The Gadget Show (C5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gadget Show (C5)

'bout time this show had it's own thread, I can't be the only one here to watch it, returns tonight at 8.00pm (much better than the 7.15 previously), one of the main tests tonight is the iphone vs Nokia's N95.

i watch it too, usually pretty good but prime sky plus fodder to zap the boring bits.

can't remember her name (Suzie ?) but the woman is quite hot too bearing in mind she is that rarest of breeds, the female nerd.

Comment

This get filmed where I used to work, it was always nice following Suzi Perry up several flights of stairs when she was dressed in tight leathers!

Comment

Such a stupid face off should have been the w960i vs the iphone

Comment

What a contrived bunch of tests, very bizarre!

Comment

Missed it on Monday, anyone know if it will be repeated?

Comment

It is at some point yes, you'll have to check the website/TV mag.

Not a bad episode, do really like the look of the iphone even if it's not that practical for other stuff - which I probably wouldn't use anyway

Comment

It was certainly an interesting verdict given how much they usually like Apple stuff. I wasn't expecting much form the camera, but having seen some pics on forums taken with them, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the results. I thought there would have been more coverage of how the apps like Safari and email worked. Having played with Touch for about a week, you learn how to use things like the zoom to make the most of the screen when web browsing for example, so I'm surprised they mentioned how difficult it was entering text in boxes for example.

Comment

I actually usually hate the whole laddish "get the latest gadgetz and gizmoz and flat teles!" fad, but this show doesn't suffer from it despite the name, I actually quite like watching it. Glad to hear it's back.

Comment

While its not overly laddish they do tend to rate the more expensive stuff more highly. They're also starting to repeat themselves in terms of how they test things and the challenges are often boring. All that said its still fairly enjoyable and I always watch it. Better than Click on bbc news

Comment

Originally posted by Gruce View Post
                      Missed it on Monday, anyone know if it will be repeated?
                      Repeated on Saturday Mornings

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum View Post
                        Repeated on Saturday Mornings
                        With sign language for deaf people!

The bloke presenter tries too hard for my liking, his over enthuasism is a bit cringeworthy.

Comment

Yeah but I get the feeling that really is him, it's not put on for the camera. Which is worrying

Comment

He's one of the mods/admins/editors on avforums isn't he? Or he seems to feature on a lot of the podcasts anyway...

I can't take him seriously after he got excited over Lair a year or so back!

Comment

He lives not far from me and he is a bit overenthusiastic in real life too, also he kept telling me how he used to write for PC zone or gamer or something.
                              "Write this down and check it out"

Comment

Working...
                              X