Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck

Anyone watch this? http://www.nbc.com/Chuck/

Mate just told me about it. Worth bothering with?

Not to be confused with that naff looking film of a similar name (with Jessica Alba in).

my comic book guy recomended this to me yesterday.
    so i shall be checking out the first episode tonight.

Comment

It's okay. It's very much like Reaper, but nicking from Alias rather than Dead Like Me. It's full of geek references, mind, so if that stuff gives you a semi, go for it. I showed my Tron poster to my girlf on our very first date, and she didn't run off screaming.

Comment

It's a great series, good laugh, good looking women and more importantly, Jayne from Firefly is in it.

Comment

Its not bad, like anephric said very similar to reaper. The way its done is quite entertaining. Oh aye and the dude from Firefly is superb in this, way better than the other Firefly actor whos doing a stint in Desperate Housewives

Comment

just saw the first one, and it seems pretty good.

not as funny as reaper, but i like the little twist at the end of that episode, which means it could get interesting. i'll give a few more a try at least.

Comment

It gets better, the first episode of reaper was better but they have traded places as the series both progress.

The women in chuck are much better too. Especially the female agent's uniform for her undercover job. (And her Halloween outfit was good too)

Comment

Now with added Rachel Bilson (Summer from "The OC")

Comment

all up to date with this now, and i'm glad i checked it out. it really is good. some very nice threads coming together now with sarah/lou love interests and the bryce backstory making more sense.

i dont think its as laugh out loud funny as reaper, but the fact it has more of an overall story running through it more obviously than reaper has may make it slightly the better show. although both of them are much better than heroes has been this season imho.

Comment

Have seen up to episode 8 now (with 9 to watch). It's very watchable but I wouldn't say it has many laugh out loud moments. I quite like some of the comments Harry Tang comes out with

(but has he gone now?)

Like you mentioned Fuddle, I think the back story with Bryce/Sarah etc... makes the show more cohesive and keeps you watching. I quite like that there are individual escapades, with the backstory trundeling along.

I think I need to check this Reaper out though...

Comment

at the end of 8 i was thinking, wouldn't it be good if

bryce wasn't dead

and it came true.
                      another top episode. shame i have to wait a whole week now i've no backlog.

Comment

Have to say, I watched 9 after I posted... Great ending eh! But shame that's all we have for now

Comment

once again it puts heroes to shame.

i guess the
                          storyline is all cleared up, but now i really want

him to be part of their team permanently. i think its really well done how they set him up to be the bad guy both in a spy way and as a jerk to chuck and co, and managed to turn it all round. and he ends up being the coolest guy in it. possibly even better than casey.

so that just leaves one more episode to go i think. i haven't really looked into it, but i assume its either a planned mid season break or due to the strike. but i really want it to come back.

i guess the next one will have some cliffhanger due to them getting a new intersect up and running or something. i forgot how long they said it would take to rebuild, but that must surely be the next story line.

still, cant stress how glad i am to have picked this up, even if i was late to it. i like it more and more each episode. shame it doesn't seem to be that popular.

Comment

Totally right about it putting Heroes to shame. I think that Chuck's probably my favourite show on at the moment!

I read somewhere it's been signed up to finish the rest of the series off, at some point. So we shouldn't be left hanging for too long. Obviously writer strikes pending etc...

Don't know what it is about the show, but I really like the story, the humour, and pretty much eveything (Sarah, obviously) about it. I used to quite like Tang, just for his sadistic ways, so hopefully they leave the door open for him to come back

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
                              shame it doesn't seem to be that popular.
                              Chuck has been one of the most popular shows this season. Ratings have continually increased and it has got a full first season order.

In fairness it is well deserved. Each character is well acted and the story it tells is fun in a throwaway kind of way. Not as deep as past hits Heroes or Lost. And for that it should be applauded.

Comment

Working...
                              X