Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advantages of Freeloader 1.04 over 1.06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advantages of Freeloader 1.04 over 1.06?

I just received Freeloader 1.04 from Goblin (as part of their Monkey Ball 2 promotion). However I don't yet have any PAL games to try on my NTSC cube.

I remember reading somewhere that the 1.04 was actually better for NTSC cubes because it didn't force PAL games (like Doshin) into NTSC 50hz. Is this true? Is there any advantages to the 1.04 disc for a NTSC cube owner? I'm wondering this before I send my disc to Datel to be upgraded.

I don't yet have the RGB cable, and I still finding it hard to justify the cost.

Originally posted by Dock
    I remember reading somewhere that the 1.04 was actually better for NTSC cubes because it didn't force PAL games (like Doshin) into NTSC 50hz. Is this true? Is there any advantages to the 1.04 disc for a NTSC cube owner? I'm wondering this before I send my disc to Datel to be upgraded.
    Yeah its true, I wrote that on the old forums. With some games (Doshin for sure and RE I think) I can't run them in 50Hz with v1.06, when I could (by selecting the Europe region) with 1.04. This might actually cause problems with some titles.

Metroid Prime PAL doesn't run with v1.06 either, not sure whether it does with v1.04.

Comment

Working...
    X