it Honkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Says the guy who referenced Sex and the City? Jeez, ya big girl.
                        Sex & the city was all about women getting done up the wrong 'un. Nothing wussie about that!

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                          yeah searching is for people in touch with their feminine side, and pussies!
                          yeah thanks for wasting 60 seconds of my life merging threads.

Comment

Missed the boat with this one but after reading and hearing so many positive things about this show I really hope Five show the whole season again at some point.

Comment

Season 2 started in the US the other day, it picks up right where Season 1 left off and is looking to be just as good!

Comment

Working...
                              X